Author Topic: PIP Bernie Casey  (Read 2650 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
"

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: PIP Bernie Casey
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »
He knew who shot Cornbread.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 04:23:57 PM »
Never heard of him, but he invented the "peoples eyebrow" it seems.
PIP "inventor"!

(I'm too old for stupid films that were mentioned).
(I saw "Animal House" when it came out, so ya, kinda old)...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »
RIP gargoyle.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »
Born in WV. Great football player in his youth.

First black Felix Leiter in unofficial James Bond movie "Never Say Never Again" with Sean Connery and Kim Basinger.

Guy who ran the black frat in 'Revenge of the Nerds." Lets the white nerds start a chapter.

Starred in "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka."

For Star Trek fans, played a character named Calvin Hudson. He was a close friend of Ben Sisko who abandons Starfleet and the Federation to join the Maquis on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Good character actor.

Large body of work.

RIP.

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 05:58:23 PM »
He knew who shot Cornbread. Cornbread Earl and Me, remember watching this as a kid. Starred Jamal "Silk" Wilkes, NBA Hall of Famer with 4 rings.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »
was he saved ?
K

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 06:02:12 PM »

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
This movie scared the crap out of me when I was younger.  ;D

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 06:17:59 PM »
Bernie Casey, Football Star Turned Actor, Poet and Painter, Dies at 78  

Actor Bernie Casey, who appeared in such films as Boxcar Bertha, Never Say Never Again and Revenge of the Nerds after a career as a standout NFL wide receiver, has died. He was 78.

Bernard Casey was born on June 8, 1939, in Wyco, W.Va. He was raised in Columbus, Ohio, and attended Bowling Green on a football scholarship (he returned to the school years later to earn a master's in fine arts).

An elegant 6-foot-4 halfback and flanker, Casey led the Falcons to the national "small college" championship in 1959 and was named to the Little All-American team. He also excelled in the high hurdles for the track team and competed in the 1960 U.S. Olympic trials.

The San Francisco 49ers made Casey the ninth overall pick in the NFL Draft, and he spent six seasons with the team (1961-66) as quarterback John Brodie's favorite receiver. In one game in his final year with the team, he caught 12 passes for 225 yards.

Casey then spent two solid years with the Rams but shockingly retired in his athletic prime before the 1969 season, finishing his pro career with 359 catches for 5,444 yards and 40 touchdowns. Just 30, he wanted to concentrate on acting, painting and poetry.

Casey, who also starred in Cleopatra Jones and several other blaxploitation movies of the 1970s, died Tuesday after a brief illness at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, his representative told The Hollywood Reporter.

In the Warner Bros. drama Brothers (1977), Casey distinguished himself by portraying a thinly veiled version of George Jackson, a member of the Black Panther Party who was killed in what officials described as an escape attempt from San Quentin in 1971. His writings had inspired oppressed people around the world, and Bob Dylan recorded a song as a tribute to Jackson in 1971.

Casey played a heroic former slave and train robber in Martin Scorsese's Boxcar Bertha (1972), was CIA agent Felix Leiter (a recurring character in Bond films) in Never Say Never Again (1983) and portrayed U.N. Jefferson, the president of the Lambda Lambda Lambda fraternity, in Revenge of the Nerds (1984) and two follow-up telefilms.

In Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989), Casey played schoolteacher Mr. Ryan ("Who was Joan of Arc?" he asks, and Keanu Reeves' Ted guesses, "Noah's wife?"), portrayed a detective opposite Burt Reynolds in Sharky's Machine (1981) and stood out as the prisoner who protects Eddie Murphy in jail in the sequel Another 48 Hrs. (1990).

Casey made his movie debut in the sequel Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969) and then starred opposite Jim Brown, another recently retired NFL star, in ...tick... tick... tick... (1970).

And not long after he unexpectedly retired from the Los Angeles Rams, Casey portrayed Chicago Bears player J.C. Caroline in the 1971 ABC telefilm Brian's Song, the heart-wrenching tale about the friendship between Brian Piccolo (James Caan) and Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams).

On television, Casey played a minor-league baseball coach who could still hit on the short-lived Steven Bochco drama Bay City Blues and was in Roots: The Next Generations and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

A true Renaissance man, Casey also was a published poet as well as a painter whose work was exhibited in galleries around the world.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 06:52:29 PM »

Bernie at 55:00
Q

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 06:59:50 PM »