Author Topic: Bodybuilding Coverage - Filming and taking pictures  (Read 5363 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Does RXMUSCLE provide the best bodybuilding news coverage?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
Does anyone visit this board to gets reliable bodybuilding info or just for laughs?

Here's a question concerning this GetBig Board ....

What percentage of this GetBig input is anti-bodybuilding and all things related?

And ....

What percentage of this GetBig input is pro-bodybuilding and all things related?

My uneducated guess is 50% or more anti-bodybuilding, 40% or more  unrelated shit, and 10% or less pro-bodybuilding.

I come to GetBig to keep up to date on 'questionable' rumors and read about  the world of bodybuilding from most who have never been there but seem to enjoy talking about its misery.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
I don't over analyze it, but honestly all the outlets and youtube channels have their good and bad, depends on the person's taste.

As per Dave palumbo, interview stuff he does ok, WHEN he lets people talk, as he has a bad habit of interrupting.

His breaking news stuff is gay as fuck. when he starts beating a story to death(ex Rich Piana Ni@@erGate) or with the constant Blechman slamming, it makes them look desperate and unprofessional.

Aside from that 10/10 of the people who claim to be bodybuilding media from the websites, youtube channels, magazines etc would never get a second look in the real sports world for a job as none of them are actual journalists. I say this within the context that real journalism still exists which it hasn't on any level for a couple of decades.

Biggest problem of the media, both amateur and pro, these days, is they are more about makiing themselves the story rather than going after an actual story so everything gets diluted down to petty bullshit and lies
"

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »
NELSON, Thanks! Interesting response!

But with all its faults and inadequacies ..... Do you think RX Muscle provides the best up to date coverage?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 10:15:00 AM »
NELSON, Thanks! Interesting response!

But with all its faults and inadequacies ..... Do you think RX Muscle provides the best up to date coverage?

Nope.

They like to think they do though.
"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilding Coverage - Filming and taking pictures
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
I always wondered what Matt C's take was on this being he is a media mogul up there with Rupert Murdoch and Al Gore
"

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 11:39:45 AM »
Nope.

They like to think they do though.

Which sites have better coverage?  Admittedly, I don't know a lot of the bodybuilding news sites but RXMuscle does seem to be pretty good, aside from the constant sniping about Blechman and the MD crew that you already mentioned.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
what news?

theres nothing to cover

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »
I don't over analyze it, but honestly all the outlets and youtube channels have their good and bad, depends on the person's taste.

As per Dave palumbo, interview stuff he does ok, WHEN he lets people talk, as he has a bad habit of interrupting.

His breaking news stuff is gay as fuck. when he starts beating a story to death(ex Rich Piana Ni@@erGate) or with the constant Blechman slamming, it makes them look desperate and unprofessional.

Aside from that 10/10 of the people who claim to be bodybuilding media from the websites, youtube channels, magazines etc would never get a second look in the real sports world for a job as none of them are actual journalists. I say this within the context that real journalism still exists which it hasn't on any level for a couple of decades.

Biggest problem of the media, both amateur and pro, these days, is they are more about makiing themselves the story rather than going after an actual story so everything gets diluted down to petty bullshit and lies

Dave also talks about himself too much.

He feels the need to constantly mention that he used to weigh 315lbs.

Ok Dave, we know. We heard you the first 30 times. You can stop telling us about your former body weight.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 12:07:49 PM »
RX Muscle is definitely the leader in that field. Evidence . . . RX just received press credentials for The Olympia. With regard to repetitive statements from Dave, he has to assume that there are new viewers for each broadcast. Now, I'll admit I am a big fan of Dave and Chris, however I do think their site is overseen by an individual who banns people who tell him to fuck off when he stalks them and there needs to be brand / identity consistency, the logos for each effort are different. The "RX"in RX Muscle as a logo is dated ( prematurely ) as it was developed during a time fanny packs and baggy PLATINUM EVERYWHERE were in vogue.

J

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »
Dave also talks about himself too much.

He feels the need to constantly mention that he used to weigh 315lbs.

Ok Dave, we know. We heard you the first 30 times. You can stop telling us about your former body weight.

Kind of like when Shawn Ray goes off topic to mention he is a hall of famer.

that is the problem with bodybuilders, especially former ones, always have to one up with that "I used to bench...." insertions in every convo.

point is doing an interview is asking a question and letting the other person answer, not interrupting them every 30 seconds to insert themselves into the answer lol

Which sites have better coverage?  Admittedly, I don't know a lot of the bodybuilding news sites but RXMuscle does seem to be pretty good, aside from the constant sniping about Blechman and the MD crew that you already mentioned.

