Author Topic: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17  (Read 476233 times)

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
Re: Prayers for Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room
« Reply #875 on: August 19, 2017, 12:04:09 AM »
No, I do not.

I believe the drugs, the videos, the adulation of sycophants, and the desire to make money without working makes people like this feel like they are special and don't have to abide by the rules of society, nature, biology, physics, or the law.

In the end Mother Nature is more ruthless than Father Time.

He is a grown man who made his own choices and IMHO wasted something precious that so many others are more deserving to have had.
Thats 90% of this boarding

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #876 on: August 19, 2017, 12:09:48 AM »
No, I do not.

I believe the drugs, the videos, the adulation of sycophants, and the desire to make money without working makes people like this feel like they are special and don't have to abide by the rules of society, nature, biology, physics, or the law.

He is a grown man who made his own choices and IMHO wasted something precious that so many others are more deserving to have had.

To be fair, I think Rich has worked pretty damned hard to make his money.

You think working 12 hours a day at an expo shaking hands with smelly gearheads is easy? I wouldnt do it for $200 an hour.

He's definitely taken short cuts in the way of implants / PMMA / Oil etc, but he did build an impressive phyisque before that too.

I think Rich got to a point post competing where he knew what to do social media wise and expo wise to make a buck by creating this persona. But he rightly calculated that he didnt have the time, drive or effort required to keep his phhysiqe to the level it was. So he decided to go down the PMMA route and with the time this saved him focus on marketing his "brand" to wannabe's

Ironically by the time he got to the peak of his popularity the damage was done health wise. He rolled the dice and lost.

But the guy has always worked hard. Even his ex Amy said the amount of weeks he sacrificed, didnt go out etc to afford to pay for a pool. And his first wife said they lived on canned ravioli and MRPs for months on end.

Say what you like about the guy but he's never been lazy - he's always hustled.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #877 on: August 19, 2017, 12:14:00 AM »
No, I do not.

I believe the drugs, the videos, the adulation of sycophants, and the desire to make money without working makes people like this feel like ]they are special and don't have to abide by the rules of society, nature, biology, physics, or the law.

Love the suggestion that some people are so delusional that they feel themselves to be above the laws of physics...  Now that's what I call self-belief!  LOL  ;D
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #878 on: August 19, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »

Oh yeah, and that ^^^^^^ wasn't a legit update was it?  Sorry Nether...  ;D
T

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #879 on: August 19, 2017, 12:15:53 AM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #880 on: August 19, 2017, 01:12:12 AM »
LMAO, yeah a severe head injury caused by opiates! Too funny.

Rich uses free ones*?

Free ones amazing.  They are extremely nontoxic, but the risk of dependency and overdose is definitely present.  However, when used in moderation, free ones are incredible.  Pure euphoria.

*I call Oxycontin "free ones", since the day my friend asked "Hey, did so and so give (other friend) a free one?", when he was referring to an Oxycontin 80 pill.  Or Oxycodone-containing Percocets, which also have the same active ingredient, I also call "free ones".  I was given a Percocet prescription once one and an it was as amazing.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #881 on: August 19, 2017, 01:55:55 AM »
Look my fellow aged friend.  I do not think for a moment that you are hurt by any comment here.  Just as you really don't care a flying intercourse about Piana.    ;) ;D

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Top Poodle brings this out in me. And no, I am not seeking intercourse, (whatever the heck you mean by this) about Piana. It just pisses me off when people who have nothing positive to post in these matters find it necessary to piss on someone when they are down.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #882 on: August 19, 2017, 02:19:47 AM »
So it's safe to say he's pretty much dead? Ok let's move on, next

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #883 on: August 19, 2017, 02:20:29 AM »
Inside info according to a source ;

"It was a straight up heart attack. That's all. He fell over, heart stopped. Chanel tried to revive him till the ambulance arrived on the scene. It took them 15 min for them to revive him and by then his brain had suffered severe damage hence why they put him under a coma. They took him off the medically induced coma and he slipped into a regular coma. He has some brain activity but he suffered irreparable brain damage. At this point it's just a waiting game."

To me this is most plausible. I have never seen him not gassed walking and with an enlarged heart, blow (or whatever drugs he was doing) it was a matter of time.

