Author Topic: 2017 Olympia - Press Conference - Jeremy Buendia Heated Exchange  (Read 14528 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Jeremy Buendia Heated Exchange At The 2017 Olympia Press Conference.
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2017, 12:34:55 AM »
Yes, life is rough for me having a physique and face like this.  Being the strongest and fittest person in literally 90% of the rooms I enter is extremely hard for me to cope with.  Having so many athletic and academic awards and strength contest trophies in my weight class that I can barely fit them on my living room wall on top of the over million dollars in real estate that I make a residual living off of makes my life incredibly difficult.

I went to 17 expos, most of them between 2010 and 2014 while most people on here couldn't even afford to pay for the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight.  ::)

And don't get me wrong - I'm serious when I say life is rough.  Trying to correspond and communicate with people so much dumber than me on a regular basis is difficult.  But otherwise - things are good.

And don't get me wrong, but see?

Again.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2017, 12:53:21 AM »
Ok, got it.

The thing is - I just don't get why guys get so absorbed in the whole culture, as if there is no more to life.  Sergio Oliva Jr. was in an post-NY Pro win interview with Dave Palumbo [not the one on the day of the show, but a Skype interview from his home] where he mentioned that he basically no longer friends with the east coast guys because they hate him.

I do think that the more you get hated on, the more it's because people think you post a challenge to them.  I think people tend to ignore those who would pose no challenge to them.  So in Sergio Jr.'s case, he is being hated on by Juan Morel and the other east coast guys because he is now at a level to pose a competitive threat to them.  They didn't like a west coast guy coming to their turf and bring crowned the King of New York.

Actually, I think everyone should watch Sergio Jr.'s content on YouTube.  He has a lot of interesting things to say about his father, and his childhood, and the current state of professional bodybuilding.

BUT...at the end of the day, I understand why people get addicted, and that is why I posted that newspaper clipping of me.  To continue to make the front page of the newspaper is something that I admit, I am a little addicted to.  So I get it.  I just try not to let competing become any more than a hobby for me - as the health consequences of taking it too seriously, especially with age, are just too high.

Oh, and lastly - I'm not trying to sound "intellectual".  I just post articulately and I have good spelling and grammar.  I didn't realize that was a problem on this board.  I apologize in advance for future posts made, devoid of spelling errors.  :-\

Since you brought it up, tired cliches are painfully inarticulate.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2017, 01:29:02 AM »
Would love to see you post things related to race and politics again Matty!

It's not that big deal!

Nah, I promised Ron.  :-\

Seriously.  I acted The Goof on here, and derailed thread after thread.  I can't recall who it was who said it, but someone wrote that it wasn't my content that was off, but the timing and appropriateness.  I agree, and had someone articulated it that well earlier, I would have had the actual constructive feedback necessary to improve my posting style.

Instead, I just had resident intellectual giant Hulkotron calling me a fucking moron in thread after thread.  Clearly my teeny brainpower that garnered me a 4-year undergraduate degree in mathematics was dwarfed by the immense processing power that is a product of Hulkotron's brain.  It was truly awe-inspiring to be immersed in so much maturity and brilliance.  ::)

Ron put me in Timeout, but took me out of Timeout and said it was because I bought him a Coke at the Arnold Classic.  ;D  Nice to know that you can get out of Timeout for basically $2.75 at a vending machine or the Subway downstairs at the venue of the Arnold.  ;D ;D ;D

So I just ignore race and politics posts on here.  If not, I get too tempted to speak on them, and while I consider myself very articulate, I have found that *finally* things are shifting culturally to the point that people understand that there is more to race relations than blaming everything on White people.  Now that things have shifted a bit, I feel less obligated to talk about the subject.  I guess you can say that I'm just happy to see the tide finally shift, and more White people defend themselves.  I'm so sick of White Guilt being the only valid position a White person can hold, other than neutrality.  ::)

you as a legendary GetBigger do remember that almost every post made by you me, and everyone else typically reeks of some kind of sarcasm right?

