Author Topic: Another Check On A Jaguar Purchase.....Round 2  (Read 88608 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: I owned a Jaguar for 48 hours....MAJOR UPDATE!!!!
« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2017, 01:43:48 AM »
LOL.  What amuses me is how you covet one of these fancy cars and not a Porsche or BMW or Mercedes. Besides, you have no idea how much it costs to service those foreign luxury cars.

No harm in dreaming. Every second weekend go test drive others and that will be like owning them! Take some selfies for Getbig.

How much does it cost to repair one of your patented supinators? Are the young lads extra? Asking for a friend ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2017, 02:34:45 AM »
How much does it cost to repair one of your patented supinators? Are the young lads extra? Asking for a friend ;D

You have no idea what it's like to own her drive a Mercedes. It's the safest car on the road. They're built like a fucking tank. Roll bar included. Designed to withstand a crash on the German Autobahn at 120 miles per hour plus. You want AMG performance you can even pick up an affordable E-Class E43 instead of an E63, S63 or even just a plain S550. Although if you pick up an E-Class and you pull up next to an S550 at a light even if you got to East 63 you're going to look over at that S-class and think damn I wish I had an S-Class whereas the dude in the S550 even if it's a plane S550 pre-owned he's never going to look at the E-class even if it's East 63 and wish he had that car.

... And when it comes to luxury performance automobiles nothing compares to a Porsche. Their exhausts don't sound all that great can't compare it to a Ferrari Lamborghini (or even a Audi r10 which is like an Lamborghini Huraca)only fuck you sit in the Porsche everything is in the right place and put your arms and hands and legs and torso all in the correct positions at the correct distances. And even a novice driver would have a difficult time losing control of an all-wheel drive Porsche.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2017, 02:39:48 AM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2017, 03:21:31 AM »
You have no idea what it's like to own her drive a Mercedes. It's the safest car on the road. They're built like a fucking tank. Roll bar included. Designed to withstand a crash on the German Autobahn at 120 miles per hour plus. You want AMG performance you can even pick up an affordable E-Class E43 instead of an E63, S63 or even just a plain S550. Although if you pick up an E-Class and you pull up next to an S550 at a light even if you got to East 63 you're going to look over at that S-class and think damn I wish I had an S-Class whereas the dude in the S550 even if it's a plane S550 pre-owned he's never going to look at the E-class even if it's East 63 and wish he had that car.

... And when it comes to luxury performance automobiles nothing compares to a Porsche. Their exhausts don't sound all that great can't compare it to a Ferrari Lamborghini (or even a Audi r10 which is like an Lamborghini Huraca)only fuck you sit in the Porsche everything is in the right place and put your arms and hands and legs and torso all in the correct positions at the correct distances. And even a novice driver would have a difficult time losing control of an all-wheel drive Porsche.

what do you currently drive?

you sound like an Autistic 12 years old who's memorised a set of Top Trump cards.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2017, 07:37:33 AM »
BMWs were plagued with breakdown issues of their own in the same time period you referred to for Jaguar. Granted, they're a top-of-the-line brand today, but still laden with gimicky features no one wants. For instance some of them now have this pointless option to accept or end calls just by waving your hand at the touchscreen monitor. Like that isn't going to cause endless sensor replacements when they wear out after 8 months? lol
every time you see them in dealerships, it's all warranty work.

Mercedes isn't in the same league as any others incl. Jag so we won't debate that. Their parts are stupid expense to this day, regardless.
JD Power Dependability study
http://www.jdpower.com/cars/awards/vehicle-dependability-study

burnout666

« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »

What about Bugatti? Chiron has to be the sickest performance car on the road.

burnout666

« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2017, 09:15:08 AM »
JD Power Dependability study
http://www.jdpower.com/cars/awards/vehicle-dependability-study

Acura at the top of the list?

I'll pass. Wouldn't drive an Audi either because all the upper-middle-class turds drive one and think they're Rolls Royces.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »

Typical dindu who became rich in no time and will lose it all in less than a year...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2017, 09:57:11 AM »
That all men are by nature equally free and independent and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.
A

burnout666

« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2017, 09:58:08 AM »
That all men are by nature equally free and independent and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.

(Except for non-whites and women)

Signed,

The founding fathers

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2017, 10:41:32 AM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »

What is "freedom"?

We all live under rules and constraints.

Simple Simon

« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2017, 11:15:03 AM »
What is "freedom"?

the only freedoms you have are the ones other people allow you to have.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »
What is "freedom"?

There's no such thing as unbridled freedom...even living off grid.  There's always going to be rules and regulations in life.  But if I want to own and drive around in a 17 year old Jaguar, then that's my business.  I work very hard at my job in addition to running my business and I've been investing and putting away money for retirement for many years and I've made wish and solid purchases.....but sometimes in life, you have to make unconventional purchases as well simply for personal enjoyment.  I like the S-Type models that came out when Ford owned the company.  I've always enjoyed driving them...they handle well on the road and they are never out of style in any environment.

So, eventually I'll find another one I like and purchase it....simply because I like the car no different than people who buy Corvettes or Trans-Am's.    
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

There's no such thing as unbridled freedom...even living off grid.  There's always going to be rules and regulations in life.  But if I want to own and drive around in a 17 year old Jaguar, then that's my business.  I work very hard at my job in addition to running my business and I've been investing and putting away money for retirement for many years and I've made wish and solid purchases.....but sometimes in life, you have to make unconventional purchases as well simply for personal enjoyment.  I like the S-Type models that came out when Ford owned the company.  I've always enjoyed driving them...they handle well on the road and they are never out of style in any environment.

So, eventually I'll find another one I like and purchase it....simply because I like the car no different than people who buy Corvettes or Trans-Am's.    
its not about the car anymore...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »

Vince, do you still have plans to live off the grid?
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
its not about the car anymore...

then what? Goodrum's answer was rather extensive and eloborate, and it is not clear to me what your opinion is?

Simple Simon

« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »
then what? Goodrum's answer was rather extensive and eloborate, and it is not clear to me what your opinion is?

I wasn't giving an opinion I was stating that it wasn't about a car, the thread was now about perceived freedoms.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2017, 02:10:07 PM »

;D
 ;D   ;D 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »

Guess who already lives off the grid (65km from Manly beach)  ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: I owned Basile for years....
« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »
Fixed the thread title

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Re: I owned a Basile for years....
« Reply #297 on: September 09, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
Fixed the thread title

;D     ;D
        ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2017, 03:13:25 PM »

Its not practical and actually cost more to go completely off with a lot less amenities.  I'll like just purchase a small cabin or singlewide and have solar panels alongside regular power
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »

Its not practical and actually cost more to go completely off with a lot less amenities.  I'll like just purchase a small cabin or singlewide and have solar panels alongside regular power

Ever watch this show?   If you haven't, do. I helps a person to think outside the box.