Author Topic: Greg Kovacs vs. Trevor Smith  (Read 20949 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Greg Kovacs vs. Trevor Smith
« on: April 08, 2006, 12:06:58 PM »
Well, it's been a while since we've had a Kovacs thread so here we go. As a change of pace though from the usual hate-fest, let's compare him to the sports other 400 lbs mass monster, Trevor Smith (RIP).

10 years ago, Musclemag International featured an article on the seemingly impossible notion that one day we would see a 300 lbs ripped Mr. Olympia. Now that that day has already come, we can look forward to a future when someday we'll see a 400 lbs Mr. Olympia. With gene doping around the corner, this fantasy will too become reality. This is the evolution of our fine sport. Unfortunately for Shawn Ray, he'll still have to keep waiting on his turn for a Sandow.

It's only a matter of time before more bodybuilders are as big as these two - we can only hope they look a lot better . . .

Greg Kovacs

Considered by many to be the first bb over 400 lbs, Kovacs gained exposure through his 50 page MuscleTech ads. At 6'3, he reportedly had 26 inch arms, a 70 inch chest and 35 inch quads. Thanks to Cell Tech he not only acheived immense size, but his strength was through the roof. For a flex photo shoot he used specially made 225lbs dumbels for incline presses.

Dorian Yates claimed to see him bench 6 plates for 10 reps and this video shows him doing about 675 lbs for smith rack incline

&search=kovacs

Yet for all his size and impressive stats, come contest time he looked by shyte. Barely chugging throught he pre-judging of several contests over the years, he showed up at the 2004 ASC looking his all-time worse.

&search=kovacs

Likely due to excessive steroid use (reportedly up to 10 000 mg of test a week!!!!!! -source: deadpool), gh and cell tech his innards grew out of control. Synthol use was also eventually alleged when his delts seemed to have tumours at the NOC.

The last time he competed was at last years Toronto where he was reportedly sweating profusely and struggling to breathe. Defying all expectations, Greg Kovacs is still alive and even "competing". The same can not be said of our other 400 lbs behemoth.

Trevor Smith (RIP)

At an amazing reported 415 lbs at 6'1, Trevor Smith seemed the new evolution of Kovacs. Claiming to be less than 10% body fat, he allegedly gained his enormous bulk from lifting like a fiend and eating like a family of 6.

" One day I was really hungry and ate like 50 pieces of sushi at my favorite sushi place and after that night and the 2 gallons of Gatorade I consumed (no bullshit, just ask my wife... my appetite for solid food is very small most of the time, but in terms of liquids I am like a camel), between the hours of 10:00pm and 4:00am my weight the next morning was around 420 lbs. from all the water retention that I got from eating gobs and gobs of sushi and the Gatorade"

Though there are no pictures of him with out a shirt, his strength is somewhat documented. The following is a picture of him inclining 675 in the smith rack like Greg.

Unfortunately, Trevor Smith passed away last year. Though his cause of death was unrealeased, many wiull assume it was due to his massive size. Since not much else is known about Trevor's strength or what he looked like on a stage, he remains a mystery.

BOTTOM LINE: Though Trevor Smith was heavier than Kovacs, he was largely unproven. Though Kovacs looks like shit these days, he used to be impressive. It seems that the only perc of winning this comparison is that he's at least still alive.

The moral is that if you want to get HUGE you need to take Cell Tech and lots of it

Careful Johnnie, not too much . . .

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Greg Kovacs vs. Trevor Smith
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »
Yeah Kovacs used to at least look somewhat like a bodybuilder....but not now...wtf happened to him.

SpankyCapone

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • shake till yo calf hurts
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 12:19:30 PM »
Trevor Smith? hahahahahaha, oh brother

When he wasnt lying about being a natural 330lb bodybuilder, he was busy investing £50,000 of his life savings into the U.S wing of a supplement company owned by con man (and bullshit steroid guru) Paul 'the conning kike' Borresen

LOL, Smith lost it all, the dumb fuck

I mean, Paul Borresen, a drug addicted con man? WHO KNEW? I MEAN, REALLY!!!

Stupid cunts, both of them now dead of course, but hey, being a fat cunt off your tits on Winstrol and ministry of defence morphine will do that to you, lol

Fuck them

This posting is © by
Dan Duchaine, 2006
bollocks

Kaliym73

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 12:59:34 PM »
Kovacs was a beast when it came to lifting heavy weight, but he was too big for his own good and as a result he lost all of his shape and form.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »
 What was Trevor's actual body fat percentage? Closer to 15%?

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »
come on they both look like shit.smith and kovacs had shittty ass bodies.kovacs had a gut bigger than his chest and yes claiming does not mean u r big.u also have 2 prove.doing 600 plus bench presses on the smith machine is much easier than doing a 400 plus pound bench press.aleast kovacs had the guts 2 compete in his shitty body,smith on the other hand was just a loud mouth dick head claiming that he was 400lbs and stuff like that..he was fat sloband ronnie dwarfs smith.smith is wearing a tight t-shirt and ronnie in a loose shirt and still ronnie smokes him out.smith was just a wanna b who wanted 2 become famous without proving anything that he was a real bodybuilder.he and kovacs and an another wannabe vic richards just critised bodybuilding and sayin the 'system' was wrong..they r all alike.all crappy assholes with no past,present or the future......they were truly the real fakes of bodybuilding.
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 01:30:18 PM »
"fat guys in little coats.....fat guys in little coats...."

