Author Topic: Patriots lose Julian Edelman (torn ACL) for season  (Read 1752 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Patriots lose Julian Edelman (torn ACL) for season
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Huge loss, I still think they take the weak division again for the 100th time, make the playoffs, but will need to re-game plan...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »
No one cares about football anymore, Coach. I suggest you reinvent yourself once again and perhaps get a running coach certification. There's money to be made doing group training.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »
They'll find some disgruntled journeyman and plug him into the system and keep winning.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:08 AM »
No one cares about football anymore, Coach. I suggest you reinvent yourself once again and perhaps get a running coach certification. There's money to be made doing group training.
x2 I have to agree here.  I'm not wasting hours of my life following the NFL.  I'll never understand planning your Sunday around football....

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 11:15:24 AM »
they got brandin cooks... they'll be fine unfortunately

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:17:22 AM »
They'll find some disgruntled journeyman and plug him into the system and keep winning.

Seriously.  Tom Brady gets most of the credit but Bill Belichick is the reason the Patriots have had so much continued success.  

That man could make the playoffs with 10 construction workers and me at QB

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »

Yes the IFBB has overtaken the NFL

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »

Explain the "reinvent yourself" part to me. I must have missed that for the past 20 + years. I make plenty from players and agents. Thanks anyway.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 12:09:13 PM »
Explain the "reinvent yourself" part to me. I must have missed that for the past 20 + years. I make plenty from players and agents. Thanks anyway.

Didn't a lot of bodybuilders reinvent themselves as strength and conditioning coaches? Jim Quinn comes to mind.

Yes the IFBB has overtaken the NFL

It's more a matter of one being dead and the other one just beginning a secular decline.

Madison Avenue Predicts Football Viewership Will Drop This Year | Variety

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/football-ratings-drop-tv-advertising-c3-1202528371/

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »
Gronk, Amendola, Hogan and Cooks.
They are still stacked.

I hate them.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »
Didn't a lot of bodybuilders reinvent themselves as strength and conditioning coaches? Jim Quinn comes to mind.

I know he trains or trained a few athletes but 90% of my client base are athletes. We've changed business model about 5 years back to more athlete (HS, College and Pro) based and less general fitness. Nowadays the majority of our revenue is driven from NFL/Pro day combine prep, Off-season NFL, European, CFL and College football prep. NFL roster cuts are coming in the next week or two, we'll get guys in from that as well that have to stay in shape in case they get called back up. We cover everything (depending on the packages they choose) from medicals to meals to all position drills. We've become very specific. Plus I'm also a HS Football coach

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »
Won't miss a single beat.
As long as Belichick is there and they are in that pathetic division they are fine.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »
Gronk, Amendola, Hogan and Cooks.
They are still stacked.

I hate them.
+
Austin Carr (rookie) has looked awesome and Malcolm Mitchell if he can remain healthy.  If not they can hold onto another one of the rookies within the group of ten WR's they have right now. Hollister has played well.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 02:15:27 PM »
x2 I have to agree here.  I'm not wasting hours of my life following the NFL.  I'll never understand planning your Sunday around football....

There are many reasons for the impending decline of the NFL and pro sports in general. Here's one of them. Do you really want to spend your hard earned money on people who, without football, would be out robbing?