Author Topic: Pelosi challenges Park Service on permit for 'white supremacist' rally in SF  (Read 981 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Amazing how liberals lie with impunity.  How the heck was this woman Speaker of the House?   

Pelosi challenges Park Service on permit for 'white supremacist' rally in San Francisco
Published August 15, 2017
Fox News

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi is asking the National Park Service to reconsider a permit for what she called a “white supremacist rally” set for late August in San Francisco, in the wake of last weekend’s clashes in Charlottesville, Va.

“The NPS should reevaluate its decision and its capacity to protect the public during such a toxic rally,” Pelosi said in a statement.

A report in the San Francisco Examiner said the rally by the pro-Trump group Patriot Prayer is slated for Aug. 26 at San Francisco’s Crissy Field. The leader of that group has held other rallies and recently spoken out against white supremacy views, though critics like Pelosi have linked the group to white nationalists.

Pelosi, well before Tuesday’s statement, has been harshly critical of the Trump administration’s response to Charlottesville, where a protester demonstrating against a white supremacist rally was killed in a car attack. President Trump took heat for initially faulting violence on “many sides” though he specifically condemned white supremacists and neo-Nazis on Monday.

Pelosi, in her statement, questioned whether the permit decision for the rally in San Francisco was made with input from the White House – without offering any proof to back up the suggestion.

Fox News has reached out to the NPS for comment.

The Golden Gate National Recreation Area, which oversees the parkland, reportedly said Patriot Prayer has obtained permits.

The San Francisco Examiner report said counter-protests are being organized, as officials voiced concerns U.S. Park Police might not have enough staff to handle clashes at Crissy Field.

“San Francisco takes great pride in being a city of peace which cherishes free speech and the right to public dissent,” Pelosi said. “However, the National Park Service’s decision to permit a white supremacist rally at Crissy Field raises grave and ongoing concerns about public safety.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/15/pelosi-challenges-park-service-on-permit-for-white-supremacist-rally-in-san-francisco.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Straw votes for her every two years. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Tucker Carson had the head guy on his show and he is brown and stated 6 of the 7 speakers are minorities.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Yay!!!! see how easy it is to label everything "white supremacist" now...
a

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Let. Them. Speak. 

If they use speech which reasonably can be inferred to incite violence AND which demonstrably does so, then fine or otherwise punish them on that basis. 

You do not take away the right to free assembly from someone who has committed no crime, whether real or imagined, solely on the basis of what you think they might say at their assembly. 

In other words, fuck that bitch. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Tucker Carson had the head guy on his show and he is brown and stated 6 of the 7 speakers are minorities.

Yep.  I watched that segment. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Yep.  I watched that segment. 
He has one of the best shows.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
He has one of the best shows.

Yep.  Agree.  I wasn't sure he was going to be able to fill Megyn Kelly's shoes, but he has. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I'm not sure how is literally the dumbest person in Congress:  Pelosi or Maxine Waters. 

Pelosi: Democrats have 'won every fight' against Republicans
By Cameron Cawthorne
Published August 25, 2017
Washington Free Beacon

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) said Wednesday that Democrats have "won every fight" against Republicans, leaving out that Democrats have lost four special House elections to Republicans this year.

"The Republican Party is in such disarray right now, crisis after crisis; nonetheless the Democratic Party does not not seem to have been able to capitalize on the problems facing your other party," KRON reporter Pam Moore said during the exclusive interview.

Pelosi was taken aback by Moore's suggestion that Democrats have not "capitalized" and asked her what she meant before responding to her question.

"We have beaten them in appropriations," Pelosi said. "We've won every fight. The president's numbers are in the high 30s, which is for a new president remarkable to be so low. He is making his own case. The American people see for themselves that he does not share their values and that he does not—some who may have voted for him are now rethinking and others are just digging in their heels."

Pelosi went on to discuss the efforts of Democrats trying to take back Congress in the 2018 midterm elections by touting their new economic message that was rolled out in late July.

Click for more from The Washington Free Beacon.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/25/pelosi-democrats-have-won-every-fight-against-republicans.html