Author Topic: NFL in LA is a Big Hit  (Read 3808 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
NFL in LA is a Big Hit
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:32:39 AM »
Comparison of USC the night before vs. the RAMS playing the day after

Here are the Chargers playing in a 27000 seat stadium.  Cheers were louder for the visiting Dolphins.

Fuck you NFL for fucking over St. Louis and San Diego.  Hope your fucking league dies in the next few years.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: NFL in LA is a Big Hit
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:38:01 AM »
Comparison of USC the night before vs. the RAMS playing the day after

Here are the Chargers playing in a 27000 seat stadium

Fuck you NFL for fucking over St. Louis and San Diego.  Hope your fucking league dies in the next few years.

The Rams field pic looks like it was taken before the game even started. I heard it drew over 81k and the SC game was like 84k.

Stub Hub is a 35k seat venue.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:43:15 AM »
The Rams field pic looks like it was taken before the game even started. I heard it drew over 81k and the SC game was like 84k.

Stub Hub is a 35k seat venue.
Rams and chargers combined drew 81k

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 06:44:04 AM »
The NFL is the main sport i follow but their greed is destroying the sports enjoyment for fans.  

They turn every issue into a pr nightmare.

The "need" for publicly funded stadiums is insulting, and leaving long standing fanbases, well supported communities is an absolute joke.

It is a business and the owners are entitled to run it any way the see fit, but do be shocked that  you Wil end up alienating your fan base.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:45:12 AM »
Estádio do Maracanã.

attendance 199,854 in the final game of 1950 world cup.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 06:55:07 AM »

Those numbers are tickets sold, not attendance.  Both games were on TV and the stadiums were half empty.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »

Really? I read it quickly so you're probably right . Damn

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:00:37 AM »
From what I heard on an LA radio, Los Angeles residents are pissed off at the NFL and TV viewship is down.  The reason is they are now forced to watch the RAMS and Chargers on TV where before they would get a premium game.  So instead of getting to watch Dallas vs. Denver, they had to watch Rams vs. Washington.  So they're stuck watching two loser teams on TV now.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 07:21:32 AM »
It's the beginning of the end for pro sports. The casual fan just isn't there anymore with the Internet providing other options. The future is more about niche markets.

The media tried to blame this on the hurricane. C'mon.

NFL TV Ratings Slump Again - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-13/nfl-tv-ratings-slump-again-as-hurricane-coverage-steals-viewers

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 08:06:50 AM »
It's the beginning of the end for pro sports. The casual fan just isn't there anymore with the Internet providing other options. The future is more about niche markets.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-13/nfl-tv-ratings-slump-again-as-hurricane-coverage-steals-viewers

While other major business used the internet to help them, pro sports seems to be allowing it to hurt them.  The internet for pro sports has allowed the dick heads to have a platform to talk shit and do nothing to help the image of the leagues.  As you mentioned people are cutting the cable so viewership is down.  Instead of being forced to watch a game they don't want, they turn the TV off, go online and get a live feed of a team they like.  The NFL is failing to see how TV networks are dinosaurs and are refusing to leave them.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 08:10:00 AM »
I was watching the game live. The crowd cheered the loudest, when the China man missed his second field goal of the game (he should be cut) and the Dolphins won the game.

The "LA" Chargers are screwed.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 08:22:11 AM »
I was watching the game live. The crowd cheered the loudest, when the China man missed his second field goal of the game (he should be cut) and the Dolphins won the game.

The "LA" Chargers are screwed.

They thought choosing a Korean would help get more fans since they're in LA with a shit load of Asians.

I read that the Chargers are stuck now.

They spent $65 total in moving expenses , new building, new workout facility etc...

They are on the hook for $600 million in relocation fees.

Even if their value goes up being in LA, if they sell before 2021 they have to give the other owners 20% of their profit.  It then goes to 10% after 5 years, then dips 1% a year after that.  So basically they can't even sell in the next 10 years without losing money.   Some people think someone will buy them and move them back to San Diego.  That won't happen because of the $600 relocation fee.
Also the Chargers played for free in San Diego's stadium.  In LA it's going to cost them about $10-15 million per game

Fucking greedy fuckers.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »
While I'm banging on the NFL in LA, once the NBA season starts, all LA publications will only talk about the Lakers and Clippers. Especially with Lonzo Ball playing in LA.  This will be the only NFL city where the NFL is in second place in the news.
If Lebron goes to LA next year as rumored, they won't even give a fuck about the NFL.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 08:40:14 AM »
Just wait until the Raiders move to Los Vegas. There is no loyalty to the fans.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
Estádio do Maracanã.

attendance 199,854 in the final game of 1950 world cup.

WOW!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 09:24:58 AM »
WOW!

That 199K is official but think how many sneaked in and didn't pay.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »

Exactly. Used to be the only sports or activities  you could follow regularly  were what the networks wanted to show you. Non mainstream sports, for example, were hardly ever covered. With the net you can follow anything - from curling (the ice sport) to cycling to synchronized swimming practically 24/7.  All for free. Just a good internet connection. So viewers have so many more choices on what they spend their time watching.

Throw in the idiotic behavior of some players in the NFL, over saturation of games on TV and a new generation of viewers who grew up playing video games and surfing the web, and you have a recipe for disaster for sports like the NFL.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 09:52:45 AM »
Exactly. Used to be the only sports or activities  you could follow regularly  were what the networks wanted to show you. Non mainstream sports, for example, were hardly ever covered. With the net you can follow anything - from curling (the ice sport) to cycling to synchronized swimming practically 24/7.  All for free. Just a good internet connection. So viewers have so many more choices on what they spend their time watching.

Throw in the idiotic behavior of some players in the NFL, over saturation of games on TV and a new generation of viewers who grew up playing video games and surfing the web, and you have a recipe for disaster for sports like the NFL.

The NFL is a shit sport, although I am guilty of watching the superbowl. However, I do not watch it otherwise. People could be doing a lot more productive things on a Sunday afternoon instead of watching football, like posting on getbig.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »
The NFL is a shit sport, although I am guilty of watching the superbowl. However, I do not watch it otherwise. People could be doing a lot more productive things on a Sunday afternoon instead of watching football, like posting on getbig.

This is your opinion....but of course you're going to think you're right and everyone that opposes you is wrong.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 11:49:13 AM »
Motherf**k the NFL and all it's players.  Go bankrupt you ungrateful phaggots.  Eat shit.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »

Add cost onto that list. When you go to one of these games, you're getting ass raped at every turn. From ticket prices to parking to concessions. It's just not worth it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »
This is your opinion....but of course you're going to think you're right and everyone that opposes you is wrong.

Of course this is my opinion. Who elses opinion is it going to be? I am the agent who is typing this.  ??? ??? Nonetheless, the lack of viewership, which is considered evidence, does show a decline in the NFL. The stats are the stats. There was even a decline since last year; as such, more and more people, NOT everyone, are finding football to be a waste of time. Hopefully the decline will continue and the NFL will be phased out, though I doubt I will see this in my lifetime.

Of course there are those who are still wasting their sunday afternoon watching football. That is their right.
X

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »
Goodell needs to take a knee and suck off all of the angry fans to earn back their trust.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 12:40:13 PM »
Add cost onto that list. When you go to one of these games, you're getting ass raped at every turn. From ticket prices to parking to concessions. It's just not worth it.

Parking at the stadium was $100 and up per car.  Yup.  Raping people

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 01:36:23 PM »