Author Topic: Question: why was homosexuality taken off the list of psychological disorders?  (Read 2478 times)

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
Let's see if anybody knows...

(I do but let's see some gay agenda lovers' answers first)

Hint: tell us about how much science was involved in the removal

;)

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
Libtard Agenda to satisfy Generation nothingness needs... ;D

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
Political pressure

Eric2

• Getbig IV
I do not know, nor do i concern myself with it. The gay agenda however seems to fill much of the real estate between your ears. Sad really.
h

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
is every thread going to be about trannies and gay agendas?
"

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!
First off...I'M the sole reason you even know that it was taken off the list. I posted that tidbit of info and it blew your mind.

Secondly---you should be more concerned with what members here are really thinking about you and your obsession with homosexuality.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Let's see if anybody knows...

(I do but let's see some gay agenda lovers' answers first)

Hint: tell us about how much science was involved in the removal

;)

In 1952, when the American Psychiatric Association published its first Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, homosexuality was included as a disorder. Almost immediately, however, that classification began to be subjected to critical scrutiny in research funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. That study and subsequent research consistently failed to produce any empirical or scientific basis for regarding homosexuality as a disorder or abnormality, rather than a normal and healthy sexual orientation. As results from such research accumulated, professionals in medicine, mental health, and the behavioral and social sciences reached the conclusion that it was inaccurate to classify homosexuality as a mental disorder and that the DSM classification reflected untested assumptions based on once-prevalent social norms and clinical impressions from unrepresentative samples comprising patients seeking therapy and individuals whose conduct brought them into the criminal justice system.

In recognition of the scientific evidence,[150] the American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from the DSM in 1973, stating that "homosexuality per se implies no impairment in judgment, stability, reliability, or general social or vocational capabilities." After thoroughly reviewing the scientific data, the American Psychological Association adopted the same position in 1975, and urged all mental health professionals "to take the lead in removing the stigma of mental illness that has long been associated with homosexual orientations." The National Association of Social Workers has adopted a similar policy.

Thus, mental health professionals and researchers have long recognized that being homosexual poses no inherent obstacle to leading a happy, healthy, and productive life, and that the vast majority of gay and lesbian people function well in the full array of social institutions and interpersonal relationships.[2]
A

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
You Forgot to Say:

6 Reps

• Getbig IV

Nelson,
Not sure if you looked at any of the other gay threads on this board (which don't belong here imo) and seen the voluminous posts by Top Poodle, it is clear this person is pathologically obsessed with male homosexuality.  He/she doesn't seem to express much about female homosexuality.   The poster rangerwil thinks Top Poodle is a severely closeted gay man.  Which may plausibly be true.  If so, from the volume and extent of his posts, Top Poodle is seriously deranged individual.
6 Reps

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.

Only the good ones

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.

In 1952, when the American Psychiatric Association published its first Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, homosexuality was included as a disorder. Almost immediately, however, that classification began to be subjected to critical scrutiny in research funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. That study and subsequent research consistently failed to produce any empirical or scientific basis for regarding homosexuality as a disorder or abnormality, rather than a normal and healthy sexual orientation. As results from such research accumulated, professionals in medicine, mental health, and the behavioral and social sciences reached the conclusion that it was inaccurate to classify homosexuality as a mental disorder and that the DSM classification reflected untested assumptions based on once-prevalent social norms and clinical impressions from unrepresentative samples comprising patients seeking therapy and individuals whose conduct brought them into the criminal justice system.

In recognition of the scientific evidence,[150] the American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from the DSM in 1973, stating that "homosexuality per se implies no impairment in judgment, stability, reliability, or general social or vocational capabilities." After thoroughly reviewing the scientific data, the American Psychological Association adopted the same position in 1975, and urged all mental health professionals "to take the lead in removing the stigma of mental illness that has long been associated with homosexual orientations." The National Association of Social Workers has adopted a similar policy.

Thus, mental health professionals and researchers have long recognized that being homosexual poses no inherent obstacle to leading a happy, healthy, and productive life, and that the vast majority of gay and lesbian people function well in the full array of social institutions and interpersonal relationships.[2]

Lol wrong

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!
SAYS YOU

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Nelson,
Not sure if you looked at any of the other gay threads on this board (which don't belong here imo) and seen the voluminous posts by Top Poodle, it is clear this person is pathologically obsessed with male homosexuality.  He/she doesn't seem to express much about female homosexuality.   The poster rangerwil thinks Top Poodle is a severely closeted gay man.  Which may plausibly be true.  If so, from the volume and extent of his posts, Top Poodle is seriously deranged individual.
6 Reps

you should right click view image at my avatar

"

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV

Good point

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Juden

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
SAYS YOU

And A Whole Lot of US!!....FAG!!...(No Homo!) ;D

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
I do not know, nor do i concern myself with it. The gay agenda however seems to fill much of the real estate between your ears. Sad really.

agreed. tiresome.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
two grown men falling in love with eachother - perfectly fine.
two grown women falling in love with eachother - perfectly fine.
a grown woman and a grown man falling in love with eachother  - perfectly fine.

a grown man obessessing over men falling in love with eachother, or women falling in love with eachother  - mental illness.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
two grown men falling in love with eachother - perfectly fine.
two grown women falling in love with eachother - perfectly fine.
a grown woman and a grown man falling in love with eachother  - perfectly fine.

a grown man obessessing over men falling in love with eachother, or women falling in love with eachother  - mental illness.

lol @ "love"

gays dont fall in love, LMFAO, they're the most polygamous disgusting fagg0ts to ever walk the earth

a "committed" relationship for a monogamous gay couple involves 5-7 affairs a year

(and monogamous gay couples make up just 10 percent of gays)

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
what theyre doing is perfectly fine, understandable, reasonable, explainable, natural and normal.

i dont think the same can be said for people obsessesing about them doing it though. i really dont.

there's thousands of things people can think about, and yet, when homosexuals is the only thing on your mind thats saying something... and it is not good.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
what theyre doing is perfectly fine, understandable, reasonable, explainable, natural and normal.

im cracking up here, this is great