Author Topic: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17  (Read 477226 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Re: RIP Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17
« Reply #1250 on: August 25, 2017, 07:54:01 AM »
First Dallas, Now rich ? All I can say is im PROUD to be NATURAL.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #1251 on: August 25, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »
Rest in Peace

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Rich Piana Rip
« Reply #1252 on: August 25, 2017, 08:29:24 AM »
50K a month on YT? -lol   You would need a lot more views to reach that number.  Not even 5K I'd bet.  

The tat he should've gotten was: "Fake it till you make it".      

I am not sure exactly what Rich's net worth or monthly/yearly income was, but I am confident that he both made Tunza Munny, and had Tunza Munny - most likely, Rich had as much money as Tunza Muscle had muscle!  He likely had as much money as Mayda Munny - who yearned for Richie Rich in his comic book series.  I did a 2013 interview with Rich where he cleared the air about how he made money:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1253 on: August 25, 2017, 08:30:59 AM »
Rich speaks a little more about his early financial success.  I believe his ex-girlfriend, Amy Waz, stated that Rich used a significant amount of recreational drugs.  That being said, it may not be the full truth because, as the saying goes "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1254 on: August 25, 2017, 08:39:33 AM »
Did not go through the whole thread. What is his official cause of death?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1255 on: August 25, 2017, 08:44:42 AM »
Dead at the same age as President Kennedy JFK

DAMN.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #1256 on: August 25, 2017, 08:46:12 AM »
Rip you big bastard.He seemed like a cool guy.Did what he liked and made money doing it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1257 on: August 25, 2017, 08:47:59 AM »
Serious question:

I once read that the 5% product was not Piana's. That he was simply the spokesperson for the label. Is this true? If so, who will take his place?
X

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1258 on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:06 AM »
90 years is short? Lmao!
::)

You're right.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1259 on: August 25, 2017, 08:50:16 AM »
Did not go through the whole thread. What is his official cause of death?

Palumbo said that his source said it was a heart attack, which caused a fall, which stopped oxygen to the brain, so he was put into a medically induced coma, and finally died.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1260 on: August 25, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »
Assuming the date of birth information here is correct, Rich died 32 days before turning 46.  :(

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/rich-piana.html

Greg Kovacs died 24 days before turning 45.  :-\

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Kovacs

I guess one thing is for certain - the shelf life for larger men is not as high as for smaller men.

I saw a photoshoot for what was presumably a French Canadian work boot company, ROYER, and Georges St-Pierre was doing the shoot with Jean-Francois Caron.  Georges is a little over a year older than JF, but looks much younger.  Both men are "bald", but you can tell that GSP has all of his hair and just chooses to shave it bald.  As a result of walking around at 184-lb at around 5'10.5", GSP will most likely have a longer lifespan than JF, who is closer to 330 at 6'4.  From JF's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/jfcaronstrongman/photos/a.502335199874075.1073741828.495947157179546/1354309588009961

Both are tremendous athletes - but given that JF was 5th in the world both last year's and this year's World's Strongest Man, it could be argued that JF is the overall more successful athlete in his sport.  After all, JF is #5 in the world in the OPEN CLASS, whereas GSP was a dominant champion in his weight class, the welterweights.

What I mean by this is that GSP would almost certainly not be the #5 MMA fighter in the world at his best, as the top five would almost definitely be heavyweight competitors, or perhaps an extremely good light-heavyweight competitor in the mix too.

GSP was never formally offered to fight Anderson Silva until after his Johny Hendricks fight at which point nothing would have kept him in the sport, but I find it unlikely that GSP would have been able to beat him, and GSP himself said that Silva's fight weight was likely something like 207 - far heavier than his weigh-in weight of 185.  It seemed to me that GSP was never under the impression that he could beat Silva.

Jean Francois Caron came to Thunder Bay last year to win the inaugural "Thunder Bay Classic", where I sponsored the trophies, and a portion of JF's cash reward, and he was turning pretty red after each event.  I am hugely impressed at what JF does, and it makes me sad knowing that he won't be around for a long time if he keeps his body weight well north of 300-lb.

I have befriended so many large bodybuilders that it makes me sad knowing that they - some of them, perhaps even most - will die young, or at least, younger than they otherwise would have.

BOSS:

Serious question:

I once read that the 5% product was not Piana's. That he was simply the spokesperson for the label. Is this true? If so, who will take his place?

