Author Topic: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers  (Read 33653 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2017, 05:53:56 AM »
ESPN Host Compares Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones To A Slave Owner
AP via The Washington Times ^ | 10/10/17 | Bradford Richardson
Posted on 10/10/2017, 4:27:18 PM by Enlightened1

On the same day that Jemele Hill was suspended from ESPN for tweeting about politics, another network personality, Michael Wilbon, compared Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slave owner.

Mr. Wilbon, co-host of “Pardon the Interruption,” took issue with Mr. Jones’ stance that players who do not stand for the national anthem before football games will not play.

“And the word that comes to my mind―and I don’t care who doesn’t like me using it―is plantation,” Mr. Wilbon said on Monday’s show. “The players are here to serve me, and they will do what I want. No matter how much I pay them, they are not equal to me. That’s what this says to me and mine.”

ESPN declined to comment on Mr. Wilbon’s remarks.

The take-a-knee protests roiling the NFL escalated once again on Sunday, when Vice President Mike Pence walked out of the Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game, after 23 members of 49ers did not stand for the anthem.

Later that day, after his team’s loss to the Green Bay Packers, Mr. Jones told reporters that players who refuse to stand the anthem will be benched.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2017, 07:52:12 AM »
Good.   F these overpaid morons

Glad trump said it. 

I agree with Trump's OPINION on this, but here's the deal.

In this country we have a constitutional right to free speech and peaceful protest.
This means, some ass-clown can kneel or lay down during the national anthem .
As a fan, I reserve the right to think LESS of the pro athlete who does that.

I personally would NEVER do that and stand proudly with my hand over my heart.
BUT, I sure as fuk would rather live in a country that let's people choose their action.
As a former US Marine, I took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the USA.

This isn't Nazi Germany where you pledge an oath of loyalty to the "fearless leader" LOL.

FYI, your job or career should never be tied in with your political views or religious beliefs.
That's what ISIS demands along with the tin pot dictator of N Korea.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »
So if someone wants to wear a F Trump shiort to work daily thats ok?

I agree with Trump's OPINION on this, but here's the deal.

In this country we have a constitutional right to free speech and peaceful protest.
This means, some ass-clown can kneel or lay down during the national anthem .
As a fan, I reserve the right to think LESS of the pro athlete who does that.

I personally would NEVER do that and stand proudly with my hand over my heart.
BUT, I sure as fuk would rather live in a country that let's people choose their action.
As a former US Marine, I took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the USA.

This isn't Nazi Germany where you pledge an oath of loyalty to the "fearless leader" LOL.

FYI, your job or career should never be tied in with your political views or religious beliefs.
That's what ISIS demands along with the tin pot dictator of N Korea.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2017, 08:45:15 AM »

A similar issue was brought up suggestion the protesting NFL players wear some form of arm band or protest patch.
According to some TV legal expert, this would be a uniform violation and not allowed without a fine$$.

It seems that kneeling or sitting during the national anthem is ok and fully protected by the 1st amendment.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2017, 08:57:45 AM »

The answer to that depends on if you are the boss/owner or the employee.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
A similar issue was brought up suggestion the protesting NFL players wear some form of arm band or protest patch.
According to some TV legal expert, this would be a uniform violation and not allowed without a fine$$.

It seems that kneeling or sitting during the national anthem is ok and fully protected by the 1st amendment.

The first amendment applies .gov taking away your right to protest, not the NFL owners.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2017, 10:12:39 AM »

Not it isn't. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2017, 10:21:03 AM »
The first amendment applies .gov taking away your right to protest, not the NFL owners.

I sincerely doubt the owners want to remove every kneeling protestor from their team before taking the field.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2017, 10:25:37 AM »
I sincerely doubt the owners want to remove every kneeling protestor from their team before taking the field.

Meaning what exactly? That if the owner bans kneeling while a player is on the clock that is somehow unconstitutional?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2017, 02:04:03 PM »
Meaning what exactly? That if the owner bans kneeling while a player is on the clock that is somehow unconstitutional?

