Author Topic: Exodus To Mexico: Re-Post Of John Romano's Best Writing Ever.  (Read 7426 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Exodus To Mexico: Re-Post Of John Romano's Best Writing Ever.
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 02:25:53 PM »
  another thing, on Google it says the Gold's Gym in Puerto Vallarta has been permanently closed...

Oh so he's living in Puerto Vallarta, thanks for clearing up the mystery!

Probably converted the gym into a mansion

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
After visiting PV many times, I do feel there is some truth here.  You need money when you get pulled over, not car insurance.  You'll be buying bottled water more frequently.  It's hot AF most of the year.  The public bus system is quite handy as its frequent and inexpensive, yet the congestion of the city and frequent bus stops takes getting a few miles an hour or more.  If you choose to own a vehicle, the awful condition of the driving surface will tear up your tires, ball-joints, shocks, etc at a rapid rate.  Every damn car driving around squeeks to no end.  A family of 4 riding on a scooter is a common sight. No helmet law, no seat belt enforcement, a pick up with 9 people in back riding on 4 bald mismatched tires is normal life.   Buying car parts is not as easy, as there is no O'Reily's every block.  Same goes with hardware stores.  Wal-Mart prices seem higher than the US, which is shocking, seeing as most Mexico citizens are poor and can not afford much, as they make extremely little wages compared to good 'ol USA.  John was right about buying anything you want from a pharmacy, just walk in, pick out your drug, pay a few pesos and off you go.  Beautiful city and country in general, but sadly, it seems the locals treat their city as trash can.  Trash everywhere.  When asked why I don't see public trash cans or garbage men, I was told, "because they'll steal the drum to sell for scrap metal."   The food is good and street vendor style taco huts are abundant and cheap. Many homes are concrete structures with no AC, stacked on top of another.  They love their Coca-Cola.  Lots of poverty but overall a very friendly populous.   I continue to return because I volunteer at a home for abandoned/abused/mistreated boys and girls, whom I love.  

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »
so i take it the drugs sold in pharmacys are fake

just like in thailand