Author Topic: Dems fall in line on single-payer, as Sanders prepares to launch Medicare for al  (Read 1081 times)

Fuzzy Nuts

Sounds good.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Schumer and Pelosi will have Trump sold on this very soon

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
One thing is clear: America needs healthcare reform, and it is something that Americans want. We may not all be on the same page about what we want the system to be like, but we all agree that it's mostly broken.

I wish all these idiot politicians would, just this once, do what we elected them to do, instead of pandering to their base and trying to duct-tape a broken system together, while also installing just enough pork to get the masses fed to help their re-election campaigns.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
One thing is clear: America needs healthcare reform, and it is something that Americans want. We may not all be on the same page about what we want the system to be like, but we all agree that it's mostly broken.

I wish all these idiot politicians would, just this once, do what we elected them to do, instead of pandering to their base and trying to duct-tape a broken system together, while also installing just enough pork to get the masses fed to help their re-election campaigns.

Don't hold your breathe.   :-\

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

So far it ain't happening. They hate Trump more than they care about the country

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
So far it ain't happening. They hate Trump more than they care about the country

This has nothing to do with Trump and you know it. There's no political will from either side and no desire to work together. For fucks sake, these assholes can't even begin to agree on an agenda for discussion. Not that it's any skin of their backs; in addition to their nice, fat salary for doing nothing they get a healthcare plan that so fully covers everything that they even get free lollipops after a doctor visit!

I don't think Trump would meaningfully contribute to a serious effort at revamping the healthcare system. He hasn't so far, despite his pleas asking us to believe that healthcare was easy and he could deliver a beautiful healthcare system.

Even if it weren't for his, apparently, attention span, I just don't see him as someone who can sit down and master both the issue at hand as well as the ability to bring people with disparate interests together. Certainly he hasn't been able to do that so far.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but we're 9 months into this thing and I can't help but feel like I'm watching a reality show gone bad.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Schumer and Pelosi will have Trump sold on this very soon

Pretty sure Trump has been sold on single payer for quite some time now.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
The whole idea behind the poorly thought out Obamacare was for single payer. Might as well do it. We aren't balancing the budget anytime ever ... and I'm tired of paying an insurance tax while people who don't work go for free. Horse is out of the barn as far as trying to control costs.

Fuzzy Nuts

The whole idea behind the poorly thought out Obamacare was for single payer. Might as well do it. We aren't balancing the budget anytime ever ... and I'm tired of paying an insurance tax while people who don't work go for free. Horse is out of the barn as far as trying to control costs.
Budget should be balanced in no time with a couple of real numbers guys like Ryan and Trump working on it.