Author Topic: Animal Paks  (Read 3044 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Animal Paks
« on: April 08, 2006, 01:45:09 AM »
Never tried them because everybody said they were way overpriced.  But what the hell I'll give them a try to see why some people like them so much.  I was figuring on some ugly price like 89 bucks or something by the way everyone freaks.  22.97 on BB.com for 44 packs, Jesus man.  ::)  How will I ever afford my PB&J sandwiches now.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Animal Paks
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:19:34 AM »
High dosages vitamines but i never felt anything from them.

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 10:03:31 AM »
Never tried them because everybody said they were way overpriced.  But what the hell I'll give them a try to see why some people like them so much.  I was figuring on some ugly price like 89 bucks or something by the way everyone freaks.  22.97 on BB.com for 44 packs, Jesus man.  ::)  How will I ever afford my PB&J sandwiches now.

22.97 for a multi viatmin..That's crazy..i use AST multi pro 32X and they are like 13.99 for a 3 month supply, and more potent than animal pack.
musclegurus.com

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 11:10:08 AM »
22.97 for a multi viatmin..That's crazy..i use AST multi pro 32X and they are like 13.99 for a 3 month supply, and more potent than animal pack.
Looks like the statement on potency is not true at all.  Also looking at the ingredient list it looks like you get what you pay for.  Synthetic E in the AST which has much less biopotency than than the natural E in the Animal Paks.  Potency wise you would have to take several AST pills to match one serving of the Animal Pak and if you do that you're going to get way way more of some vitamins like A an folic.  The price difference between your vitamin and Animal Pak is a whoping $7.08.  Hardly what I describe as, "That's crazy"

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 02:42:45 PM »
The price difference between your vitamin and Animal Pak is a whoping $7.08.  Hardly what I describe as, "That's crazy"

that's not true, becuase you get a three months supply for those 13.99   Animal pak is 44 packs@ 1/day = about 1,5 months.
Thats a big difference.
IMO Animal Pak is overhyped and not worth the money.

Peace
D

Sommy

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 04:22:03 PM »

Probably 10 packs per pkg, with some giant pills in there.  They are okay the first week or so, but then it gets difficult chocking down all those pills.  Plus you feel sick doing it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 05:54:56 PM »
that's not true, becuase you get a three months supply for those 13.99   Animal pak is 44 packs@ 1/day = about 1,5 months.
Thats a big difference.
IMO Animal Pak is overhyped and not worth the money. 

Peace
D

Yea, but you have to take what like 4 AST pills if you wanted to get the same as what's in 1 animal pack or half a serving.  That cuts you down to 25 servings if you're matching up with the Animal paks which gives you 44 servings if you're taking half a serving.  The AST might actually be more expensive considering this.  Plus you didn't factor that the Animal pak is actually better quality using natural and not synthetic E.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 07:03:22 PM »
AST's MultiPro 32 uses natural vitamin e as dl-alpha tocopherols. Animal Pak is overpriced and overrated. I tried it for 3 months and came down with a cold twice during that period. I usually NEVER catch colds. I swear by GNC's Ultra Mega Gold no Iron, it's alot more potent than your typical multi's and they use top notch ingredients in their vitamins. They are also NSF certified for ingredients (independently lab tasted). GNC's typically overpriced for sports supplements, but their Multi's, and miscellaneous sups (fish oils, glucosamine, etc.) are all legit! I get a discount cuz some of my buddies work there, so it's not that bad. The Ultra Mega Gold's usually on sale for $25-30 bucks for a 3 month supply, not bad at all!
Team Willet
Max-OT

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 09:10:44 PM »
AST's MultiPro 32 uses natural vitamin e as dl-alpha tocopherols. Animal Pak is overpriced and overrated. I tried it for 3 months and came down with a cold twice during that period. I usually NEVER catch colds. I swear by GNC's Ultra Mega Gold no Iron, it's alot more potent than your typical multi's and they use top notch ingredients in their vitamins. They are also NSF certified for ingredients (independently lab tasted). GNC's typically overpriced for sports supplements, but their Multi's, and miscellaneous sups (fish oils, glucosamine, etc.) are all legit! I get a discount cuz some of my buddies work there, so it's not that bad. The Ultra Mega Gold's usually on sale for $25-30 bucks for a 3 month supply, not bad at all!

dl is synthetic, d is natural

Animal Pak: d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate biopotency: 1.36
AST: dl-alpha-tocopherol biopotency: 1.1

I'm not sure what to say about the cold thing.  Seems like it would be hard to prove for sure it was Animal pak's fault.  I've been using the megamen for a couple years.  I just wanted to try something different for the hell of it and to see if a higher potency vitamin made any difference. I was just happy to see an affordable price to what people were calling expensive.  They're not expensive enough to bitch about anyway. 2 pounds of vitamin packs for 23bucks.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 10:50:36 PM »
eat healthy food its way better than any vitamins pills 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 12:02:24 AM »
eat healthy food its way better than any vitamins pills 
Why not eat healthy food and vitamins.  Bodybuilding probably takes more out of a person than what we're designed for.  Supplementing for hard workouts is probably not stupid.  But that's just a guess.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »
Nearly impossible to get all the vitamins and minerals through a regular diet. I try to best to eat a balanced diet, and I top it off w/ a good multi. Minerals are also lacking in our soil today, as opposed to a hundred years ago due to pesticides and farming. You also lose alot of minerals from veggies when you boil or steam em. I'd rather not eat RAW veggies! :-X
Team Willet
Max-OT