Author Topic: Republican lawmakers encourage Trump to specifically call out white nationalists  (Read 1775 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
For some reason The BLOATUS just can't get himself to criticize the Alt-Right White Nationalist

Weird since he has no problem shitting on virtually everyone else on the planet....except of course for Putin

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/12/republican-lawmakers-encourage-trump-to-specifically-call-out-white-nationalists.html
Republican lawmakers encourage Trump to specifically call out white nationalists
Alex Pappas
By Alex Pappas Published August 12, 2017 Fox News

A growing number of Republican lawmakers are urging President Trump to specifically call out the white nationalists involved in the violent protests in Charlottesville on Saturday.

“Mr. President - we must call evil by its name,” Colorado Republican Sen. Cory Gardner tweeted. “These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism.”

Trump didn’t single out the white nationalists when he addressed the unrest on Saturday evening. He blamed “many sides” for the violence.

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides – on many sides,” the president said.

Other Republicans in Congress took issue with Trump's remarks.

“Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists,” tweeted Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

Another Florida Republican, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, tweeted that
"White supremacists, Neo-Nazis and anti-Semites are the antithesis of our American values. There are no other ‘sides’ to hatred and bigotry.”

"We should call evil by its name," tweeted Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch. "My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home."

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott tweeted: "Domestic terror in #Charlottesville must be condemned by every.single.one.of.us . Otherwise hate is simply emboldened."

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides – on many sides"

What more should he say? I guess using the words "in the strongest possible terms" isn't enough?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides – on many sides"

What more should he say? I guess using the words "in the strongest possible terms" isn't enough?

Not surprised you're confused

Try reading the title of this thread and see if you can figure it out

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Were there Dems asking Obama to call out BLM?  Maybe, but I don't remember.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
so white people that unite and stand for each other is considered racist? other races do it in this country. why is it wrong for white people to do it?... lets just take our pants down and grab our ankles...
real men= no rubbers

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
so white people that unite and stand for each other is considered racist? other races do it in this country. why is it wrong for white people to do it?... lets just take our pants down and grab our ankles...

it's wrong because they're white

....liberal "logic"

::) ::) ::) ::)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Little Marco and Hatch calling him out? Haha, Hatch is ticked off because of what Trump said about Mitch.

No idea what else they want Trump to say. He is right again with statement. Both sides are wackos. Unfortunately from what I've read your side came and started the "rioting" while the other group had the right to be there.

Should preface that by saying that the truly racist parts of the March are wackos. Those who came to protest the statue being removed, I have no issue with.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
This is a non story. He just can't win at this point. He already condemned the actions and called them biggots, I'm not sure why he specifically needs to call them "alt-right" anymore than he needs to call the Berkeley militants as "antifa". We get who he's talking about. The fucking jerkoff in the car who drove over those people deserves to be put in front of a firing squad, post haste.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
He begrudgingly condemned the violence while trying to create a false equivalency that the violence is on "many sides"

There is only one side that is racist, anti-semitic and actively seeking and promoting violence

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
He begrudgingly condemned the violence while trying to create a false equivalency that the violence is on "many sides"

There is only one side that is racist, anti-semitic and actively seeking and promoting violence

How do you know, do you have inside sources at the White House? He seemed to come out pretty quick after it happened. Is there a time frame that exists between when something happens and when you should respond?  What if he was taking a dump and couldn't tweet right away?

And to the second portion I highlighted, you're wrong there.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Where were you, obama, lynch, holder and sharpton when BLM, Antifa and Trump riots were going on? Didn't see you/them condemning Berkeley, hell for eight straight years Obama wouldn't even say Radical Islamic Terrorism . The Leftist blatant hypocrisy makes me want to vomit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
How do you know, do you have inside sources at the White House? He seemed to come out pretty quick after it happened. Is there a time frame that exists between when something happens and when you should respond?  What if he was taking a dump and couldn't tweet right away?

And to the second portion I highlighted, you're wrong there.

going by my own judgement of his words and body language (I watched his statement live yesterday)

On your second point I disagree

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

It wouldn't be a big deal if Trump didn't call out Obama for the same things on terrorists despite Obama saying terrorist in speeches.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

It wouldn't be a big deal if Trump didn't call out Obama for the same things on terrorists despite Obama saying terrorist in speeches.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Not even remotely close

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
For some reason The BLOATUS just can't get himself to criticize the Alt-Right White Nationalist

Weird since he has no problem shitting on virtually everyone else on the planet....except of course for Putin

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/12/republican-lawmakers-encourage-trump-to-specifically-call-out-white-nationalists.html

An article by Alex Pappas?

He is a homosexual liberal snowflake that hates anything even remotely Republican or to the right of center.

Let me guess, you couldn't find a Chelsea Handjob twitter post to knock Trump with? How cute, I'm sure Alex Pappas is exactly the type of Pajama Boy you want to grow up to be

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I already made a thread on this and in principle I agree with you.
The original protest about the removal of the Robert E Lee statue got lost on the chaos.

PLus, the racist agenda of the neo-nazis and KKK were an unwelcome distraction.
The media jumps all over that and makes the original protest look like a bunch of crazy racists.

They should have protested with proper discipline.
Stand proud and tall with clear message signs in front of the Robert E Statue.
Have ONE speaker give a clear, concise message about preserving our history.

IGNORE the idiot liberal minded "anti-protestors " and make THEM look like assclowns.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Where were you, obama, lynch, holder and sharpton when BLM, Antifa and Trump riots were going on? Didn't see you/them condemning Berkeley, hell for eight straight years Obama wouldn't even say Radical Islamic Terrorism . The Leftist blatant hypocrisy makes me want to vomit.
Exactly. They were all quiet.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Am I alone in noticing black kids watching clips of the riots, totally absorbed in it?  

First time I saw that occur, it made me stop and think about it.  But then I've seen it happen again, and then again.  Just by chance.

They're watching YT clips or Worldstar or something, being entertained by the "moves" the "White N!gga" or the "Black N!gga" in the video is doing (usually attacking someone or being attacked, by the sound of it).

This can't be good.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
How many died in Chicago this weekend ?