Author Topic: For the heavier guys here with back issues  (Read 3649 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
For the heavier guys here with back issues
« on: August 16, 2017, 12:00:26 PM »
What's the best mattress? I have a kingsdown and a tempurpedic that I bought, and neither are doing my back any good. Any of you guys with lower back issues find a mattress that lets you have a great night sleep?

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: For the heavier guys here with back issues
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 12:08:32 PM »
Tempur.

P.S: the site has been so flooded with racist shit that I first read "black issues".

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
I have had 5 major back surgeries and over 40 injections. They will not even touch it any more. They consider me a casualty case. I just bought my 2nd Serta iComfort mattress with adjustable base. I lost the first one in the divorce. I got the new Blue Max 5000 Elite. They are not cheap but damn, what a sweet mattress. I highly recommend it. At least check it out . I was averaging 2-4 hours of sleep in many segments prior. Now I average 5-8 non stop deep sleep. Good luck!

https://www.serta.com/mattresses/icomfort/foam/blue-max-5000-elite-luxury-firm

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »
What's the best mattress? I have a kingsdown and a tempurpedic that I bought, and neither are doing my back any good. Any of you guys with lower back issues find a mattress that lets you have a great night sleep?

I bought a Simmons beauty rest black 2 years ago for 3500 for a king size,best investment ever.Sleep great.and my back sucks.you can get them from 2000 I believe

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 12:39:03 PM »
I have had 5 major back surgeries and over 40 injections.

did you screw your back up doing anything particular in the gym?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 01:17:03 PM »

stop being heavy
Y

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 01:24:32 PM »

have you tried a salad and a brisk 2-5 mile morning walk?

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 03:34:17 PM »
did you screw your back up doing anything particular in the gym?

I have 2 degenerative disk diseases and over 3/4ths of my spine is deteriorated. I have 2 fusions and 3 other surgeries. I am 58 and I was diagnosed with the first degenerative disease at 24 yrs old. I finally decided to suck it up and start lifting in my mid 30's. I was already genetically bigger than most muscularly and responded to lifting very well. So I got hooked. I had my first fusion at 40 and my second at 46. I lifted heavy before my fusions and after healing from them. But after the 2nd fusions the pain was unbearable and went through 3 more surgeries and over 40 injections to try and get relief. The injections did not help and the pain keeps worsening through the years. I want to lift so bad but each time I do I end up laid up for several days. Of course years of heavy lifting and not using common sense made matters worse. But I am never going to lose hope. Thanks for asking.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »
U should get a chiropractic water pillow
Best sleep ever with it
Neck feels great next am
w

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »
I bought a Simmons beauty rest black 2 years ago for 3500 for a king size,best investment ever.Sleep great.and my back sucks.you can get them from 2000 I believe

I don't care what it cost as long as it was comfortable. I have a custom bed with drawers on it and it doesn't have a box spring so I am not sure if that has much to do with it. I sleep on the other one occasionally and it's not too much better. Both mattresses were over $2,500 so I'd hate to throw the money away. Do any have a money back or return policy, other than that crap Mike and Mike used to sell on their radio show?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 05:43:28 PM »
put ur feet high on a wall butt on ground now lift your ass off the ground using heels pushing off wall

i would know im 370
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »
its not about sleeping a certain way , if ur back is out u need the above exercise do it every day ur back will be zero pain by day 4 or five
A

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:51 PM »
No to go off topic here but perhaps helpful.
OP---look into buying an inversion table.
They WORK!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »
put ur feet high on a wall butt on ground now lift your ass off the ground using heels pushing off wall

i would know im 370
i have made this post 20 times here im flabbergasted why its ignored , i am the master of ways like a sign in the sky unnoticed
A

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 05:50:07 PM »
i have made this post 20 times here im flabbergasted why its ignored , i am the master of ways like a sign in the sky unnoticed

370 is a lot of weight marty, even at your height. you dont want to end up like onlyme.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 05:52:04 PM »
370 is a lot of weight marty, even at your height. you dont want to end up like onlyme.
im actually in good shape
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 05:52:48 PM »

i would know im 370

How many sets/reps?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 05:54:35 PM »
Sleep on the floor, I never had any huge back issues, but when I was younger had  lower back  soreness due to heavy bent over rows, anyway one night went out got wasted, and when I got home passed out on the ground, when I woke up I felt like a million bucks, no back issues at all. From that day on I sleep on the ground unless, I have a girl over, but even the matress I  bought is very thin and hard  Also, buy a reverse hyper machine made by Lou Simmons of Westside barbell or find a chiropractor that has machine at their practice.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 05:58:52 PM »
im actually in good shape

yeah but 370 is a lot no matter what

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 06:05:34 PM »
How many sets/reps?
as many as u feel like  do 5to8 sets15 to 25reps.

on the flooor with ur feet on the wall or a kitchen counter top your body will be in a L shape, wear shoes. at the max contraction youl be like this at an angle \.      THATS UR FEET HIGH TO THE LEFT

L     \
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 06:07:42 PM »
as many as u feel like  do 5to8 sets15 to 25reps.

on the flooor with ur feet on the wall or a kitchen counter top your body will be in a L shape, wear shoes. at the max contraction youl be like this at an angle \.      THATS UR FEET HIGH TO THE LEFT

L     \

Thanks hoss

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 06:17:11 PM »
Thanks hoss
it works do them medium speed it fixes the chain of muscle atachments starting at hams to lower back....

i wouldnt waste my time posting this over 20 times here if it was useless

i tried the reverse hyper but i found it massively uncomfortable
A

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 07:07:17 PM »

I have no back issues...and I have only slept as an adult on a Japanese futon...The only downside is having to have a bed for sex only.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 07:14:03 PM »
Thought I was bullet proof until I got into my 50's and both shoulders started to give me aggravation. I still think my back is bullet proof. Maybe that will be different in my 60's at some point. I always thought the combo of power cleans, deadlifts, weighted back extensions, and semi stiff deadlifts off a block contributed to my healthy lower back.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 11:19:25 PM »
I'll second the floor/futon option. Over the years my mattress has been getting thinner and thinner, and when I nap during the day it's directly on the floor. Having to sleep in hotels I often find their beds much too soft, so I sleep on the floor in hotels too, just on a duvet spread out.

Only thing I need is a thin but stiff pillow, or a makeshift neck roll from a large towel.

FYI: it did hurt my shoulders and hips initially, by stretching them out to what should be their natural position. Start slow, even 30 min. before sleeping in a real bed worked for me. Then just build from there