Author Topic: Another Check On A Jaguar Purchase.....Round 2  (Read 89354 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: I owned a Jaguar for 48 hours....MAJOR UPDATE!!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2017, 05:25:10 AM »
Also a textbook case of a schmuck buying a pile of shit car and thinking it's something impressive

Boy are you a joy as of late.   ::)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2017, 07:14:27 AM »
I find it hard to believe people are looking at a $900 car thinking wow, what a lucky Hebrew.

Have you ever been told by a qualified professional that you have Aspergers/Autism or any form of mild learning disabilities?

Nah, he doesn't understand that when people see movement in their peripheral vision, they look at the source.

So he doesn't get that when turns his head and looks at someone, they see that movement and look at him - thus seeing the "look".

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Got Another Car Getbiggers
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2017, 07:46:15 AM »
There was a reason why it was so cheap. It was flood damaged. And yet, nothing on the carfax or the title?

It wasn't cheap...believe me.  It was on the lower side of market value....and no, there wasn't anything on CarFax...could have switched VIN..but that's why I tell people that it's full of shit
A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2017, 07:52:50 AM »
Also a textbook case of a schmuck buying a pile of shit car and thinking it's something impressive

Limousine liberal attacks black, gay business owner for pulling himself up by the bootstraps and being proud of it. Disgusting.

I was genuinely happy for VVV. Cars are such a depreciating thing, nothing wrong with finding a good deal on something you like to drive. Must be a conservative concept...I'll never buy new again.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2017, 08:20:35 AM »
Congratulations on your life achievement Vince.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2017, 08:24:21 AM »

Limousine liberal attacks black, gay business owner for pulling himself up by the bootstraps and being proud of it. Disgusting.

I was genuinely happy for VVV. Cars are such a depreciating thing, nothing wrong with finding a good deal on something you like to drive. Must be a conservative concept...I'll never buy new again.

Straw doesnt even workout or ride in a limo.  He is in a severe depression over Trump. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2017, 09:11:28 AM »

How so???  I checked the car through Carfax, test drove the vehicle, checked the electronics, engine, transmission, tires, and even with all the checks I made I took it to Fisher's to be inspected......in fact, if it wasn't for all the steps I took, I would have been stuck with a flooded car.  I paid using my Etrade Visa and I've filed a dispute against the transaction.

Ultimately, there wasn't much more I could have done and I certainly didn't expect the results as only a nutcase would attempt to sell a flooded car in South Carolina without disclosing it....its illegal

A few things

1. Don't buy a 16 year old used car, especially one that would have required a ton on maintenance even when brand new
2. Don't buy a Jag, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc.. unless you have money to burn and you're a "car guy".   The basic maintenance (tires, brakes, etc..) will cost you a bundle.
3. Pick a something that is super reliable like Lexus (my preference) or if you need to go down a bit Honda or Toyota
4. Don't buy new (not that you would) - look for low mileage on 3 year lease returns. Now is a good time and next year will probably be even better - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-23/soaring-lease-returns-set-wreak-havoc-auto-industry
5. Don't finance the car with a credit card (WTF) unless that card is < 1% all the time. The other problem with a credit card is that its not an amortized payment so unless you're disciplined about paying down principal (I don't get the impression that you are) you'll wind up finding excuses each month to only pay the minimum payment.  Better to pay cash or compare financing with dealership vs. credit unions.  The best car is one that is highly reliable and paid off.
 6. Don't brag about it or post it to the internet.  Nobody cares.  It's just a car.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2017, 09:17:43 AM »
A few things

1. Don't buy a 16 year old used car, especially one that would have required a ton on maintenance even when brand new
2. Don't buy a Jag, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc.. unless you have money to burn and you're a "car guy".   The basic maintenance (tires, brakes, etc..) will cost you a bundle.
3. Pick a something that is super reliable like Lexus (my preference) or if you need to go down a bit Honda or Toyota
4. Don't buy new (not that you would) - look for low mileage on 3 year lease returns. Now is a good time and next year will probably be even better - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-23/soaring-lease-returns-set-wreak-havoc-auto-industry
5. Don't finance the car with a credit card (WTF) unless that card is < 1% all the time. The other problem with a credit card is that its not an amortized payment so unless you're disciplined about paying down principal (I don't get the impression that you are) you'll wind up finding excuses each month to only pay the minimum payment.  Better to pay cash or compare financing with dealership vs. credit unions.  The best car is one that is highly reliable and paid off.
 6. Don't brag about it or post it to the internet.  Nobody cares.  It's just a car.