Thank you. You are a voice of sanity in this insane and frequently mean spirited thread. Whether one has a stroke or a heart attack, if their brain isn't getting blood or oxygen, it's not good. The longer this goes on the worst the results, plain and simple.

Rich may have genetic heart problems or his lifestyle choices may have caused it. As I've repeatedly said, the bigger one is, the greater the strain on their heart. My brother-in-law who never took steroids and wasn't a bodybuilder or a power lifter, died from heart failure. He was 6'9" and solid for his height, died of heart failure at an early age.

It is a waiting game. I just don't get why assholes feel like they need to hedge their bets. His life hangs in the balance what's the harm in hoping the best for him? Why the f.uck don't folks get this? It isn't a contest to see who can predict the future or be right.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #884 on: August 19, 2017, 02:34:56 AM »
I hope Rich pulls through. But in case he doesn't, I suggest à burial at sea. He would join the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. It would be a comforting thought to know that Rich is drifting peacefully the ocean with his next of kin.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #885 on: August 19, 2017, 02:36:09 AM »
Thank you. You are a voice of sanity in this insane and frequently mean spirited thread. Whether one has a stroke or a heart attack, if their brain isn't getting blood or oxygen, it's not good. The longer this goes on the worst the results, plain and simple.

Rich may have genetic heart problems or his lifestyle choices may have caused it. As I've repeatedly said, the bigger one is, the greater the strain on their heart. My brother-in-law who never took steroids and wasn't a bodybuilder or a power lifter, died from heart failure. He was 6'9" and solid for his height, died of heart failure at an early age.

It is a waiting game. I just don't get why assholes feel like they need to hedge their bets. His life hangs in the balance what's the harm in hoping the best for him? Why the f.uck don't folks get this? It isn't a contest to see who can predict the future or be right.

I also don't gettopohe negativity.  I wonder if anyone speaking poorly about Rich has actually met him.  He's a very nice guy and he is friendly to everyone that he speaks with.  What seems to be the issue?  At his weight and muscular size, yes, it was a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen if indeed it was one or the other.  But the same is true for numerous other in the bodybuilding and strongman world.  For instance, Brian Shaw competed at this year's Arnold Pro Strongman at 450-lb.  Does anyone here really think being 450-lb at 6'8.5" is nothing other than a heart attack waiting to happen?

Ditto for Eddie Hall (although he retired from the World's Strongest Man promotion after winning it), Hapthor B (my device keeps fixing his name to "Born Son", so I won't bother writing his name, but I'm referring to The Mountain in Game of Thrones), Brock Lesnar, and all of these other beasts.

I think Georges St-Pierre had the right idea - get the Fame and glory, but do it as a man let, standing 5'10 and walking around at around 184 to 188.  That is an intelligent strategy.  This whole pushing of body weight up to 300 or 400+lb...again, it is just a sudden deaths waiting to happen.

Any typos on here are the result of the device I am typing on, so I won't bother fixing them.

Anyway, there is a reason why I am 170.  And who knows...if my training is ever on-point for a steady year, I may become Canada's #1 strongman in the 170-lb the last.  All that I can say is - thank God for weight classes!!  Some people hate to these new divisions and the YouTube Fame that comes with it, but you know what?  I love it!  And even Rich was, in a very real way, only a celebrity due to YouTube.  So even bigger men benefit from YouTube as well as these new divisions.

I hope Rich makes it through, but it's sounding more and more like the Outlook is dismal.  In his wedding thread, someone said "Hey, be happy for Rich - he's in the last ten years of his life.". Sounds like that was accurate.  :-\

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #886 on: August 19, 2017, 02:40:23 AM »
how about getbigs own marty champions at 370 pounds? i sure hope we dont get to see a Prayers for Marty-thread  :(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #887 on: August 19, 2017, 02:59:00 AM »
But on the other hand, you are an idiot so what you think is most plausible could be absolute crap. Somewhere near the page 1 of this thread I wrote "This induced coma may be associated with a stroke, meaning that there is blood vessel erupted in the brain = typical symptom for people with high blood pressure because of using gear and drugs".. so you are saying that emergency staff can't fix basic heart attack? Here is little news for you: If you get so serious heart attack that you drop unconsciously straight on the floor, you are literally dead before you hit the floor. In that situation you are unconscious because your heart has stopped pumping blood in to your brains, and that is called "Massive Heart Attack" because you have only seconds to get yourself at the intensive care. There is something like 6% survival rate if you get immediate intensive care  ;D

You are nitpicking. Regardless of the cause of Rich's medical crisis, his life hangs in the balance. Why can't you let it go at that?

