Author Topic: Trump pardons ex-Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio - White House  (Read 7137 times)

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
Re: Trump pardons ex-Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio - White House
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2017, 07:52:02 PM »
there is no one called "Sheriff" ArpaioThere soon will be no Tent Cityrepost for Trumptard who continues to lie
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/aug/29/joe-arpaio/arpaio-falsely-ties-conviction-obama-administratio/no quotes here from Wiki and your claims are bereft of ANY sourceYou're a pathetic liar.  I've never said any such thing

I've never made a website in my life

Just what I figured, you know sweet fuck all about sweet fuck all and you're a blatant liar.

Good god those $24 websites must suck ass.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2017, 08:01:14 PM »
Just what I figured, you know sweet fuck all about sweet fuck all and you're a blatant liar.

Good god those $24 websites must suck ass.

try to keep in mind that I know for a fact that I'm not 240 and that no one uses my account other than me

knowing that for a fact means that I also know for a fact that you're a delusional moron along with being an pathetic liar (as I've already pointed out in prior posts)

ZeroPatience

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »
try to keep in mind that I know for a fact that I'm not 240 and that no one uses my account other than me

knowing that for a fact means that I also know for a fact that you're a delusional moron along with being an pathetic liar (as I've already pointed out in prior posts)

You know for a fact that you are you and not somebody else? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Just get it over with and kill yourself fag.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2017, 09:49:34 PM »

Rob you whiny little twink....can you make me a $24 website about George Zimmerman?

Come on Princess, it can be really cool, I will get Skittles and Arizona Ice Tea to sponsor it!

I also want that gif of George smiling in the courtroom right on the front page. Underneath the gif it will say, "suck it 240LiberalCuck".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2017, 11:07:01 PM »
there is no one called "Sheriff" ArpaioThere soon will be no Tent Cityrepost for Trumptard who continues to lie
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/aug/29/joe-arpaio/arpaio-falsely-ties-conviction-obama-administratio/no quotes here from Wiki and your claims are bereft of ANY sourceYou're a pathetic liar.  I've never said any such thing

I've never made a website in my life

Most "fact" checking sites are complete left leaning sources so quit with the "snopes" and "politifact" crap. Even Wikipedia changed some of the content about Mark Levin. You'll never accept the fact that the political left politicians, left media and leftist sites are all corrupt and blatant liars but you still fall for it.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2017, 04:32:39 AM »
Sometimes people in the military don't even have tents

Like I said before, enjoy your meaningless argument and bullshit comparisons for a few more months. 

please point to a meaningful argument on this website. pro-tip: you can't
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »
Whats done is done. the real conversation should be why in the hell a President has the power to pardon anyone without question, and how soon can that power be revoked? It's been abused for as long as I've been around.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »
please point to a meaningful argument on this website. pro-tip: you can't

refer to any of my posts

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »
refer to any of my posts

I don't dig through the garbage. Thanks!
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »

I'll keep that in mind for all your future worthless posts

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2017, 06:40:07 PM »
:D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2017, 03:43:49 PM »
Judge dismisses case against pardoned Arpaio
By Samuel Chamberlain, Fox News

A federal judge in Phoenix Wednesday formally dismissed the criminal case against former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, accepting President Donald Trump's pardon of the controversial lawman.

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton dismissed Arpaio's conviction with prejudice, meaning the matter cannot be tried again. Bolton held off on ruling on Arpaio's request to throw out all orders in the case, including a blistering 14-page ruling in which the judge explained her original reasoning in finding that Arpaio was guilty of a crime.

Arpaio was convicted in July of criminal contempt for what Bolton described as "flagrant disregard" of a 2011 court order to halt traffic patrols that targeted immigrants.

Trump pardoned Arpaio Aug. 25, setting off a firestorm of criticism from legal advocates and congressional Democrats, more than 30 of whom asked Bolton to declare the pardon invalid and move forward with sentencing.

Arpaio attorney Mark Goldman described the attempted intervention by lawmakers as "despicable."

"What are our Democrat congressmen doing?" asked Goldman, who described the lawmakers as "narcissistic idiots ... making a statement where they have no standing to make any statement whatsoever."

