Author Topic: Super League - John Meadows joins the new Super League  (Read 6125 times)

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: John Meadows joins the new Super League
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:17:27 AM »
wow this is awesome and earth shattering news !

its all over espn,  fox news.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 04:29:25 AM »
what record is he going to try to break?

highest blood pressure on stage?

most moles and disgusting skin lesions on stage?

;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:08:21 AM »
Im assuming this is a new bodybuilding federation? When will these fuckers learn it's not wise to go against the IFBB?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 06:12:55 AM »
Im assuming this is a new bodybuilding federation? When will these fuckers learn it's not wise to go against the IFBB?

It's not a bodybuilding fed, but rather a weird mixture of crossfit & powerlifting. I appreciate John as a person, but this saddens me.

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 06:26:15 AM »
It's not a bodybuilding fed, but rather a weird mixture of crossfit & powerlifting. I appreciate John as a person, but this saddens me.

Its not like he's losing anything by doing it and presumably their paying him something, so whats the downside?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »
Its not like he's losing anything by doing it and presumably their paying him something, so whats the downside?

Being a passionate & successful bodybuilding coach, I wasn't expecting this.  Maybe he made a smart business decision, don't know.

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 06:41:17 AM »
Being a passionate & successful bodybuilding coach, I wasn't expecting this.  Maybe he made a smart business decision, don't know.

I gotta admit i don't get the angle with superleague yet, but if they can make it interesting a bit like ninja warrior with an aesthetic side to it then it might have legs.

But with so few avenues for these pro's to make money hopefully this is a new avenue for them. Considering they got Kai and sponsors like Nike, they must have a bit of money behind them.

The key is going to be if they can get a good broadcast partner. Streaming off the internet isnt going to cut it and their launch was a dismal failure in terms of both reach and production quality, but its early days. There are a few smart people involved like Dorian and Stan Efferding so you never know. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 07:09:49 AM »
I gotta admit i don't get the angle with superleague yet, but if they can make it interesting a bit like ninja warrior with an aesthetic side to it then it might have legs.

But with so few avenues for these pro's to make money hopefully this is a new avenue for them. Considering they got Kai and sponsors like Nike, they must have a bit of money behind them.

The key is going to be if they can get a good broadcast partner. Streaming off the internet isnt going to cut it and their launch was a dismal failure in terms of both reach and production quality, but its early days. There are a few smart people involved like Dorian and Stan Efferding so you never know. 

In simple words, it's a contest based on a performance and a proportion metric. Last July they had their first contest in Vegas, which was life streamed from what I've heard.
I saw some footage on Youtube. They perform 8(?) machine exercises for reps and they get 3-d scanned, which was pretty boring to watch.
Yeah, they have some big names on their board, but will it becomes a success ???

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »
If its a performance game, how come there are no young bodybuilders in? The big names are Ct Fletcher (not anymore), Piana (lets wait on this one), Stan Effin, O'tren, Iris kyle, and now granpa meadows?

Who's next? Lee Priest?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 07:30:07 AM »
what record is he going to try to break?

highest blood pressure on stage?

most moles and disgusting skin lesions on stage?

;D

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Simple Simon

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 10:25:36 AM »
damn it, just when he's about to make it big as a pro he goes and does this.....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 11:39:23 AM »
I POSTED THIS ELSEWHERE BUT IT SEEMS APPROPRIATE TO POST IT HERE ALSO .......

Has anyone heard of any rumors of animosity that may have ocurred between Yates and the IFBB?

I don't believe that anything has occured but it is interesting to hear that Super League will be promoting a non-IFBB-sanctioned event the same weekend as the Olympia ...... if such an event is actually happening.

To the best of my knowledge ... Yates has always had a close and friendly association with the IFBB and the people within the IFBB.

AND ... Based on the SL website, it does not appear that a bodybuilding event will be promoted .... but one's body "condition" / "composition" may be a factor in computing the scores of the lifting events.

At first sight the new Super League appears to be a Strength and Stamina event with no official sanctioning body other than the Super League itself.

It appears to have taken Powerlifting one step further and does not appear to be in any conflict with the IFBB other than it is holding an event the same weekend as the O. (If that event date is a fact?).

Can someone refer me to the site concerning the SL event that will be held the same weekend  as the "O"?

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
I POSTED THIS ELSEWHERE BUT IT SEEMS APPROPRIATE TO POST IT HERE ALSO .......

Has anyone heard of any rumors of animosity that may have ocurred between Yates and the IFBB?

I don't believe that anything has occured but it is interesting to hear that Super League will be promoting a non-IFBB-sanctioned event the same weekend as the Olympia ...... if such an event is actually happening.

To the best of my knowledge ... Yates has always had a close and friendly association with the IFBB and the people within the IFBB.

AND ... Based on the SL website, it does not appear that a bodybuilding event will be promoted .... but one's body "condition" / "composition" may be a factor in computing the scores of the lifting events.

At first sight the new Super League appears to be a Strength and Stamina event with no official sanctioning body other than the Super League itself.

It appears to have taken Powerlifting one step further and does not appear to be in any conflict with the IFBB other than it is holding an event the same weekend as the O. (If that event date is a fact?).

Can someone refer me to the site concerning the SL event that will be held the same weekend  as the "O"?

Yates didn't get invited to a reunion of all the other Olympia winners at an Olympia one year (may have been the 50th anniversary year) because of comments he made in a Youtube vid.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »
Yates didn't get invited to a reunion of all the other Olympia winners at an Olympia one year (may have been the 50th anniversary year) because of comments he made in a Youtube vid.
about "the holocaust"?

makes sense I guess since the Wierders are jewish. Still lame.

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
about "the holocaust"?

makes sense I guess since the Wierders are jewish and spent their lives sucking bodybuilders cocks and rewarding them for it. Still lame.

fixed

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »
when will DC/Marvel quit with all this PC diversity crap.
a

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »
Meadows is a huge money grubber! Do you think there isn't dough on the line?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »
No one forced him to join
No gun was held to his head
He's digging his grave with this

This league is a train wreck idea
Absolutely worthless

His career is now finished
May he be thrown to the wolves
Fuck him let him rot in hell
w

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 04:17:12 PM »
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Super League - John Meadows joins the new Super League
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »
Those big names are not competitors they are all coaches, Ohearn, Efferding, Xman Freeman. The league is about lifting, somewhat a combo of bodybuilding and powerlifting. So fat powerlifters have no chance, it's about guys that are in great shape who can lift impressive weight. If his lifts were real, Brad Castleberry would absolutely dominate this league.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
Is Savikas in too?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »
No one forced him to join
No gun was held to his head
He's digging his grave with this

This league is a train wreck idea
Absolutely worthless

His career is now finished
May he be thrown to the wolves
Fuck him let him rot in hell

He even made it to a member's profile quote :o

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
 ;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 08:33:11 PM »
I think it will be of interest those who want to compete in an event such as this, but I doubt that there will much spectator interest.

I think most GetBiggers would rather watch Marty paint a black wall white....  rather than watching anything similar to a powerlifting event at which you will only be interested if your son, daughter, or grandmother is lifting.

It's a remote possibility that the Super League wants to demonstrate what a bodybuilder has to endure in order to be a bodybuilder and is attempting to avoid some of the 'mistakes' that usually occur within today's major bodybuilding contests ... such as ... no background info on the contenders ....no description of what they have to endure to be a contestant on that stage, etc., etc.

I wish them much success though as it gives a large number of heavy lifters another opportunity to win some $$$$.

Get that paint can ready, Marty!