Author Topic: Another Check On A Jaguar Purchase.....Round 2  (Read 89359 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: I owned a Jaguar for 48 hours....MAJOR UPDATE!!!!
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »

Hahaha! Is Goodrum making a surprise comeback at the Olympia to overshadow Flex Wheeler? What could Basile be thinking there?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »

There's no such thing as unbridled freedom...even living off grid.  There's always going to be rules and regulations in life.  But if I want to own and drive around in a 17 year old Jaguar, then that's my business.  I work very hard at my job in addition to running my business and I've been investing and putting away money for retirement for many years and I've made wish and solid purchases.....but sometimes in life, you have to make unconventional purchases as well simply for personal enjoyment.  I like the S-Type models that came out when Ford owned the company.  I've always enjoyed driving them...they handle well on the road and they are never out of style in any environment.

So, eventually I'll find another one I like and purchase it....simply because I like the car no different than people who buy Corvettes or Trans-Am's.    
S-Types are seemingly in short supply in North Carolina. But, it's the maintenance that will be the killer. Especially on a 14-17 year old Jaguar, which are not known for their reliability. It's probably best to make a thread when actually you get it, have it in your possession, and are making payments on it.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »
S-Types are seemingly in short supply in North Carolina. But, it's the maintenance that will be the killer. Especially on a 14-17 year old Jaguar, which are not known for their reliability. It's probably best to make a thread when actually you get it, have it in your possession, and are making payments on it.

Parker-San I'm looking at trading my Audi RS4 wagon in for one of these in this color/wheel combo, your thoughts?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »
Parker-San I'm looking at trading my Audi RS4 wagon in for one of these in this color/wheel combo, your thoughts?

Nice, higher up. Smaller size than the Q5=maneuverability.  You had a good car, in a class of 2. There is no M3 wagon.

I guess this competes with the BMW X1/X2 and the Mercedes GLA/ GLA43 AMG

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #304 on: September 09, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »
Nice, higher up. Smaller size than the Q5=maneuverability.  You had a good car, in a class of 2. There is no M3 wagon.

I want something no so low now. Yeah I looked at the SQ5, but that's noticeably bulkier and uglier IMO, plus I like the 5 cylinder turbo noise, paying homage to the old Group B rally weapons of a bygone era.
I'm going to look at a GLA43 also. Would love a Porsche Macan, but can't justify the price premium.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »
Cos, for pure practicality I'd probably buy a subaru forrester. (No homo.)

I watched my estate agent glide up a rough, steep, muddy clay driveway in his while I had to take a second run and hit it at speed in my 4wd isuzu truck with double back tires.  Thankfully no ladies were present that fateful day to witness my short dickedness.

Or maybe not since he just had trouble with his catalytic converter (but the diesel kind), which was expensive.  Apparently it's an industry wide problem tho.  Computers and emissions sensors, etc.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »

I won't have to worry much about maintenance.  I will only drive it during the weekend as I still have my Ford Taurus and my Jeep Cherokee although the Jeep is for business purposes. 
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »
Fluids should still be changed on a regular basis.  Short trips actually require more frequent engine oil changes than long trips.  Common issues with infrequently driven vehicles include shortened battery life and flat spotted tires.

Maintenance is srs business.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »

Last year I bought what I suspect is a similarly sized vehicle.  Mine is a Mazda CX3 AWD Grand Touring model with all the bells and whistles. It is mostly just for me (and my Rat Terrier) since my wife passed away in 2015. Volvo is a more prestigious and expensive car. The Mazda was priced at just under $30,000. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with my car. The fit is perfect. Occasionally, I miss having the bigger cargo space I had in my 2004 Mazda 6 sports wagon.

If you don't need a full sized SUV, these new compact ones are great. They are sporty, fun to drive and, depending on which one you choose, pretty luxurious. I'd say go for it!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2017, 08:03:00 PM »

If I'd had deeper pockets, I'd have gone for the Mercedes, because I've always wanted to own a Mercedes.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2017, 08:39:35 PM »
If I'd had deeper pockets, I'd have gone for the Mercedes, because I've always wanted to own a Mercedes.

I've found near mind late 2000s model Mercedes for under 20g using Searchtempest and such.