The former sheriff, who didn't attend Wednesday's hearing in federal court, was accused of continuing the patrols for 17 months so that he could promote his immigration enforcement efforts in a bid to boost his successful 2012 re-election campaign.

Bolton's ruling cited television interviews and news releases in which the sheriff made comments about keeping up the patrols, even though he knew they were no longer allowed.

Arpaio, who endorsed Trump and appeared alongside him at rallies during the 2016 campaign, has acknowledged prolonging the patrols, but insisted his disobedience wasn't intentional and blamed one of his former attorneys for not adequately explaining the order's importance.

Critics say the pardon removed the last chance at holding Arpaio legally accountable for a long history of misconduct, including a 2013 civil verdict in which Arpaio's officers were found to have racially profiled Latinos in the sheriff's immigration patrols. The order that Arpaio acknowledged violating was issued by U.S. District Murray Snow in the profiling case.

Prosecutor John Keller said it was appropriate to dismiss the case against Arpaio.

"This prosecution is over," Keller said. "The defendant will never be held accountable for his contempt of Judge Snow's injunction."

Bolton has previously said case law suggests a pardon doesn't erase a recipient's underlying record of conviction and instead is aimed at lessening or canceling punishment. The pardon had previously led the judge to cancel Arpaio's sentencing hearing.

Lawyers who won the racial profiling verdict against Arpaio had argued earlier that the decision explaining the guilty verdict should remain intact to serve as a rebuke of the sheriff's actions and as a deterrent to other politicians who might want to disobey a judge's orders.

Since the pardon, Arpaio has said he did nothing wrong, criticized Bolton as biased and called the offense behind his conviction a "petty crime." Arpaio, who was defeated last year in the same election that sent Trump to the White House, is now talking about getting back into politics.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/04/judge-dismisses-case-against-pardoned-arpaio.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2018, 08:36:46 AM »
Joe Arpaio running for Senate in Arizona
by David M. Drucker | Jan 9, 2018

Republican Joe Arpaio, a close ally of President Trump and former sheriff known for his provocative approach to combatting illegal immigration, is running for Senate in Arizona.

The 85-year-old Arpaio could shake up the late August Republican primary in a critical open-seat race to replace retiring Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz. Trump pardoned Arpaio last summer, sparing the former sheriff jail time after he was convicted of ignoring a federal court order in a racial-profiling case.

The polarizing yet iconic former Maricopa County sheriff, beloved by many conservatives for his hawkish immigration policies, presents an alternative to the unimpressive Kelli Ward and a potential obstacle to Rep. Martha McSally. She is expected to launch within days and is widely viewed as the Republicans’ strongest general election candidate.

In a telephone interview with the Washington Examiner, Arpaio shrugged off concerns about his age, dismissed Republican insiders’ anxiety that his poor reputation with nonwhite voters would put the seat in play for the Democrats in the midterm, and discussed plans to work with Trump on behalf of Arizona.

“I have a lot to offer. I’m a big supporter of President Trump,” Arpaio said. “I’m going to have to work hard; you don’t take anything for granted. But I would not being doing this if I thought that I could not win. I’m not here to get my name in the paper, I get that everyday, anyway.”

Arpaio served as the elected sheriff of Maricopa County, which encompasses Phoenix and surrounding suburbs, for 24 years until a Democrat ousted him in 2016.

Through strict opposition to illegal immigration and unorthodox policing methods, Arpaio cultivated a national image as a tough, law-and-order cop. That made him a favorite of conservative media and popular on the GOP endorsement circuit as Republicans throughout the country sought to bolster their border security bona fides in primaries.

Arpaio’s sharp rhetoric and law enforcement practices also drew intense criticism. Democrats, some Republicans, and advocates for immigrants — both legal and illegal — accused him of unconstitutional racial profiling and even bigotry. Arpaio said he expects more of the same in his Senate campaign, but vowed not to alter his approach.

“My mother and father came here from Italy, legally of course. I have a soft spot for the Mexican community having lived there,” he said. “I’m not going to get into my personal life, but I will say we have four grandkids and some have a different ethnic and racial background. I don’t say that. I don’t use my grandkids. So, I have a soft spot, but still, I’m going to do my job. You have to do it.”