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 01:39:41 PM »
 United by their undying love for the Smith Machine.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »
I always found it strange Trevor never showed his body.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »

Most guys in the bodybuilding industry take every available chance to pose in cut-off jean shorts and suspenders.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 01:56:54 PM »

Most guys in the bodybuilding industry take every available chance to pose in cut-off jean shorts and suspenders.
and you jizz all over every last picture.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 05:12:45 PM »
  I was going to say the same thing...you won't find a pic with Trevor's shirt off.
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 10:39:31 PM »
Maybe he has shittier physique than Kovac
I am a mini beast

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 11:01:04 PM »
Maybe he has shittier physique than Kovac

sorry...that's not possible.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 11:13:20 PM »
if you could count, you'd see that was 8 plates on the smith and thus 765, not 675. of course thats all pointless because no one, NO ONE, has ever actually seen trevor train, and his video was never released. not only that, but there isnt one picture of him lifting freeweights. anyone who has a picture of trevor holding any kind of heavy free weights gets a hundred dollars not counting the pic of him sitting with 150 pound dumbbells. if you can find a picture of him lifting any of those weights on the smith without a pair of spotters holding both ends of the bar you get fifty.

his video tape was supposed to have him doing things like 8 plates on incline and 7 plates for shoulder presses, 2000 pounds on a squat machine that was "harder than the real thing" and 150 pound side raises. after the preview was on his website complete with pictures that proved the filming was done, we waited for over two years for the finished product to never get released. then, of course, he died.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 01:45:05 PM »
if you could count, you'd see that was 8 plates on the smith and thus 765, not 675. of course thats all pointless because no one, NO ONE, has ever actually seen trevor train, and his video was never released. not only that, but there isnt one picture of him lifting freeweights. anyone who has a picture of trevor holding any kind of heavy free weights gets a hundred dollars not counting the pic of him sitting with 150 pound dumbbells. if you can find a picture of him lifting any of those weights on the smith without a pair of spotters holding both ends of the bar you get fifty.

his video tape was supposed to have him doing things like 8 plates on incline and 7 plates for shoulder presses, 2000 pounds on a squat machine that was "harder than the real thing" and 150 pound side raises. after the preview was on his website complete with pictures that proved the filming was done, we waited for over two years for the finished product to never get released. then, of course, he died.

Are you suggesting that he commited suicide to avoid completing the video?  ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2022, 04:02:48 PM »
United by their undying love for the Smith Machine.

LOL This is a great statement 😃

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 04:23:53 PM »

LOL This is a great statement 😃

Who was this gimmick? He was a good poster

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2022, 06:14:26 PM »
RIP Trevor Smith

RIP Greg Kovacs

RIP Paul Borresen

Lol all the mass monsters in this thread have died for us bitches.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2022, 06:53:37 PM »
Didn’t all these guys use nubain also?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2022, 06:58:53 PM »
Who was this gimmick? He was a good poster

I don’t know but I definitely recognize the name. Looks like he hasn’t posted in over a decade.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2022, 08:13:21 PM »
As a condition of my autism, I remember 90% of all events of my life going back about 30 years.

It's important for me to think about those things before the 30-year mark, so that moving forward, at least I will remember the memory.

On a similar note - going back just over 18 years, Greg Kovacs posted photos of himself at 385-lb on Chad Nicholls' now-defunct MuscleMayhem.com website when it was ran on the Ikonboard software.

I remember Zach_G85 replied "It's on!!! Gnnnnaaaaw!"

People were asking if Greg was bigger than Ronnie Coleman, and it was exciting.

Later the thread, Ron Harris said he'd like to see a pose-down between Greg Kovacs and Trevor Smith.

Greg then LOST HIS MIND. He was very offended by the comparison, and asked if Trevor was even a pro.

Ron recovered his statement by kissing Greg's ass, and Trevor was found dead in his home probably within three months from that.

Funny...I don't even remember THIS thread here...but Greg would have been annoyed by it.  :D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2022, 11:07:03 PM »
As a condition of my autism, I remember 90% of all events of my life going back about 30 years.

It's important for me to think about those things before the 30-year mark, so that moving forward, at least I will remember the memory.

On a similar note - going back just over 18 years, Greg Kovacs posted photos of himself at 385-lb on Chad Nicholls' now-defunct MuscleMayhem.com website when it was ran on the Ikonboard software.

I remember Zach_G85 replied "It's on!!! Gnnnnaaaaw!"

People were asking if Greg was bigger than Ronnie Coleman, and it was exciting.

Later the thread, Ron Harris said he'd like to see a pose-down between Greg Kovacs and Trevor Smith.

Greg then LOST HIS MIND. He was very offended by the comparison, and asked if Trevor was even a pro.

Ron recovered his statement by kissing Greg's ass, and Trevor was found dead in his home probably within three months from that.

Funny...I don't even remember THIS thread here...but Greg would have been annoyed by it.  :D

As if Kovacs was a consummate professional, who was diligently competing 2 or 3 times each year.

In reality, between 1997 and 2005 he competed a total of 5 times. Kovacs always placed poorly. Often placing last. He never made improvements. Kovacs was actually worsening each time that he completed.

Kovacs was lucky to be a pro himself. He never would have came close to winning the USA’s or Nationals during that era.

His underwhelming pro career:

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 03:06:54 AM »
Greg inclined 7 plates a side thanks to cell tech

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2022, 06:56:20 AM »
How did trevor smith get famous in the industry?

The other fat perma bulker dante was doing the TLDR articles at the start, but he stayed relevant by starting True Nutrition.