Nope, I'm thinking of something far more practical...winning the game.
Like it or not, some of the team's best players might kneel during the anthem.
Jerry Jones has threatened to bench any player that does so.

Let's assume some starting players do just that and he makes the coach bench 'em.
So, they lose big time.

Do fans support Jones and stand behind him in a principled but losing effort?
I dunno?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »

Let's assume some starting players do just that and he makes the coach bench 'em.
So, they lose big time.

I dunno?

Well tuff shit, I have to obey the rules of my employer, if I don't I get fired.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2017, 08:48:02 PM »
Michael Smith Sits Out ‘SportsCenter’ Episode After Jemele Hill Suspension
Real Clear Sports ^ | October 10, 2017 | Will Levith
Posted on 10/11/2017, 8:20:34 AM by C19fan

On Monday, ESPN suspended SportsCenter anchor Jemele Hill for two weeks after a series of tweets critical of Dallas Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones’ stance on standing for the national anthem—as well as calling for a boycott of Cowboys advertisers. The network said Hill had violated the company’s social media policy.

As you might remember, ESPN seemingly went to bat for Hill last month, after she slammed President Trump on Twitter, calling him a “bigot” and “white supremacist.” That said, there were reports that the network had, at the time, attempted to replace Hill on that evening’s SportsCenter broadcast, but received pushback from her co-anchor Michael Smith, among others.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearlife.com ...

Fire both of them.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »

So, they lose big time.

I dunno?

He has only threatened to bench any player that does in fake memes.. I've been off the internet for awhile, but I don't think those count

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2017, 07:25:52 AM »
He has only threatened to bench any player that does in fake memes.. I've been off the internet for awhile, but I don't think those count

Like most fans, I just want to be the best players on the field.
I honestly don't care about their personal beliefs or political stance.
They could bend over and spread cheeks before the game and I'd laugh.

Amazes me how Janet Jackson's Super Bowl titty flash caused similar outrage and backlash .

I think NFL fans should focus on the wife beaters and real criminals who get to play.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2017, 07:35:17 AM »
College athletes kneel for anthem because America 'not worth being proud of'
American Thinker ^ | 10/12/2017 | Rick Moran
Posted on 10/12/2017, 10:08:11 AM by SeekAndFind

Back in the early 1980s, some conservatives began raising the alarm about the rising tide of anti-Americanism in primary and secondary public schools. "History" textbooks became "social studies" textbooks. Teaching the incredible story of America's founding was given short shrift, inspiring stories of individual Americans were omitted in favor of highlighting our many faults and teaching a form of "social history" that concentrated on those who were oppressed in the past.

There is nothing wrong with teaching the complex and problematic history of America's past. But not at the expense of the truth. In fact, the amazing story of our founding and growth as a bastion of individual liberty and democracy was deliberately buried to inculcate a false consciousness about America to which few could feel pride.

After nearly 50 years of indocrtination, those efforts have borne bitter fruit.

PJ Media:

Two students at one of America’s most elite liberal arts colleges recently decried America as not offering “anything worth being proud of.”

In an opinion essay for The Oberlin Review, student field hockey team members Kennedy Kline and Ua Hayes boasted of taking the knee during the National Anthem at their most recent field hockey game:

When our field hockey team stood for the national anthem Saturday, it didn’t feel right. We didn’t feel proud to be standing for America because we didn’t feel that America offers anything worth being proud of.

Both Kline and Hayes are students at Oberlin College, currently ranked the 26th top liberal arts college by U.S. News and World Report. Comprehensive tuition is $67,917 for one year alone, not including expenses like travel and books.

Citing America’s history of slavery, Kline and Hayes justify their actions by claiming that their "blackness" supersedes their identity as Americans.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

WELL F YOU AND LEAVE YOU UNGRATEFUL POS!!!