“Being a U.S. senator is a little different than being the sheriff, because you can do a lot of things in the U.S. Senate, and I have many plans, believe me. It’s tough. It’s a tough decision. But, if you’re going to come across that border, you should be arrested and get the consequences of it,” Arpaio added.

Trump won Arizona in 2016 by just 4.1 percentage points. Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton was rising in the state until the final 10 days of the presidential campaign, when the FBI revealed that it was taking a fresh look into her use of a private email server during her tenure as secretary of state and halted her momentum.

Trump's job approval numbers with nonwhites and suburbanites since have been poor. That's potentially significant in Arizona, where both voting blocs can be influential.

To be sure, Arpaio’s reputation and close affiliation with Trump is virtually guaranteed to rev up a conservative base that had pushed the pragmatic Flake into retirement because of his feud with the president. That could work in his favor in a midterm, elections in which Republican turnout has tended to dominate. But in an election shaping up as challenging for the GOP, Arpaio’s candidacy could make nervous a party defending a 51-49 Senate majority.

Even if Arpaio loses the primary to McSally, he would have had seven months to push her to the right and define GOP messaging on a host of issues — and not just in Arizona. Trump is sure to promote Arpaio’s campaign, and Republican primary candidates all over the country might follow his lead.

Arpaio said he relishes the fight, whether from the Left or from supporters of McSally on the Right.

“I am outspoken. I’m looking forward to it. Let them come. They’ll have their political firing squads and bring tons of money here, because they don’t want to lose,” he said. “I just want to do everything I can to support our president.”

Arpaio said he expects Democrats to make an issue of the pardon. It was granted on Aug. 25, his wife’s 86th birthday. Arpaio noted that fact, and that he shares a birthday with Trump — June 14 — with a sense of satisfaction, as he did the periodic calls from the president to check in on his wife's health.

The former sheriff said he has not personally discussed his Senate bid with Trump and emphasized that he didn’t ask for the pardon nor did he know that it was coming. But Arpaio did not apologize for it, calling his conviction part of a political witch hunt by former President Barack Obama and his first attorney general, Eric Holder.

Unprompted, Arpaio added that Flake, and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., with whom he said he has a "love-hate" relationship, opposed the pardon.

“This started under Obama and Holder 60 days after they took office and it took them all these years to get me on a contempt of court charge, a misdemeanor. You get the same time for barking dogs,” he said.

Arpaio was vague on his policy agenda beyond immigration enforcement. That’s not unusual. Candidates, especially at the beginning of a campaign, tend to try and keep their message focused on a few bullet points and maintain flexibility by not putting down too many markers.

Arpaio’s main offer to Arizonans: He would support Trump unflinchingly, should he win the nomination and defeat the likely Democratic nominee, Rep. Kyrsten Sinema. That’s not insignificant. Both Flake and McCain have a contentious relationship with the president, and he with them.

To that end, Arpaio suggested he could support some form of legalization of participants in the since discontinued Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program that protected illegal immigrants brought in as children from deportation. Of course, in typical fashion, Arpaio offered his own view of what should be done.

“I have a far-out plan, which may look stupid,” he said. “When they come to your attention that they’re here illegally, these young people, deport them back to Mexico — or whatever — and then try to put them on a fast track to come back into the United States legally with special permits. What’s wrong with that? They’d say they don’t know where their home country is, so let them go there and spend six months, because it might take that long to do paperwork to get them here legally and let them see their home country and see what it's really like. They ought to be proud where they came from. I’m proud being an Italian American. I’m proud of Italy. I’m proud my father, mother came over, proud of it. So, you could kill two birds with one stone.”

“That would be no amnesty, everybody would be happy, you deport them and then let them come back with all their education here. I’m sure they could find a temporary job or help the foreign countries and build up relations and come back. That’s just a big picture that I have. People may say I’m crazy. What am I crazy about? It just makes sense.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/joe-arpaio-running-for-senate-in-arizona/article/2645354

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2018, 11:21:56 PM »
I don't see it. He is too tainted. I don't think Republicans want to risk another Moore type result when there is a Republican candidate ready to go without having to publicly fight it out in the news for the spot. Your thoughts?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 05:27:18 AM »
dumb - too old, fat, and tainted. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »
Just what we (don't) need, another dinosaur.. As if we don't have enough fossils in the Senate now, Feinstein and McCain, just to name a few..