Author Topic: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers  (Read 33631 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2017, 11:31:50 AM »
NFL Owners to Discuss Policy on Standing for Anthem
A league spokesman said owners will consider player input on the issue, but suggested that a rule change would not require player approval
By Matthew Futterman and  Andrew Beaton
Oct. 10, 2017 12:35 p.m. ET

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-owners-to-discuss-policy-on-standing-for-anthem-1507653315

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2017, 12:24:38 PM »
Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’
Kansas City Star ^ | 10-10-2017 | Pete Grathoff
Posted on 10/10/2017, 2:38:53 PM by Snickering Hound

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday wrote a letter to all 32 league owners regarding the protests that have taken place during the national anthem, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported.

In the letter, which Schefter shared on his Facebook page, Goodell wrote that the “current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.”

Last year, former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat down and later took a knee during the playing of the national anthem as protest against racial injustice. More players have joined the protests and President Donald Trump spoke out against the activity in September and has continued to do so.

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters has sat during the playing of the national anthem at every game this season.

(Excerpt) Read more at kansascity.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »
Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’
Kansas City Star ^ | 10-10-2017 | Pete Grathoff
Posted on 10/10/2017, 2:38:53 PM by Snickering Hound

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday wrote a letter to all 32 league owners regarding the protests that have taken place during the national anthem, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported.

In the letter, which Schefter shared on his Facebook page, Goodell wrote that the “current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.”

Last year, former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat down and later took a knee during the playing of the national anthem as protest against racial injustice. More players have joined the protests and President Donald Trump spoke out against the activity in September and has continued to do so.

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters has sat during the playing of the national anthem at every game this season.

(Excerpt) Read more at kansascity.com ...

I think Trump helped make this happen by turning up the heat on them. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »

And their ratings being garbage.  Its not only that- Football has become boring to watch.  All the commercials and replays and bs.  The players seems to be mailing it in half the time.  There seems no urgency to the game at all like in college. 

This protest just was the straw that broke the camels' back. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2017, 05:20:35 PM »
Condoleezza Rice: NFL Players Must Voice Concerns Without 'Alienating' People

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said this afternoon that NFL players should voice their concerns about racial injustice without "alienating" people.

"We do need to get off this controversy," Rice told Dana Perino on "The Daily Briefing."

"Whatever the players were trying to do in drawing attention to these issues, it's gone another way now in that people have stopped listening to each other."

Rice said the players' goal should be to bring as many people to their side as possible and explain what injustices they are protesting.

"We have this birth defect of slavery. We have had a long history or racial injustice and trying to come to terms with it," she acknowledged.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told owners today that the league will consider a rule change requiring players to stand for the anthem.

The letter came out after Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones became the first owner to suggest repercussions for protesting the anthem.

Rice said she hopes Goodell's statement will help the league and the country move past the controversy.

Rice, passionate about football and once rumored to be a top choice for NFL commissioner, said she - like many NFL fans - wants to see Old Glory respected,

"I personally believe very strongly that the American flag stands for the millions of people who have sacrificed over the years," she concluded, adding it's a "symbol of the fact that we have greater freedoms" than any other country.

Watch her remarks above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/10/condoleezza-rice-nfl-anthem-protests-flag-should-be-respected-because-people-sacrificed

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »
These guys have ample resources to get together and work toward the changes they want.  Why don't they do that, instead?

Matter of fact, if they're so opposed to this nation, then do they also reject their citizenship?  Where do they think they belong?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2017, 05:45:33 PM »
These guys have ample resources to get together and work toward the changes they want.  Why don't they do that, instead?

Matter of fact, if they're so opposed to this nation, then do they also reject their citizenship?  Where do they think they belong?

I've taken over divisions where my choice was 1. Fix the problems and make the section better, or 2. Do nothing and move to a different assignment as soon as possible. I chose #1 and I don't understand people who think just leaving a country you believe has issues is the go to answer, but that's just me...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2017, 05:53:27 PM »
I've taken over divisions where my choice was 1. Fix the problems and make the section better, or 2. Do nothing and move to a different assignment as soon as possible. I chose #1 and I don't understand people who think just leaving a country you believe has issues is the go to answer, but that's just me...

Yes, well said.  It's like, let's see, America is a perfect slate for them.  They have everything they need to work toward real change, including their "star" voice and big fat bank accounts, and God help us but the only thing they can think to do is position their bodies in a certain way to try to say they're angry.

Um, Ok.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2017, 05:57:38 PM »
One of them should step forward and do something significant, and that's what might cause the others to follow.

Notice how none of them knew what to do, before, until Kap set the tone we now see.  Then they all followed.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »
Yes, well said.  It's like, let's see, America is a perfect slate for them.  They have everything they need to work toward real change, including their "star" voice and big fat bank accounts, and God help us but the only thing they can think to do is position their bodies in a certain way to try to say they're angry.

Um, Ok.

I guess we can pretend that NFL players don't contribute a lot of their own time and money to causes.. and then what you imply certainly makes sense. In fact, if we block out all the facts, this protest is ridiculous....except..   