Correct.  I believe it was owned by Pete Hyc , who also owns IllPumpYouUp.com

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #1261 on: August 25, 2017, 08:51:57 AM »
Serious question:

There's been talks about a guy named Dallas.....(phone rings)....euh, finally a guy named Justin.....(phone rings).....

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1262 on: August 25, 2017, 08:53:52 AM »
Serious question:

I guess Debra Piana and PCHY, LLC, if I'm reading this correctly.

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=FIVEPERCENTNUTRITION%20L140000501201&aggregateId=flal-l14000050120-99192a31-0034-4de5-bd7e-cc56279f3ffe&searchTerm=five%20percent%20nutrition&listNameOrder=FIVEPERCENTNUTRITION%20L140000501201
Detail by Entity Name

Florida Limited Liability Company

FIVE PERCENT NUTRITION, LLC
Filing Information
Document Number
L14000050120
FEI/EIN Number
46-5263366
Date Filed
03/26/2014
Effective Date
03/26/2014
State
FL
Status
ACTIVE
Last Event
LC AMENDMENT
Event Date Filed
12/23/2016
Event Effective Date
NONE
Principal Address
8285 BRYAN DAIRY RD
SUITE 190
LARGO, FL 33777-1350

Changed: 12/23/2016
Mailing Address
8285 BRYAN DAIRY RD
SUITE 190
LARGO, FL 33777-1350

Changed: 12/23/2016
Registered Agent Name & Address HYC, PETER
8285 BRYAN DAIRY RD
SUITE 190
LARGO, FL 33777-1350
Authorized Person(s) Detail Name & Address

Title MGR

PCHY, LLC
505 MANDALAY AVENUE #72
CLEARWATER BEACH, FL 33767

Title MGR

PIANA, DEBRA JANE
8285 BRYAN DAIRY ROAD, SUITE 190
LARGO, FL 33777

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1263 on: August 25, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »
There's been talks about a guy named Dallas.....(phone rings)....euh, finally a guy named Justin.....(phone rings).....

Compton down-sized a lot. Not sure he'll ever compete again. According to David Johnston he's on a waiting list for a kidney (unconfirmed, but he said he had a good source).

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1264 on: August 25, 2017, 08:57:48 AM »
Assuming the date of birth information here is correct, Rich died 32 days before turning 46.  :(

I guess one thing is for certain - the shelf life for larger men is not as high as for smaller men.

I saw a photoshoot for what was presumably a French Canadian work boot company, ROYER, and Georges St-Pierre was doing the shoot with Jean-Francois Caron.  Georges is a little over a year older than JF, but looks much younger.  Both men are "bald", but you can tell that GSP has all of his hair and just chooses to shave it bald.  As a result of walking around at 184-lb at around 5'10.5", GSP will most likely have a longer lifespan than JF, who is closer to 330 at 6'4.  From JF's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/jfcaronstrongman/photos/a.502335199874075.1073741828.495947157179546/1354309588009961

Both are tremendous athletes - but given that JF was 5th in the world both last year's and this year's World's Strongest Man, it could be argued that JF is the overall more successful athlete in his sport.  After all, JF is #5 in the world in the OPEN CLASS, whereas GSP was a dominant champion in his weight class, the welterweights.

What I mean by this is that GSP would almost certainly not be the #5 MMA fighter in the world at his best, as the top five would almost definitely be heavyweight competitors, or perhaps an extremely good light-heavyweight competitor in the mix too.

GSP was never formally offered to fight Anderson Silva until after his Johny Hendricks fight at which point nothing would have kept him in the sport, but I find it unlikely that GSP would have been able to beat him, and GSP himself said that Silva's fight weight was likely something like 207 - far heavier than his weigh-in weight of 185.  It seemed to me that GSP was never under the impression that he could beat Silva.

Jean Francois Caron came to Thunder Bay last year to win the inaugural "Thunder Bay Classic", where I sponsored the trophies, and a portion of JF's cash reward, and he was turning pretty red after each event.  I am hugely impressed at what JF does, and it makes me sad knowing that he won't be around for a long time if he keeps his body weight well north of 300-lb.

I have befriended so many large bodybuilders that it makes me sad knowing that they - some of them, perhaps even most - will die young, or at least, younger than they otherwise would have.

BOSS:

Maybe this guy can be the new spokesperson

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1265 on: August 25, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »

Dallas and Rich are posing in the big blue sky together, with God, JC, and Moses as the judges
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1266 on: August 25, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »
Rich was everything wrong with bodybuilding. 