My Etrade card is  where I keep my profits from my business ventures you idiot....financing is 0%.  Also, this was to be a pleasure car, not a daily driver so it would have gotten maybe 1500 miles in a years time.    In addition, I'll buy whatever I feel like because this is America.....if I want to drive a Jaguar, I'll drive it....if I want to drive your momma, I'll drive her too and leave some change on the nightstand and coupon for Denny's.  

Not sure what crawled up your ass lately.  
A

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
Okay, I'll ask. What did you get Vince?

Most likely a felony charge, GTA.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »

My Etrade card is  where I keep my profits from my business ventures you idiot....financing is 0%.  Also, this was to be a pleasure car, not a daily driver so it would have gotten maybe 1500 miles in a years time.    In addition, I'll buy whatever I feel like because this is America.....if I want to drive a Jaguar, I'll drive it....if I want to drive your momma, I'll drive her too and leave some change on the nightstand and coupon for Denny's.  

Not sure what crawled up your ass lately.  

great, like I said if it's less than 1% that's fine.  Now you just have to be disciplined enough to pay down the principal.

you still bought a car that was a piece of shit when it was brand new

you're free to drive any car that you want but you don't impress me as a person with the disposable income to throw away and that's what you'll be doing if you buy a 15 year old Jag

Are you still renting or did you buy a place?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2017, 09:27:05 AM »
I've got an Edmund Fitzgerald and a Titanic in near factory mint condition if you're into boats, V.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »
Vince, you said you were going to use the Jaguar to drive to business meetings.

What car do you currently drive to business meetings?
X

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2017, 09:45:08 AM »
man i like that damn song.  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2017, 12:14:02 PM »
Vince, you said you were going to use the Jaguar to drive to business meetings.

What car do you currently drive to business meetings?

Dude is living in La La Land...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2017, 12:37:53 PM »
It wasn't cheap...believe me.  It was on the lower side of market value....and no, there wasn't anything on CarFax...could have switched VIN..but that's why I tell people that it's full of shit
If it was 900 dollars, it's cheap. A Jaguar is luxury vehicle, so that should have been a clue. $900 dollar 2001 Jaguar is "walk away, very quickly", because it will have some problems. You would have spent far, far more in getting that Jag up to Inspection, even if the car was not flood damaged. Another is that apparently someone rebadged the car to 4.0, indicating it's a V8, when you said it's a 3.0 V6. Another clue. You should have had someone look at the car with you. If you wanted a Jag, there are plenty of CPO XF (replacement for the S Type) models. And you can also get the XK coupe for less, because it has been discontinued.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »
Vince is happy - he got a Jag.   

Why are people nit picking - good for him.   Hope he enjoys it. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2017, 12:50:25 PM »
Vince is happy - he got a Jag.   

Why are people nit picking - good for him.   Hope he enjoys it. 

He doesn't have it. It was flood damaged and not road worthy. Try and keep up, speed limit ain't 55.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »
He doesn't have it. It was flood damaged and not road worthy. Try and keep up, speed limit ain't 55.

He got a salvage title vehicle?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »
He got a salvage title vehicle?

Clean title...no salvage.  That's just it...the car had that and clean carfax...think the VIN was switched or something
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
Clean title...no salvage.  That's just it...the car had that and clean carfax...think the VIN was switched or something
A person went out of their way to rebadge the vehicle should have been a clue that something was afoot.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2017, 01:42:49 PM »
Are you implying that the dealer took advantage of a naive, simple person?

Hey Vince, how is gym business going on  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2017, 01:45:40 PM »

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2017, 01:45:52 PM »

????? 

3.0 V6 (executive).  Accidently put the R next to it.

Why does it say 4.0 on the trunk?   ???

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2017, 02:10:16 PM »

Now that you can afford more than one vehicle don't you think you should be careful not to defame anyone?

You really are a despicable low life.

Hey mr.canada are you fit to drive ???

Regarding to: Roads & Maritime NSW, when you reach 75 years of age you'll need to have a medical review every year to keep your DL .... ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »
great, like I said if it's less than 1% that's fine.  Now you just have to be disciplined enough to pay down the principal.

you still bought a car that was a piece of shit when it was brand new

you're free to drive any car that you want but you don't impress me as a person with the disposable income to throw away and that's what you'll be doing if you buy a 15 year old Jag

Are you still renting or did you buy a place?

You are stupid as fuck....there is no principal.  It's my Etrade bank account...its my fucking money I earned and what use to invest in stocks with. 

And yes it was a 16 year old Jag but it was the car I always wanted...didnt buy it practicality or as a day driver...just something I wanted.  I work hard for my money and I have every right to enjoy the fruits of my labor. 
A