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »
I guess we can pretend that NFL players don't contribute a lot of their own time and money to causes.. and then what you imply certainly makes sense. In fact, if we block out all the facts, this protest is ridiculous....except..   

I'd say those who do donate resources and effort are showing they believe in that cause (whatever it may be) which means they certainly haven't given up on it (that cause).

Could be, too, that no two of these guys are anywhere near on the same page with their "Fuck America" thing.  Something tells me they haven't even thought to discuss it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2017, 06:15:39 PM »
I'd say those who do donate resources and effort are showing they believe in that cause (whatever it may be) which means they certainly haven't given up on it (that cause).

Could be, too, that no two of these guys are anywhere near on the same page with their "Fuck America" thing.  Something tells me they haven't even thought to discuss it.

Fair assessment, I can't argue the specifics, but seems it's not a crazy opinion

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »
No doubt.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2017, 07:45:35 PM »

Trump won this battle hands down.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2017, 08:09:45 PM »

You do realize, I hope.. that you're opinion is worthless at this point. No one expects you to ever say anything other than Trump is awesome. not slamming you but it's redundant.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2017, 08:12:30 PM »
You do realize, I hope.. that you're opinion is worthless at this point. No one expects you to ever say anything other than Trump is awesome. not slamming you but it's redundant.

In this case did he or did he not?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »

In this case did he or did he not?

irrelevant. you're input is tainted, biased and worthless. nothing Trump could ever do that would get you to say anything negative about him and that is why your posts are meaningless.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2017, 08:23:46 PM »
irrelevant. you're input is tainted, biased and worthless. nothing Trump could ever do that would get you to say anything negative about him and that is why your posts are meaningless.

I see. After 7 pages it's now irrelevant...got it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2017, 08:30:12 PM »
I see. After 7 pages it's now irrelevant...got it.

Sorry, the guys wanted me to tell you.. you're blind support has hurt your credibility. Even Illuminati is willing to admit on occasion his view might not be unbiased. I have admitted my view might be biased. Most folks have at one point or another admitted they might not be all knowing. But not you... which really hurts your cause. I'm telling you as a friend. Do with it what you will

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
and it's been long before these 7 pages. 15 years from now you'll look back and realize I was one of your true friends..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2017, 08:57:11 PM »

He absolutely did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »

His opinion is absolutely correct. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2017, 09:13:36 PM »
His opinion is absolutely correct. 

can you specify which one?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:50 AM »
Goodell Moves Far Too Late To Cure The Greatest Self-Inflicted Wound in Sports History
DB Daily Update ^ | 10.11.2017 | David Blackmon
Posted on 10/11/2017, 8:04:49 AM by EyesOfTX

Hours after President Trump issued a tweet early Tuesday questioning the current tax subsidies received by the NFL, Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to team owners instructing them that “all players should stand for the national anthem.”

Goodell’s move comes more than a year too late. It comes after the NFL has lost 20% of its audience since Colin Kaepernick began his attention-seeking kneel-down during the anthem at the behest of his marxist girlfriend on August 26, 2016. It comes after Goodell and the owners stood silently by as Kaepernick’s silly sideshow act slowly gained imitators as the 2016 season went along, and after the dam literally broke and disrespecting the flag and anthem became a league-wide fad this season.

Goodell’s move comes after the NFL’s reputation as “America’s Game” had been tossed into the trash can. His memo comes after a month of acrimony between the league and the President, who has repeatedly urged the league to force the players to show a little respect for the country that has made them so fabulously wealthy and famous, and following Sunday’s walk-out of a game between the Colts and 49ers by Vice President Mike Pence.

The sad part of all of this is that it all could have been avoided had Goodell, on August 27, 2016, made a phone call to the idiot owner of the San Francisco 49ers, and instructed him to bench a single player for a single game if he would not stand for the national anthem. But Goodell didn’t have the sense to do that. Because of that, we have for the last 13 months witnessed what is without a doubt the greatest self-inflicted wound in the history of organized sports, a wound from which the NFL may never really recover. Tough.

(Excerpt) Read more at dbdailyupdate.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2017, 05:45:21 AM »
Michael Smith Sits Out ‘SportsCenter’ Episode After Jemele Hill Suspension
Real Clear Sports ^ | October 10, 2017 | Will Levith
Posted on 10/11/2017, 8:20:34 AM by C19fan

On Monday, ESPN suspended SportsCenter anchor Jemele Hill for two weeks after a series of tweets critical of Dallas Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones’ stance on standing for the national anthem—as well as calling for a boycott of Cowboys advertisers. The network said Hill had violated the company’s social media policy.

As you might remember, ESPN seemingly went to bat for Hill last month, after she slammed President Trump on Twitter, calling him a “bigot” and “white supremacist.” That said, there were reports that the network had, at the time, attempted to replace Hill on that evening’s SportsCenter broadcast, but received pushback from her co-anchor Michael Smith, among others.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearlife.com ...