Author Topic: GGG vs Canelo - Discussion  (Read 12155 times)

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
GGG vs Canelo - Discussion
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:52:59 PM »
who here is watching this?

could be a great fight

my prediction
Canelo gives GGG problems early with superior speed and boxing skills but GGG slowly wears Canelo down and ko/tko late

the key is for GGG to use his underrated jab and bodyattack Canelo- no one went to Canelo's body b4

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: GGG vs Canelo
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
who here is watching this?

could be a great fight

my prediction
Canelo gives GGG problems early with superior speed and boxing skills but GGG slowly wears Canelo down and ko/tko late

the key is for GGG to use his underrated jab and bodyattack Canelo- no one went to Canelo's body b4

I agree with you.  If GGG is still GGG, I think the first 5-6 rounds will feature some intense back and forth action but by the 7th round GGG
will start inflicting real damage and will lead to a stoppage somewhere in the 8th or 9th rounds.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:58:07 PM »
Boxing years have caught up with GGG based on Brook and Jacobs fights.  Canelo is much better defensively. will catch a lot of GGG's jabs on his gloves, slip inside and reel of fast combos to the body, forcing GGG to shell up and reset like he always does.  Two of the judges are "A" side old heads along with Kenny Bayless referring.  Canelo just has to survive 12 rd for a robbery SD. 

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:22:47 AM »
Boxing years have caught up with GGG based on Brook and Jacobs fights.  Canelo is much better defensively. will catch a lot of GGG's jabs on his gloves, slip inside and reel of fast combos to the body, forcing GGG to shell up and reset like he always does.  Two of the judges are "A" side old heads along with Kenny Bayless referring.  Canelo just has to survive 12 rd for a robbery SD. 

Yeah, this is a massive factor. Both guys are super tough and durable, this is an amazing match up but I don't see GGG stopping Canelo. This will be a 12 round war, best fight of the decade with Canelo getting the nod by split decision.

I think after the fight most people will say GGG should have won but the judges are in De La Hoyas pocket and no way will they favour GGG. Golovkin will have to stop Canelo to win this fight.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »
Relatively easy night for GGG I think.  :D

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 01:35:40 AM »
apparantely conor mcgregor will face them both at the same time in the ring

i got a bet that it will last 4 rounds tops

Ssxa

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 02:05:26 AM »
Before the Brook and Jacobs fights I'd have picked GGG by late stoppage, now I'm not so sure. GGG gets hit clean a little too much and Canelos got really good power. I'm thinking it's a 50/50 fight, maybe a very slight edge to GGG.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 03:39:52 AM »
GGG should swarm him

hes physicslly stronger but how are his uppercuts power wise?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 03:50:49 AM »
It will be close but I'd fancy GGG by late stoppage. Both guys will stand and trade at times and that will favour GGG more then it will Canelo.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 04:38:06 AM »
Golovkin is the far superior boxer, better footwork, power, timing, angles, jab, better athlete, amateur's phenom, and yes even better defense, but you have to know what you're looking at to get it... Also stats don't lie, Golovkin is between the top-2/3 in the world at "hit and not getting hit"...

But maybe age can play a factor, as well as a long career, still i wouldn't look too much into Brook and Jacobs bouts, different opponents, mindsets and strategies... Then we have the usual suspects as judges and ref, the Vegas mafia that's going to favor the A-side Canelo, Kenny Bayless as referee, and two of three notorious corrupt judges, Dave Moretti and Adelaide Byrd...

Golovkin has to stop Canelo, or the decision goes to the mexican no matter what probably, or maybe it's a fixed sparring session to get lucrative future rematches, wich is a possibility also...

The weigh-in is also extremely early, giving Canelo more time to rehydrate and survive with added weight, exactly the same anomaly that happened with Jacobs in March... So Golovkin has everything stacked against him...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 04:51:13 AM »
I say Canello wins it and it won`t go the distance.

You heard it here first !!  ;)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 05:06:41 AM »
apparantely conor mcgregor will face them both at the same time in the ring

i got a bet that it will last 4 rounds tops

In the cage, one wonders how that fight would go.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »
GGG in da cage would do ok, trained in wrestling all through high school and I believe brown belt in sambo too. Plus he can hit damn hard.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 07:42:07 AM »
Golovkin is the far superior boxer, better footwork, power, timing, angles, jab, better athlete, amateur's phenom, and yes even better defense, but you have to know what you're looking at to get it... Also stats don't lie, Golovkin is between the top-2/3 in the world at "hit and not getting hit"...