There are many reasons why people suffer strokes, not all of them relate to steroids, etc. A good friend of mine suffered a stroke earlier this month. He's has never used performance enhancing drugs. He is not a bodybuilder. He has high blood pressure. Shit happens. We can speculate what the cause or prevention may be all we want, but the reality is that not one of us will get out of this life alive. I am as curious as the next person as to how someone else dies. We are all different, we cannot prevent the inevitable no matter how much we want to. We all die, some of us sooner rather than later.

I am at risk of a stroke because I have atrial fibrillation. I take preventative medication (Metoporol  and low dose aspirin).Just so you know, I plan on being around for another 25 years or so.There are many Getbiggers whom I will relish saying Ha, ha, the last laugh is on you. LOL!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #888 on: August 19, 2017, 03:00:33 AM »
Technically I think it is a 5% survival rate.

;D

This is not good odds.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #889 on: August 19, 2017, 03:05:22 AM »
I may be a idiot but I have spent my whole career in cardiac surgery (prosthetic heart valves, pacemakers) so I rely on data to draw conclusions. A stroke may also be the cause, however, this happens quite often after cardiac arrest.

I've attached the link to the whole study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2948325/

Coma due to cardiac arrest: prognosis and contemporary treatment
Donald W Marioncorresponding author
Author information ► Copyright and License information ►
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
Go to:

Abstract
Approximately 80% of patients who are successfully resuscitated from cardiac arrest do not regain consciousness immediately after return of spontaneous circulation, and may remain in a coma for hours or weeks, or even be in a persistent vegetative state. Recent investigations have focused on the identification of early clinical characteristics and biomarkers that can reliably predict emergence from coma in those who survive, and on therapies that might improve neurologic outcome from the ischemic brain injury that can be caused by cardiac arrest.

Thank goodness I've filled out and posted my directives. No pulse...do not resuscitate. No feeding tube except on a limited basis. In other words, when I'm over, I am over.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #890 on: August 19, 2017, 03:07:28 AM »
I wonder if anyone speaking poorly about Rich has actually met him.  He's a very nice guy and he is friendly to everyone that he speaks with.  What seems to be the issue?  

The issue is a very simple case of mediocre people with mediocre lives enjoying the moment when someone who actually lived his life (albeit by taking risks) suffers for his decisions.

Let them have their cake.  They will never amount to anything, themselves.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #891 on: August 19, 2017, 03:08:01 AM »
To be fair, I think Rich has worked pretty damned hard to make his money.

You think working 12 hours a day at an expo shaking hands with smelly gearheads is easy? I wouldnt do it for $200 an hour.

He's definitely taken short cuts in the way of implants / PMMA / Oil etc, but he did build an impressive phyisque before that too.

I think Rich got to a point post competing where he knew what to do social media wise and expo wise to make a buck by creating this persona. But he rightly calculated that he didnt have the time, drive or effort required to keep his phhysiqe to the level it was. So he decided to go down the PMMA route and with the time this saved him focus on marketing his "brand" to wannabe's

Ironically by the time he got to the peak of his popularity the damage was done health wise. He rolled the dice and lost.

But the guy has always worked hard. Even his ex Amy said the amount of weeks he sacrificed, didnt go out etc to afford to pay for a pool. And his first wife said they lived on canned ravioli and MRPs for months on end.

Say what you like about the guy but he's never been lazy - he's always hustled.
Rich had a mediocre phyisque before what he did to himself. Plus he had terrible arm genetics. Which is why he did what he did. He also had terrible conditioning. Rich later on worked hard at crafting an image of what he wasn't. The flood damaged or salvage title cars to give the image of having money. The tattoos to give an image of being hardcore. He worked hard at being fake, and at the same time, he worked hard at being the nice guy. Along with the drug addiction. He even liked his women "fake". Bottom line, he couldn't make it as a real bodybuilder, so a fake YouTube bodybuilding celebrity is the next best thing. And he paid the price. Just as Walter had said Mother Nature took him to class.
That being said, hope he comes out of this alive, and let this be a cautionary tale for those who think being big and using red drugs when you have health issues is the way to go, no amount of money and popularity is worth it, especially when you may have brain damage for the rest of your life.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #892 on: August 19, 2017, 03:09:08 AM »
The issue is a very simple case of mediocre people with mediocre lives enjoying the moment when someone who actually lived his life (albeit by taking risks) suffers for his decisions.