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1268 on: August 25, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
Horrible news... SAD...... Not sure who his wife is, but I just looked at her IG.... Kinda sucks if your wife is posting pics of herself the last few weeks with her tits hanging out telling people what her snapchat name is, while the husband is on life support (If he was Im not sure, but you get the point).

Rest easy Rich (Even though you blocked me of IG for whatever reason  :P)
R.I.P
Ex wife.
Most current GF didn't post anything after her post of her and Rich's hands.

Correction: she posted a new pic of her and Rich and a tribute in the comment.

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #1269 on: August 25, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »

BOSS:

With all due respect Matt, you're completely wrong about GSP not being #5.  Especially when he was active.  You're saying all 5 would be heavyweights is absolutely ludicrous seeing as how the HW division is the thinnest division out there.  There's NO one that is special in any way.

GSP had the talent and fame.  Who the hell knows JF aside form a few meatheads.  Who's made more money.  Who's the better athlete.  If you think JF is then you're crazy.  GSP was the greatest welterweight in the WORLD and is still considered the GOAT of that division and you're saying not in the top 5, bahahaha.

Just my 2 cents.  Also GSP will beat Bisping to win the middleweight title.  mark my words.  And I like Bispings (sometimes) LOL.. He's gotten quite lucky a few times as well.  Like his spirit but he's not in the same league as GSP.  Only problem is GSP hasn't fought in 3 years.  But has continued to train.  But we'll see shortly.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1270 on: August 25, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
Looks like Jason Blaha just made a video basically saying Rich was a HUGE steroid distributor and many people in the industry knew it.  In fact he is implying that is where most of his $ came from. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1271 on: August 25, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »
Looks like Jason Blaha just made a video basically saying Rich was a HUGE steroid distributor and many people in the industry knew it.  In fact he is implying that is where most of his $ came from. 

Say it ain't so Joe.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #1272 on: August 25, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »
Ex wife.
Most current GF didn't post anything after her post of her and Rich's hands.

Correct. Now she's finding out she probably won't get anything (will wise) so the fangs are going to come out. The real wife who was out of the picture, shacking up with another steroid stud will more than like get something. If not... she will fight because she is the wife. I don't know what the shock is. Its not negative but dealing with reality. The original statement from TMZ stated that Channel could not revive him. Do you understand what that means? It means he wasn't breathing. Now the EMT's probably took a few minutes to get there but the damage is already done. Its very sad but in reality these guys take their lives into their own hands. They do tons of drugs and beat their bodies up. One thing leads to another, its a slippery slope as we have seen with Rich.

What can we learn and take away from the Rich Piana Tragedy? Let's grow with this and become a better person inside and out.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1273 on: August 25, 2017, 09:36:27 AM »
Most guys here, me included, are critical of the supplement industry. Piana was no exception. He marketed his physique, which was built on everything you can imagine but supplements of course, and targeted a gullible crowd. Sure, you can compare him to Blaha or Genova if you want to. The fact that the whole scene is a freak show doesn't make him a "good guy". It makes him a good guy within a realm that people with average IQs (and above) and just a basic set of values wouldn't want to be involved with even if you threatened them of cutting their genitals out.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Good guy bad guy whatever.

The general feeling here is if you make money or achieve fame you're a low life.

Piana jumped from supplement company and created his own. If some one believes that his supplements built more muscle than mutant then there are bigger issues that need to be addressed in their life.

Jordan, Nike and Under Armor shoes and appeal don't make you a better athlete. According to blind taste tests Starbucks doesn't make a better coffee than Mcdonalds.  Ford and GM have decreased wages for shop employees for years and cars are more expensive than ever.

I've heard people say Clinton was bad and so was Bush and so was Obama and now Trump. I've also listened to people sing their praises. And so on.....

The world we live is screwed up at its core. People are driven by money. It doesn't matter if it's Piana, myself or you. You're not doing your job for free. I'm willing to bet your career isn't devoted to making lives better.

I don't know Piana never dealt with him. I've always thought he was a clown. But I do know other people who feel otherwise and say he was a great guy and went out of his way to help them.

Bottom line if some one says something negative or derogatory about me it's likely true. If they say something nice and complementary about me that's also true. Its all relative. We are complex, good and bad on certain days.  Very few are inherently evil or good. I'm sure Piana was somewhere in between.

If you hate him then so be it. If you say he's a bad guy you're right.

He's dead so he won't be taking advantage of anyone.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1274 on: August 25, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »
What is going to happen with his supplement company? If he's not able to formulate the products anymore-does that mean no more new supps?
I hope his formulas were not secret-what if he intended to take the formulations to the grave with him?
w