But maybe age can play a factor, as well as a long career, still i wouldn't look too much into Brook and Jacobs bouts, different opponents, mindsets and strategies... Then we have the usual suspects as judges and ref, the Vegas mafia that's going to favor the A-side Canelo, Kenny Bayless as referee, and two of three notorious corrupt judges, Dave Moretti and Adelaide Byrd...

Golovkin has to stop Canelo, or the decision goes to the mexican no matter what probably, or maybe it's a fixed sparring session to get lucrative future rematches, wich is a possibility also...

The weigh-in is also extremely early, giving Canelo more time to rehydrate and survive with added weight, exactly the same anomaly that happened with Jacobs in March... So Golovkin has everything stacked against him...
x2 thats a pretty good assessment.  Basically thats how I see it.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 10:19:07 AM »
Also, i don't seen how Canelo can stop or even hurt GGG, unless the kazakh takes a dive... Golovkin was never even hurt in his entire career, amateur and pro, facing some of the biggest punchers around, Andy Lee, Lemieux, Stevens, Jacobs, Rubio and 168 guys like Bute and Andre Dirrell, all bigger and harder punchers than Canelo...

Canelo's power and ko-ability is totally untested at 160, and even at 154 he never stopped anyone at the top like Trout or Lara... He can finish chinny and/or smaller and/or shot guys like Khan, Kirkland or low-level guys like Smith, always having a massive weight advantage...

Yes, GGG can hold his own on the ground, although not high or elite MMA's level of course, but he trained wrestling and grappling too for years...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 10:29:56 AM »
Also, i don't seen how Canelo can stop or even hurt GGG, unless the kazakh takes a dive... Golovkin was never even hurt in his entire career, amateur and pro, facing some of the biggest punchers around, Andy Lee, Lemieux, Stevens, Jacobs, Rubio and 168 guys like Bute and Andre Dirrell, all bigger and harder punchers than Canelo...

Canelo's power and ko-ability is totally untested at 160, and even at 154 he never stopped anyone at the top like Trout or Lara... He can finish chinny and/or smaller and/or shot guys like Khan, Kirkland or low-level guys like Smith, always having a massive weight advantage...

Yes, GGG can hold his own on the ground, although not high or elite MMA's level of course, but he trained wrestling and grappling too for years...

both of your posts were 100% spot on. obviously you are one of the few people on this board that actual knows something about boxing.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:30 AM »
both of your posts were 100% spot on. obviously you are one of the few people on this board that actual knows something about boxing.
Thanks, it's a great sport but full of corruption, and recently xenophobia and racism...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »
Thanks, it's a great sport but full of corruption, and recently xenophobia and racism...

dont know much about GGG but frim the clips i saw he has incredible straight and hook power

hows his uppercut power in your opinion?

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 04:15:15 PM »
dont know much about GGG but frim the clips i saw he has incredible straight and hook power

hows his uppercut power in your opinion?

doesn't use the upper cut much

has a vicious left hook to the body, Canelo's left hook to the body is also a devastating blow

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »
I think this is the first boxing ppv I buy.  I like both guys, but would prob rather see ggg win and maybe someday fight ward.

I need to rewatch the Brook fight, I don't remember it being a poor showing, but this is one of the fights everyone cites when saying ggg is going downhill.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 01:05:07 AM »
I think this is the first boxing ppv I buy.  I like both guys, but would prob rather see ggg win and maybe someday fight ward.

I need to rewatch the Brook fight, I don't remember it being a poor showing, but this is one of the fights everyone cites when saying ggg is going downhill.

Ward isn't going back to 168, and GGG could just barely handle a big 160 fighter like Jacobs. If Canelo survives and gets all of his belts, he is toast.  Golden Boy won't give him a rematch and he'd have to fight for the vacant WBC belt vs Jermall Charlo. I have kid Charlo sparking him.  That's 2 back -back Ls like Kovelev

Piston jab and his power is attached to hand spend vs. GGG with no head movement, shells up against power and open all day for uppercuts like Kell Brook

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 06:29:30 PM »
Any links broskys?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »
Thx man!