Let them have their cake.  They will never amount to anything, themselves.
schandenfreude

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #893 on: August 19, 2017, 03:25:06 AM »
The word I am hearing is that he was snorting fentanyl. Not an addict but used it sometimes as an evening treat. That led to him passing out (I guess an OD) which made him fall and whack his head.

Whether a stroke or not, the lack of oxygen (maybe combined with the blow to the head) led to some "stroke like" symptoms. So either way it's not good. He is being treated in a way that you would treat a stroke victim.

The part about him being off all "supplements" might sound obvious but they did give some thought to keeping him on low dose test (as an entire withdrawal might actually stress the body). But in any case he is entirely "off" and if you think about it maintaining his size right now is the least of his worries.

I have never met Channel by the way, but heard lots about her from someone who knows her very well.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #894 on: August 19, 2017, 03:35:25 AM »
I may be a idiot but I have spent my whole career in cardiac surgery (prosthetic heart valves, pacemakers) so I rely on data to draw conclusions. A stroke may also be the cause, however, this happens quite often after cardiac arrest.

I've attached the link to the whole study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2948325/

Coma due to cardiac arrest: prognosis and contemporary treatment
Donald W Marioncorresponding author
Author information ► Copyright and License information ►
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
Go to:

Abstract
Approximately 80% of patients who are successfully resuscitated from cardiac arrest do not regain consciousness immediately after return of spontaneous circulation, and may remain in a coma for hours or weeks, or even be in a persistent vegetative state. Recent investigations have focused on the identification of early clinical characteristics and biomarkers that can reliably predict emergence from coma in those who survive, and on therapies that might improve neurologic outcome from the ischemic brain injury that can be caused by cardiac arrest.

So you are an idiot and full of crap? How original? So you are saying as an expert of cardiac surgery that basic treatment to massive heart attack is coma?  Of course it is, and we all take you word for it  ;D

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #895 on: August 19, 2017, 03:43:10 AM »

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #896 on: August 19, 2017, 03:46:08 AM »
Bottom line, he couldn't make it as a real bodybuilder, so a fake YouTube bodybuilding celebrity is the next best thing. And he paid the price. Just as Walter had said Mother Nature took him to class.
That being said, hope he comes out of this alive, and let this be a cautionary tale for those who think being big and using red drugs when you have health issues is the way to go, no amount of money and popularity is worth it, especially when you may have brain damage for the rest of your life.

Rich was as successful & popular as pretty much any pro bber, maybe moreso.  And all that without g4p or suffering through a diet to wear a thong on stage.  

Assuming this is it for him, I doubt he'd have done anything differently.  He probably would have been unhappy living life in a more 'sensible' manner. To each his own

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #897 on: August 19, 2017, 03:58:27 AM »
So you are saying as an expert of cardiac surgery that basic treatment to massive heart attack is coma?

You're getting mixed up between coma and induced coma.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2017, 04:20:40 AM »
The word I am hearing is that he was snorting fentanyl. Not an addict but used it sometimes as an evening treat. That led to him passing out (I guess an OD) which made him fall and whack his head.

Whether a stroke or not, the lack of oxygen (maybe combined with the blow to the head) led to some "stroke like" symptoms. So either way it's not good. He is being treated in a way that you would treat a stroke victim.

The part about him being off all "supplements" might sound obvious but they did give some thought to keeping him on low dose test (as an entire withdrawal might actually stress the body). But in any case he is entirely "off" and if you think about it maintaining his size right now is the least of his worries.

I have never met Channel by the way, but heard lots about her from someone who knows her very well.

Bah.

You can't even enjoy a 0.04 gram line of an Oxycontin 80 these days out of fear it may be cut with Fentanyl.  What a bunch of garbage.  All because bulk Fentanyl or Carfentanyl powder is bought from China and used to make fake Oxycontin 80 pills.  The end result is that the most miniscule amount possible can result in an overdose, or even death.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #899 on: August 19, 2017, 04:45:32 AM »
Yes that's what likely happened. Although I was told he knew it was fentanyl. But just the dose was too strong.