Go4it.  It just takes a bit of patience.
Y

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #311 on: September 09, 2017, 09:07:29 PM »
I cant wait for Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HHP, CEO, to get his new jaguar.

I can picture it now: Vince picks me up and I ride shot gun. We go cruising around the Carolina's blasting some old school rap and hip hop. Stop off at a Sonic and get a burger and fries and a shake. Then, Vince and I have a killer arm workout. Afterward, we hit up the clubs and Vince buys mad bottles of Cristal.
X

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2017, 06:32:00 AM »

I can picture it now: Vince picks me up and I ride shot gun. We go cruising around the Carolina's blasting some old school rap and hip hop. Stop off at a Sonic and get a burger and fries and a shake. Then, Vince and I have a killer arm workout. Afterward, we hit up the clubs and Vince buys mad bottles of Cristal.

Why Sonic?  I ate a Sonic for the first time a few weeks ago.  It wasn't that great.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2017, 06:40:06 AM »

Vissy, is that you?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: September 10, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »
Why Sonic?  I ate a Sonic for the first time a few weeks ago.  It wasn't that great.
Did it give you the SHEETZ?

burnout666

« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »
I won't have to worry much about maintenance.  I will only drive it during the weekend as I still have my Ford Taurus and my Jeep Cherokee although the Jeep is for business purposes. 

lol, yes you will. Jags were problematic even back then especially when kept in the garage all winter.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #316 on: September 10, 2017, 08:38:59 AM »
Hahaha! Is Goodrum making a surprise comeback at the Olympia to overshadow Flex Wheeler? What could Basile be thinking there?

PLEASE stop thinking about that. I am sure the answer is rather disturbing!  :D

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #317 on: September 10, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
Did it give you the SHEETZ?

Nope.  Just a mediocre cheeseburger, but the service was attractive.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2017, 10:09:47 AM »
the best jaguar is no longer in producton

Jaguar XKR - sigh

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #319 on: September 10, 2017, 05:49:36 PM »
You have no idea what it's like to own her drive a Mercedes. It's the safest car on the road. They're built like a fucking tank. Roll bar included. Designed to withstand a crash on the German Autobahn at 120 miles per hour plus. You want AMG performance you can even pick up an affordable E-Class E43 instead of an E63, S63 or even just a plain S550. Although if you pick up an E-Class and you pull up next to an S550 at a light even if you got to East 63 you're going to look over at that S-class and think damn I wish I had an S-Class whereas the dude in the S550 even if it's a plane S550 pre-owned he's never going to look at the E-class even if it's East 63 and wish he had that car.

... And when it comes to luxury performance automobiles nothing compares to a Porsche. Their exhausts don't sound all that great can't compare it to a Ferrari Lamborghini (or even a Audi r10 which is like an Lamborghini Huraca)only fuck you sit in the Porsche everything is in the right place and put your arms and hands and legs and torso all in the correct positions at the correct distances. And even a novice driver would have a difficult time losing control of an all-wheel drive Porsche.

How would you know what I drive? Do you know someone that knows someone that knows me?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #320 on: September 10, 2017, 08:01:15 PM »

No reason. It's the first fast food place that popped in my head.
X

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: September 11, 2017, 04:04:26 AM »
PLEASE stop thinking about that. I am sure the answer is rather disturbing!  :D

Probably how to build bodybuilding time machine & win Mr.Australia '75  ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2017, 07:18:41 PM »

The internet is great for delusional people. They can be whoever they want to be and don't have to prove anything.

So where is this Jeep for business purposes? What business?

Where is this Jag you are supposed to be able to afford after cashing in your bitcoins. You never had any bitcoins.

This buffoon can bullshit all day long.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2017, 09:21:54 PM »
The internet is great for delusional people. They can be whoever they want to be and don't have to prove anything.

So where is this Jeep for business purposes? What business?

Where is this Jag you are supposed to be able to afford after cashing in your bitcoins. You never had any bitcoins.

This buffoon can bullshit all day long.

Why are you starting shit again with me, Basile???  Are you inching for a brutal response???
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2017, 09:28:31 PM »
jags are for f ags

they dont last parts are way expensive really horribly made
A