Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is he next with a bodybuilding comeback?  (Read 11056 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Shawn Ray - Is he next with a bodybuilding comeback?
« on: September 22, 2017, 06:48:17 AM »
Now that Kevin and Flex made their comebacks.......

Shawn Ray is the new Generation Iron guy  ( Wheeler is useless to GI now)

And R.Piana dead , GI needs to make noise/$$  with another "athlete "  but how ?

Shawn has increased muscle mass in recent days ......

Is Generation iron cashing in with Ray now ?  
Another movie ??

WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  LE VRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BSN

• Getbig IV
Re: Is Shawn Ray next ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 07:25:51 AM »
Neah.. is too lazy. For several years we've seen only his fat version

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
Neah.. is too lazy. For several years we've seen only his fat version
I wouldn't call him lazy, he just doesn't see the reason. From his teens to Fit After 40, he has been disciplined with bodybuilding.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 09:33:05 AM »
It's sad for me to see how it looks the shirt around his belly for years. There were and other former big bodybuilders .. Levrone, Flex, Yates, etc but they never looked like this after . It's about eating (decent) and training and the desire to look just good, simply. Shawn no longer has this desire.. IMO

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 09:49:37 AM »
I'm curious maybe Shawn Ray has something going on with his eyes or some shit remember he just trying to look cute in those ridiculous glasses that were played out in 2005

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »
It's sad for me to see how it looks the shirt around his belly for years. There were and other former big bodybuilders .. Levrone, Flex, Yates, etc but they never looked like this after . It's about eating (decent) and training and the desire to look just good, simply. Shawn no longer has this desire.. IMO
Awhile ago, before his dad died, he had posted his schedule which involved him taking care of his father and his family. And sure enough, it looked like a training schedule. So he has used the regimented discipline that he learned from bodybuilding and applied it to other areas of his life.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 08:46:03 PM »
1993 Guestposing.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Is Shawn Ray next with a bodybuilding comeback?
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 10:43:02 PM »

Shawn Ray would never make a bodybuilding comeback - why should he?

13 years as a top 5 pro at the Olympia, and now, he is done...  doing videos, commentaries, behind the scenes and reporting on the sport.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 02:33:26 AM »
Shawn Ray would never make a bodybuilding comeback - why should he?

13 years as a top 5 pro at the Olympia, and now, he is done...  doing videos, commentaries, behind the scenes and reporting on the sport.

I'm assuming Asia is his retirement hustle.  Does she have a real paying gig on Disney or Nic? By all accounts they have been trying to bill her as the next Beyonce.  I would suggest they put her in a group with 2 strong vocalist.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 02:45:50 AM »
I'm assuming Asia is his retirement hustle.  Does she have a real paying gig on Disney or Nic? By all accounts they have been trying to bill her as the next Beyonce.  I would suggest they put her in a group with 2 strong vocalist.

Stan mcquay has a daughter that can rival her, she does a lot of the dancing for j lo, Bieber, etc and Disney

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 02:48:10 AM »

Who cares, he might be a dick but he’s content on how he is living these days and happy while guys like flex has one kidney still yearning for attention and Kevin still living in the past

Shawn moved on with his health intact and has nothing to prove

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 03:13:43 AM »
1993 Guestposing.

You sure that's 93 not 1998?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 03:20:51 AM »
he will do the new york hot dot eating contest.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 04:00:34 AM »
Stan mcquay has a daughter that can rival her, she does a lot of the dancing for j lo, Bieber, etc and Disney

I didn't even know he had a kid.  Let me guess he is still collecting six figures a year training...

You could have had this gig, Flex.  ::) 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 06:31:42 AM »
Who cares, he might be a dick but he’s content on how he is living these days and happy while guys like flex has one kidney still yearning for attention and Kevin still living in the past

Shawn moved on with his health intact and has nothing to prove

Shawn is outspoken, but why the comments that he is a dick?  He denied me permission to interview him in 2007 by saying "Puff, puff, pass."  ;D  But he probably wanted to preserve his brand by only doing interviews with people of a certain social media or mainstream media reach.  In bodybuilding, I find that most pros will grand interviews unless they have publication contracts, because bodybuilding is a small industry, but Shawn is arguably a legend in bodybuilding.

He did give me his Fit After 40 DVD for free at the 2007 Arnold Classic.  And yes, he is outspoken, but so what?  I don't see what's wrong with that.  He knew he could back up his mouth with his physique, hence why he did the talking he did.  Again, I see nothing wrong with that.  Just my opinion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 07:14:43 AM »
Shawn is outspoken, but why the comments that he is a dick?  He denied me permission to interview him in 2007 by saying "Puff, puff, pass."  ;D  But he probably wanted to preserve his brand by only doing interviews with people of a certain social media or mainstream media reach.  In bodybuilding, I find that most pros will grand interviews unless they have publication contracts, because bodybuilding is a small industry, but Shawn is arguably a legend in bodybuilding.