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:16 AM »

Back in the early 1980s, some conservatives began raising the alarm about the rising tide of anti-Americanism in primary and secondary public schools. "History" textbooks became "social studies" textbooks. Teaching the incredible story of America's founding was given short shrift, inspiring stories of individual Americans were omitted in favor of highlighting our many faults and teaching a form of "social history" that concentrated on those who were oppressed in the past.

There is nothing wrong with teaching the complex and problematic history of America's past. But not at the expense of the truth. In fact, the amazing story of our founding and growth as a bastion of individual liberty and democracy was deliberately buried to inculcate a false consciousness about America to which few could feel pride.

PJ Media:

Two students at one of America’s most elite liberal arts colleges recently decried America as not offering “anything worth being proud of.”

In an opinion essay for The Oberlin Review, student field hockey team members Kennedy Kline and Ua Hayes boasted of taking the knee during the National Anthem at their most recent field hockey game:

When our field hockey team stood for the national anthem Saturday, it didn’t feel right. We didn’t feel proud to be standing for America because we didn’t feel that America offers anything worth being proud of.

Both Kline and Hayes are students at Oberlin College, currently ranked the 26th top liberal arts college by U.S. News and World Report. Comprehensive tuition is $67,917 for one year alone, not including expenses like travel and books.

Citing America’s history of slavery, Kline and Hayes justify their actions by claiming that their "blackness" supersedes their identity as Americans.

These assclowns have apparently never stepped outside of the US. Anyone who has actually spent anytime abroad has seen what real poverty is and is thankful for everything afforded to them by simply winning the genetic lottery and being born in the US.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »

PJ Media:

The USA was a divided nation long before the last 50 years.
As I remember , the least respect for maintaining  the UNITED states occurred during the 1860's.
It was called the CIVIL War .

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2017, 09:46:03 AM »
These assclowns have apparently never stepped outside of the US. Anyone who has actually spent anytime abroad has seen what real poverty is and is thankful for everything afforded to them by simply winning the genetic lottery and being born in the US.

I love my country and am proud to be an American.
I stand for the anthem and proudly say the pledge of allegiance .

But, I also think it's important to have a free and open society.
Nobody is forced to think or act like me, you or the President.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »

True dat

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2017, 09:51:32 AM »

Agree and I am free to ridicule these ingrates and boycott the NFL and wish it collapses and goes away altogether.

Most of these pussies in the NFL are there because of genetics and luck nothing else.  They think they have it so bad and tough in the USA - why don't they move to Ghana or guy or some onther place they think they will thrive more than they are here.  I used to be a fan of football - now F that - not giving one penny to these overpriced babies.     

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »

I personally don't give a shit what these guys do, its just more non sense to keep the peons fighting among themselves.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2017, 02:47:05 PM »
Agree and I am free to ridicule these ingrates and boycott the NFL and wish it collapses and goes away altogether.

Most of these pussies in the NFL are there because of genetics and luck nothing else.  They think they have it so bad and tough in the USA - why don't they move to Ghana or guy or some onther place they think they will thrive more than they are here.  I used to be a fan of football - now F that - not giving one penny to these overpriced babies.     

To be clear, I'm not with black lives matter or the KKK on  most social issues.
But the original purpose of kneeling was  protesting police abuse against blacks.
I don't agree with that view, BUT, they have a right to express it in any peaceful way they desire.
They don't want to leave America or disrespect our military.
Agreeing with their cause isn't the point here.

I don't agree with them kneeling. BUT, I support their right to be allowed to do so , free from harm.
This is America and we allow opinions and views to be openly aired in a peaceful manner.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2017, 02:52:11 PM »
I personally don't give a shit what these guys do, its just more non sense to keep the peons fighting among themselves.

I'm not a huge fan of the NFL, but I enjoy watching some good games.
Regardless of our views, the NFL is very popular with many Americans.

This is why Pres Trump chimed in and VP Pence walked out of a Colt's game.
If the NFL wasn't so popular, we wouldn't be posting about it.

Plus, nobody stages an effective protest in the middle of nowhere LOL