Author Topic: how do the restarants wash dem nice napkins n b sooo clean  (Read 1144 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
how do the restarants wash dem nice napkins n b sooo clean
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:02:33 AM »
i cant get my workshirts clean everr ffs
A

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: how do the restarants wash dem nice napkins n b sooo clean
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:08:44 AM »
I wish that the real Marty Champions still posted here

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:12:28 AM »
A lot use a service like Cintas that will pick them up and either swap out or industrial clean them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »
They get their napkins so clean by using a special ingredient called "soap."
X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
Ime restaurant napkins are not quite as absorbent as a cloth can be so I suspect some wax or lanolin admixture in the wash that directs the schmutz to the voids between the weave while armoring the fibres themselves.  Also napkins are usually white so they can bleach.

Super effective and economical, although not safest degreaser, is gasoline.  Turps for oil paints, obviously.  Methylated alcohol for acrylic paint and window cleaning.

Also depends on the material.  If you wear jeans then stop.  Denim is the stupidest material ever invented.  Change one tire and you'll have a slightly brown knee forever.  All cotton basically sucks for any item of clothing.  

Slow start but good discussion of water sheeting for paint on metal and piranha.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
Ime restaurant napkins are not quite as absorbent as a cloth can be so I suspect some wax or lanolin admixture in the wash that directs the schmutz to the voids between the weave while armoring the fibres themselves.  Also napkins are usually white so they can bleach.

Super effective and economical, although not safest degreaser, is gasoline.  Turps for oil paints, obviously.  Methylated alcohol for acrylic paint and window cleaning.

Also depends on the material.  If you wear jeans then stop.  Denim is the stupidest material ever invented.  Change one tire and you'll have a slightly brown knee forever.  All cotton basically sucks for any item of clothing.  

Slow start but good discussion of water sheeting for paint on metal and piranha.

What about "soap"?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:39:14 AM »
Sure but I figure he's talking about work-stuff stains that detergent didn't take care of.  I think Falcon does a lot of painting.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »

all my cotton tshirts look like filth after a fewmonths i wash em good but they never get clean
A