He did give me his Fit After 40 DVD for free at the 2007 Arnold Classic.  And yes, he is outspoken, but so what?  I don't see what's wrong with that.  He knew he could back up his mouth with his physique, hence why he did the talking he did.  Again, I see nothing wrong with that.  Just my opinion.

He knew he could back up his mouth with his physique

What's that mean? He promised to beat Haney , failed , promised to beat Dorian , failed , promised to beat Ronnie failed. The guy won two fucking contests in 14 fucking years , yeah he never backed anything up. Shawn is the epitome of OVERRATED he only won two contests and he's marketed himself as exceptional , He had an excellent physique but put things in prospective.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »

No, that's not the reason.  Shawn Ray is just very reserved and is from that old school generation of bodybuilders where they don't wish to be taken advantage of.  
A

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 11:13:38 AM »
Shawn is outspoken, but why the comments that he is a dick?  He denied me permission to interview him in 2007 by saying "Puff, puff, pass."  ;D  But he probably wanted to preserve his brand by only doing interviews with people of a certain social media or mainstream media reach.  In bodybuilding, I find that most pros will grand interviews unless they have publication contracts, because bodybuilding is a small industry, but Shawn is arguably a legend in bodybuilding.

He did give me his Fit After 40 DVD for free at the 2007 Arnold Classic.  And yes, he is outspoken, but so what?  I don't see what's wrong with that.  He knew he could back up his mouth with his physique, hence why he did the talking he did.  Again, I see nothing wrong with that.  Just my opinion.

theres alot of personal stories about him back in his old days..... thats why nobody likes him... great physique, just a selfish backstabber..this is before he became a MD or whatever spokesman...and yes i believe he could do a "good" comeback. he didnt have that drug look to him like he overloaded his receptors.
real men= no rubbers

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »
Just spoke to Shawn earlier, he was round for tea and biscuits. He said he's currently prepping to begin his years training for the O

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
Holy smokes!  :o  I guessed he'd shaved his head due to MPB but I never realised there was a stage where was going around looking like this - thought he would have been too vain not to use a toupee.... fair play to him!

1993 Guestposing.

T

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »
Holy smokes!  :o  I guessed he'd shaved his head due to MPB but I never realised there was a stage where was going around looking like this - thought he would have been too vain not to use a toupee.... fair play to him!

theres a story about that guest posing pic... he went to that event and didnt want to pose.  the sponsor told him he had to guest pose or not get paid.... why else would u pay someone alot of money and room and board just to show up... he got mad and went on stage and posed but didnt want too... i could be wrong. thats what i read years ago...sure some vets on here can correct my story.(guest posing at a show not actual IFBB contest)
real men= no rubbers

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 12:18:25 PM »
theres a story about that guest posing pic... he went to that event and didnt want to pose.  the sponsor told him he had to guest pose or not get paid.... why else would u pay someone alot of money and room and board just to show up... he got mad and went on stage and posed but didnt want too... i could be wrong. thats what i read years ago...sure some vets on here can correct my story.

Hence the rictus grin clamped onto his face LOL   :D

(Full disclosure - on my phone I thought that shadow at the side of his head was hair, hence my comment!  I just looked at it on a bigger screen and realised my mistake Hahaha!  ;D

#evenbiggeridiotthanusual
#timeforaneyeexam
)
T

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »
 :)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 01:09:43 AM »
What's that mean? He promised to beat Haney , failed , promised to beat Dorian , failed , promised to beat Ronnie failed. The guy won two fucking contests in 14 fucking years , yeah he never backed anything up. Shawn is the epitome of OVERRATED he only won two contests and he's marketed himself as exceptional , He had an excellent physique but put things in prospective.

NO ONE could beat Haney during his reign. NO ONE could beat Dorian during his (even in his broken down shape POST-1993) and NO ONE could beat Ronnie at the time that Shawn was competing against him, so stop your bullshit comments. Shawn was an amazing talent and had a damn near perfect/flawless physique throughout his career. Politics and his 5'6"-5'7" frame kept him from winning. FACT.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 01:14:17 AM »
1993 Guestposing.

I'm pretty sure the guest posing wasn't from 1993. His head was shaved and he had earrings in the pic. Shawn didn't have earrings or shave his head until after the 1996 Iron Man Pro (where he still had hair).