Author Topic: 2017 Olympia - Big Ramy has reached his peak  (Read 10444 times)

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: Big Ramy has reached his peak
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
Bonac is a lot older than I thought too.  I thought he was a young/new guy but evidently he's 35?

http://www.greatestphysiques.com/william-bonac/

But with the Olympia , the YOUNGER you are the more at risk of death you become

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »
I think he can get better. In his lower body, specifically. I know it sounds crazy cause his quads are insanely big, but his hamstrings need a better drop and way more separation in the quads. I think if he can bring out the quad feathering and separation, get bigger hamstrings and dry out like he did last year with Aceto, he will win.

With all due respect, if Ramy did exactly as you suggest, cynic that I am, I don't think he'd win.  I think Jim Manion and Steve Weinberger simply don't want him as Mr Olympia.  The only way they'd let him win is if Phil drops out and everyone else looks unusually awful.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: 2017 Olympia - Big Ramy has reached his peak
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 06:58:36 PM »
Honestly I think he peaked his debut in the New York Pro, looked way better then.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »
I agree

I think ramy looked best when he won the NY pro

unfortunately palumboism is setting in his abs and arms- arms look smaller

he kills Phil in RLS!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 01:59:13 PM »
Honestly I think he peaked his debut in the New York Pro, looked way better then.

Hard to think he doesn't have one single sandow looking like that

WooShhhhhhhhhhhhh   Ta NAKA

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »
Pretty much outstanding size and still shapely.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 05:28:40 PM »
Ramy probably should have been 3rd.  He needs to come in about 10 lbs lighter.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:15 AM »
With all due respect, if Ramy did exactly as you suggest, cynic that I am, I don't think he'd win.  I think Jim Manion and Steve Weinberger simply don't want him as Mr Olympia.  The only way they'd let him win is if Phil drops out and everyone else looks unusually awful.

You might be right. But my point is he CAN get better from where he's at and where he's been. Its a matter of time, I think.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 06:01:14 AM »
You might be right. But my point is he CAN get better from where he's at and where he's been. Its a matter of time, I think.

He needs to drop at least 10 pounds, but Bader prob wouldn't allow that.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2017, 06:06:23 AM »
There is a point where size should overcome conditioning, especially if the bigger guy is in shape but just a few percentage points less conditioned.  Focusing on someone being a small slight bit leaner or harder only makes sense when all other things are equal, which they are not with Ramy and Phil.

Plus Phil's smooth gut and quauto midsection twin bursting out should be marked down.

Rimstinger

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2017, 06:13:23 AM »
Vince CEO, MSFT HIV LGBTQ said he grew too quick and that muscle needs to mature.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 06:26:01 AM »
I think that Ramy peaked at the 2015 Arnold Classic Brazil

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 08:42:14 AM »
It's amazing that it seems to come down to the back.
What about being destroyed from the front.  I'm not seeing this superiority in overall conditioning either. Phil looks smooth and glossy in the entire chest and gut area.

Same thing happened with Dorian and Nasser in 96 and 97. All Dorian had going for himself by then was conditioning and a back, which was enough to beat out Nasser and far more complete guys like Shawn Ray, who like Bonac was a few inches shorter than the rest. Nothing has changed in 20 years.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
Problem with Ramy = to much gear so he holds water. He listens to much to Bader who knows nothing about getting really shredded.
MIRAGETROPIN

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »
Needs to up the dose.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
If he didn't win it this year in the kind of condition he was, he never will..... unless Bonak (sp?) and Phil are out of the picture .

No Guru can do a miracle unless he wants to risk his health even further.... and still, that's his genetics

I wouldn't mind seeing him taking the sandow from Phil sat night the way he looked ..... but that's another story

WoooSHHHHHH   BE YE KE

He supposedly weighed in at 295, if thats true he lost because he hardness. Although separated, he was still a bit smooth compared to Heath and Bonac even Dexter for that matter. He placed second (IMO) on having a near flawless physique and being huge. Again, IMO, he and his handlers focused more on size and being 'Big Ramy" other than being "Big shredded Ramy". He comes down another 10-12lbs and no one would touch him. If he continues coming in this shape, Phil will win his 8th.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »
He supposedly weighed in at 295, if thats true he lost because he hardness. Although separated, he was still a bit smooth compared to Heath and Bonac even Dexter for that matter. He placed second (IMO) on having a near flawless physique and being huge. Again, IMO, he and his handlers focused more on size and being 'Big Ramy" other than being "Big shredded Ramy". He comes down another 10-12lbs and no one would touch him. If he continues coming in this shape, Phil will win his 8th.

He already did what you suggested... last year... 278 at prejudging. Looked bad. Flat.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 09:50:03 AM »
He already did what you suggested... last year... 278 at prejudging. Looked bad. Flat.

Yeah, everyone is hyping up last year but he didnt look that good

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 09:55:31 AM »
He uses to much shit. Maybe that or not long enough/long enough training. Something just does'nt pop and look cut enough. You can see it too. But its just that final touch of "something" and he will be mr o forever! :'(
MIRAGETROPIN

Simple Simon

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »
This is Jordan Peters from the UK

He is a huge guy but when he poses nothing happens, he looks exactly the same, Ramy is along the same lines..

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »
Tom prince was the king of muscle popping. A lot of these current guys, nothing happens when they pose

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 12:58:25 PM »

Then they need to go over his pharmaceuticals and correct his chemical imbalance. Seems 282-285 would have been just about right.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
http://
Tom prince was the king of muscle popping. A lot of these current guys, nothing happens when they pose

Yes yes! Tom was the ultimate king of this. To bad he disapeared. Anyone know how hes doing? Great guy. Also personalitywise. Even if he did lots of bain...

I have never seen hamstrings like Toms in bb history.
MIRAGETROPIN

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 01:03:54 PM »
the ifbb heads are a bit clueless. hardcore bodybuilding is dead in the usa. handing it to phil (despite his piss poor physique) does nothing to progress the "sport" and he's not a good ambassador, quite a prick actually. if they gave it to the rightful mr olympia i.e. big ramy, the popularity of bodybuilding would explode (no pun intended) in the middle east and asia.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »

This looked like a perfect Ramy

X