When getting trashed comprises so much of my life simply for holding rational positions on the topic of race, it grows exhausting at times - not so much emotionally exhausting anymore, as I have learned not to take it as personally as I once did, but still, very tiring.  Just for having positions that are deemed "controversial", when in my book, they just amount to stating the obvious.

Were you "Millhouse" on MuscleMayhem?

Just one thing - on my bodybuilding website, Bodybuilding Pro.com, I have supplement reviews and DVD reviews dating back to 2002, when I was 20.  I have literally reviewed dozens of bodybuilding DVDs, and something like 287 supplements [mostly protein powders and pre-workouts where the only aspect to the review was overall nutritional quality, taste, and price].  I wrote long in-depth articles on a variety of bodybuilding topics, and in 2005, I had the opportunity to work for MuscleMag - although I felt it was out of my league at the time and did not pursue it.  Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to work for Muscular Development, but someone [I think Vince Goodrum] told Ron Harris that I was "racist", and thus I was denied the position.  ::)

I did talk to another major bodybuilding website, whose name I will NOT mention, that gave me the opportunity to work for them, and I have dozens of articles on GMV and Bodybuilding.com:

http://www.gmv.com.au/default.asp?pageid=NEWSARICLES&template=NEWS&nid=199&cnid=7&site=1

https://www.bodybuilding.com/author/matt-canning

I realize that anyone can contribute to Bodybuilding.com, but my point is - I have written hundreds of articles, gone to dozens of expos and other contests, met dozens of serious competitors, was on a first name basis with King Kamali, Nasser El Sonbaty, Phil Heath, Milos Sarcev, Tad the Diet Couch, and many more, and I get trashed by people with the user name "Hulkotron" Getbig, who is 230-lb and bench presses 265.  On top of that, I have been competing in local strength competitions for the past 11 years, and have had podium finishes in my weight class many times - a city of over 100,000 people that had 6 of the 13 competitors of Ontario's Strongest Man in 2013.

Exactly what do you have to do on this board to not get trashed?

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
Re: 2017 Olympia - Press Conference - Jeremy Buendia Heated Exchange
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2017, 01:30:54 AM »
matt we need your race views because they're the RIGHT views, i'm betting

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2017, 01:35:38 AM »
Since you brought it up, tired cliches are painfully inarticulate.

I was speaking with the maternal grandmother of my children.  She repeatedly said "At the end of the day..." and made her point.  Finally, in a fit of annoyance, my little girl said "Stop saying "At the end of the day"!"

;D ;D ;D

At the end of the day, I just try to post discussions that are on-topic, be respectful, and not trash anyone without cause.

Moving forward, I will post less about myself, and try to keep posts shorter.  I don't intend to do that 100% of the time, but I expect to be a respectful, contributing member of the board.  That's what I think I have been, so I don't understand Hulkotron's problem with me.

matt we need your race views because they're the RIGHT views, i'm betting

Yes, they were fact-based, so Ron had a problem with them.  ;D

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2017, 01:41:38 AM »
post as long as you want.

never mind me, i talk a lot of nonsense

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2017, 01:52:43 AM »
post as long as you want.

never mind me, i talk a lot of nonsense

I actually think you have a good point about keeping things short.  I think Getbig is the best bodybuilding board due to its freedom of speech - it is less censored than basically any other board.  I'm not sure if my long posts are adding to the quality, and I am striving to be a contributing member.

This was actually an in-person promise I made to Ron the last time I saw him, which was either the 2013 Mr. Olympia or the 2014 Arnold Classic.  I promised Ron I would post respectfully and on-topic if I were to come back to the board, and I am a man of my word.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2017, 01:55:34 AM »
Yes, they were fact-based, so Ron had a problem with them.  ;D

i think we might have quite a bit in common...

post them, guy!  you can do it in a respectful manner, too.

(i asked you about muzzies in the other thread, as a start  ;D)