I don't think any are better or worse than each other, like genration iron, rx, md, digital muscle, all the youtubers all have their strengths and weaknesses. Again I do find that the majority of these self proclaimed media people have gotten way off track and spend too much time trying to either insert themselves into the story or make themselves outright the story ie all the fighting and shit throwing that goes on.

I also feel that the fed spends way too much time policing any media for criticising them, alot of the criticism is valid.

here is a good example of bad journalism, in all fairness this guy does put out some goos stuff but he easily gets sidetracked and has a tendency to kiss ass too much and think everyone in the industry who says "hello" to him must be his new best friend

"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »
RX Muscle is definitely the leader in that field. Evidence . . . RX just received press credentials for The Olympia. With regard to repetitive statements from Dave, he has to assume that there are new viewers for each broadcast. Now, I'll admit I am a big fan of Dave and Chris, however I do think their site is overseen by an individual who banns people who tell him to fuck off when he stalks them and there needs to be brand / identity consistency, the logos for each effort are different. The "RX"in RX Muscle as a logo is dated ( prematurely ) as it was developed during a time fanny packs and baggy PLATINUM EVERYWHERE were in vogue.

J

geez wonder who that is.

Honestly I prefer Chris as a writer...as an online personality he is boring and condescending as all hell
"

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »

I was watching his "  YouTube hurricane update"  lol, over the weekend streaming on tv, where Dave was outdoors holding an umbrella; and the two females that were in the living room with me at the time said "that guy is so GAY"  ....   maybe we got used to his flamboyant ways to move and talk on camera  idk  ....but its very obvious by the average person how feminine Dave has gotten/become ...

WooSHHHHH butt out nipples out

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2017, 01:27:19 PM »
Here,  enjoy

WoShhhhh TA NA KA

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2017, 01:34:11 PM »
Dave has a bad habit of clickbait video titles, especially for "Ask Dave." 40+ minutes of bullshit drug questions by stupid ass kids who have only been working out for a couple of months, and only one thing you care about (and the video title, usually) is briefly mentioned right near the end of the video.

He also talks too much over the interviewees at times, this is well known, and already mentioned. He also tries way too hard to start "trending" topics and repeats the same things again and again, like when Piana was being labeled a "racist." And who can forget his pushing of Levrone as a potential winner of the O last year. He just kept making video after video... so desperate.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
RX is shit. They are the third child (at best) in the industry.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »
I loved this recent Ron Harris interview with Ronnie Coleman, but it was great because of Ronnie and in SPITE of Harris.  Ron H. could hardly have seemed less interested if he'd tried.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »
I loved this recent Ron Harris interview with Ronnie Coleman, but it was great because of Ronnie and in SPITE of Harris.  Ron H. could hardly have seemed less interested if he'd tried.

Before harris keeps interviewing he should clean up his bedroom.

J

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »
Kind of like when Shawn Ray goes off topic to mention he is a hall of famer.

that is the problem with bodybuilders, especially former ones, always have to one up with that "I used to bench...." insertions in every convo.

point is doing an interview is asking a question and letting the other person answer, not interrupting them every 30 seconds to insert themselves into the answer lol

I don't think any are better or worse than each other, like genration iron, rx, md, digital muscle, all the youtubers all have their strengths and weaknesses. Again I do find that the majority of these self proclaimed media people have gotten way off track and spend too much time trying to either insert themselves into the story or make themselves outright the story ie all the fighting and shit throwing that goes on.

I also feel that the fed spends way too much time policing any media for criticising them, alot of the criticism is valid.

here is a good example of bad journalism, in all fairness this guy does put out some goos stuff but he easily gets sidetracked and has a tendency to kiss ass too much and think everyone in the industry who says "hello" to him must be his new best friend

Christian Duque biggest issue isn't getting sidetracked but that he panders and writes his articles that's too favorable to the IFBB.  A real reporter gives the facts...good or bad about the industry.  In addition, he likes to threaten to kick people's asses which is why he was permanantly banned from RX Muscle. 
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 09:13:26 PM »
RX is shit. They are the third child (at best) in the industry.

I have to disagree with you...RX Muscle is No.1 in putting out continuous online bodybuilding content at this point.  No other site is doing this...MD, Flex, Generation Iron, etc.
A

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
Re: Bodybuilding Coverage - Filming and taking pictures
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 04:21:08 AM »
Bodybuilders turned video-journalists could take tips from the strength world's Bill Kazmaier, he was always humble and never inserted himself or his achievements into the interview.