Author Topic: Bodybuilding Coverage - Filming and taking pictures  (Read 5365 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bodybuilding Coverage - Filming and taking pictures
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
So some of you dont know or understand, being a press photographer, you can't just take video or pictures at an event that is on private land or in a private building without permission of someone for 'business' purposes - whether it is for a web site, etc.

The same way you need to get a permit to take pictures on California's public beaches of people and models if you are using them for business use or charging for them.  Facebook, boards, etc different story. Same with many places.

At any event, the promoter can ask and tell you not to take professional pictures of an event, or even conduct interviews at their event. If you wish to conduct interviews or take pictures outside, that is up to you.   Professional pictures and videos usually mean cameras with lens that can be removed, and larger video camera.  Cell phones are different.

Don't make it about the Olympia, or any other bodybuilding event.  Try doing that at a concert or sports stadium.

I have

For a music concert, I was only allowed to take pictures for the first three songs, then had to check my camera in.   For a sports event, forget about getting anywhere near the field without credentials.   And for music or Hollywood events, you usually need to have an 'assignment' meaning that in order to get a press pass, you need to be assigned by a legitimate web site or magazine.

Hell, I tried for Comic-Con, but alas, I am not a legitimate web site that covers comics or movies...

So rude of those Comic-Con guys to not let me have one.  

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Filming and taking pictures at events - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »
Well played Ron well played.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »
whatabout drawing?

are people allowed to draw phil heath without permission

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:05:34 PM »
whatabout drawing?

More and more bodybuilding expos are only permitting licensed sketch artists that can capture Heath quickly and accurately.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »
So some of you dont know or understand, being a press photographer, you can't just take video or pictures at an event that is on private land or in a private building without permission of someone for 'business' purposes - whether it is for a web site, etc.

The same way you need to get a permit to take pictures on California's public beaches of people and models if you are using them for business use or charging for them.  Facebook, boards, etc different story. Same with many places.

At any event, the promoter can ask and tell you not to take professional pictures of an event, or even conduct interviews at their event. If you wish to conduct interviews or take pictures outside, that is up to you.   Professional pictures and videos usually mean cameras with lens that can be removed, and larger video camera.  Cell phones are different.

Don't make it about the Olympia, or any other bodybuilding event.  Try doing that at a concert or sports stadium.

I have

For a music concert, I was only allowed to take pictures for the first three songs, then had to check my camera in.   For a sports event, forget about getting anywhere near the field without credentials.   And for music or Hollywood events, you usually need to have an 'assignment' meaning that in order to get a press pass, you need to be assigned by a legitimate web site or magazine.

Hell, I tried for Comic-Con, but alas, I am not a legitimate web site that covers comics or movies...

So rude of those Comic-Con guys to not let me have one.  

most bodybuilders nowadays are pretty comical so is most of the industry. so not sure what the problem would have been ....comi con should have embraced you there loss
p

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 12:52:21 PM »
yeah because BBing already is so mainstream, one should avoid any type of advertisement for this "sport"  ::)

it's just one step closer to private schmoe sessions.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »
Was this post in reference to Matt's post about Jim Manion (which happen to be deleted)?
X

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »
Dear Ron

If we ever cross paths, feel free to take as many photos of me as you want.

I'm not a bodybuilder but I'm somewhat good looking.

Best regards
el numero uno

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 10:36:47 PM »
Dear Ron -If we ever cross paths, feel free to take as many photos of me as you want.  I'm not a bodybuilder but I'm somewhat good looking.
Best regards -el numero uno

As many people on the board and elsewhere will tell you, if you do meet me, I will take your picture and happily say hello.   

You can draw Phil Heath as much as you can. You can even post the drawing or picture on the site that you take.  But if you try to sell a product or something for profit with Phil Heath as a representative of that site or product, you can bet you may get a call from someone to take it down.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 04:55:08 AM »
Was this post in reference to Matt's post about Jim Manion (which happen to be deleted)?

It has to be. I'm all for free speech, but posting a private conversation is off limits.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 06:48:13 AM »
And ironically the video of the O normally sucks ass because the official camera person doesn't know who or what to focus on. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 08:01:10 AM »
...You can draw Phil Heath as much as you can. You can even post the drawing or picture on the site that you take.  But if you try to sell a product or something for profit with Phil Heath as a representative of that site or product, you can bet you may get a call from someone to take it down.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
Your website has a huge audience and you seem polite and professional...  at least the comic "con"s should be more open to indirect promotion.
I remember reading in metal magazines (yes, a dark past) that some bands also had tight restrictions on what content could be taken by photographers of said magazines.  Some of these bands were rather underground, so I do not understand where the concerns might have come from... as monetary interest seemed not to be that real of an option

burnout666

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 09:54:15 AM »
So how do you explain the thousands of mouth-breathing turd-fiskers who show up at concerts and film shaky 720p footage of Katy Perry to upload to their no one-but-family-cares YouTube and IG accounts?

Simple Simon

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 10:01:10 AM »
So how do you explain the thousands of mouth-breathing turd-fiskers who show up at concerts and film shaky 720p footage of Katy Perry to upload to their no one-but-family-cares YouTube and IG accounts?

he explained it in his OP.

burnout666

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »
he explained it in his OP.

I didn't read it. I just wanted you to post back a reply like this.  ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 10:34:07 AM »
I didn't read it. I just wanted you to post back a reply like this.  ;D

I seldom read more than three lines of a post myself.

burnout666

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »

So how do you read ESFitness's posts? Do you have like a proprietary software that condenses four paragraphs of filler into bite-size cliff notes?

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 10:46:09 AM »
So how do you read ESFitness's posts? Do you have like a proprietary software that condenses four paragraphs of filler into bite-size cliff notes?

I start reading and I stop when I detect bullshit, thats why I have never got past three lines.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »

I read less than that

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »
So no more Basile clicking on Mr.Olympia  :'( :'( :'(

;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 05:43:12 PM »
Basile takes thousands of photos of Lads at manly beach

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 02:05:23 AM »
So no more Basile clicking on Mr.Olympia  :'( :'( :'(

;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
Re: Bodybuilding Coverage and All Things Bodybuilding Related!
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:23 AM »
Here's a question concerning this GetBig Board ....

What percentage of this GetBig input is anti-bodybuilding and all things related?

And ....

What percentage of this GetBig input is pro-bodybuilding and all things related?

My uneducated guess is 50% or more anti-bodybuilding, 40% or more  unrelated shit, and 10% or less pro-bodybuilding.

I come to GetBig to keep up to date on 'questionable' rumors and read about  the world of bodybuilding from most who have never been there but seem to enjoy talking about its misery.

The only %'s you need to know about the board is that it's 100% retards.
Y

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Does RXMUSCLE provide the best bodybuilding news coverage?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:12 AM »
I'm no expert on this topic but is there any place better than RX Muscle (print or internet) that offers accurate reports/information on  all things bodybuilding related?

I think that Dave and his crew do one hell of a great job getting the word out to one and all.