Author Topic: Buying my first AR style rifle  (Read 7989 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Buying my first AR style rifle
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
And why do you guys need these?  ::)
No need. Want

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 07:04:33 PM »
Need?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »
You don't need a gun. Just train up on judo and have 911 handy. Europeans do just fine without guns.

Yeah, Europe looks pretty awesome right about now.  Great example.

911 can't help you when shit goes down.  Cops come afterwards to outline the dead bodies in chalk and attempt to figure out what happened.

First of all, nobody really "needs" anything other than oxygen, shelter, water and food.  How much shit do you own that you don't really need?

Secondly, in America we aren't required to need something in order to own it.  Wanting something is a valid enough.

Third, they do serve several functions like recreational shooting, hunting, home defense and most important they can be a deterrent against government tyranny.

Lastly, go fuck yourself.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 01:16:55 AM »

911 can't help you when shit goes down.  Cops come afterwards to outline the dead bodies in chalk and attempt to figure out what happened.

First of all, nobody really "needs" anything other than oxygen, shelter, water and food.  How much shit do you own that you don't really need?

Secondly, in America we aren't required to need something in order to own it.  Wanting something is a valid enough.

Third, they do serve several functions like recreational shooting, hunting, home defense and most important they can be a deterrent against government tyranny.

I was just trolling  ;D

I'm pro gun and pro second amendment. I have 2 m&p pistols and a mossberg 12ga.

How do those anti gun libfags live with themselves?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 01:21:05 AM »
I was just trolling  ;D

I'm pro gun and pro second amendment. I have 2 m&p pistols and a mossberg 12ga.

How do those anti gun libfags live with themselves?

Then please accept my sincere apology.  Sometimes it can be hard to decipher the intentions of an expert troll.  I rescind my previous insult.

I understand that some people don't like or understand guns.  I just wish they wouldn't mock and coerce the rest of us into giving ours up.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 01:26:53 AM »
Then please accept my sincere apology.  Sometimes it can be hard to decipher the intentions of an expert troll.  I rescind my previous insult.

I understand that some people don't like or understand guns.  I just wish they wouldn't mock and coerce the rest of us into giving ours up.

I accept your apology, no homo.

I enjoy watching videos by nutnfancy, specifically the ones he made a few years back on gun rights. Does a good job explaining why they are important and gives good insight into the left and how they think. He calls them "the protectionists".

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 01:37:41 AM »
I accept your apology, no homo.

I enjoy watching videos by nutnfancy, specifically the ones he made a few years back on gun rights. Does a good job explaining why they are important and gives good insight into the left and how they think. He calls them "the protectionists".

He makes good videos, I like him.  I've been watching a lot of videos by Garand Thumb these days.  Not exactly the same as nutnfancy but valuable content from a guy with some training.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 02:33:47 AM »
Instead of asking here... Plethora of info to be found on YouTube. Hickok45 is my favorite, and should be your favorite too, as well as all 14 members of this forum.

Stay the fuck away from that sissy "YankeeMarshall" or whatever that piece of schitt's name is on there. Dude goes in the DoNotClick file along with whatever the fuck Jason Blaha channel is called over there

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 03:05:05 AM »
He makes good videos, I like him.  I've been watching a lot of videos by Garand Thumb these days.  Not exactly the same as nutnfancy but valuable content from a guy with some training.

Never seen Garand Thumb, but as a guy that’s put many rounds downrange with my WWII Garand, I appreciate the name a lot. That bolt has a bite!

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 03:34:43 AM »
I  have one, really enjoy it. I read reviews in the price range I was looking at and went with S&W.
(Plus the M&P pistol I have I really enjoy).

Some people are "one make" gun owners, not the case with me, plenty of good stuff out there.
I have:

2 - Glocks
1 - Taurus
2 - S&W's
1 - SCCY
1 - Jennings

Makes the range more fun when you have a few options...

I am mega jealous ,  >:(

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 03:37:44 AM »
Never seen Garand Thumb, but as a guy that’s put many rounds downrange with my WWII Garand, I appreciate the name a lot. That bolt has a bite!

Dangerous, lol.  You gotta love that "ping" sound of the clip getting ejected too.

Simple Simon

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 03:39:11 AM »
Dangerous, lol.  You gotta love that "ping" sound of the clip getting ejected too.
yes its similar to the noise a windpipe makes when you yank a scarf around it...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 11:26:45 AM »
Instead of asking here... Plethora of info to be found on YouTube. Hickok45 is my favorite, and should be your favorite too, as well as all 14 members of this forum.

Stay the fuck away from that sissy "YankeeMarshall" or whatever that piece of schitt's name is on there. Dude goes in the DoNotClick file along with whatever the fuck Jason Blaha channel is called over there

Yes Hickok is my favorite gun youtuber. I also agree about yankee Marshall, the dude even lives near me but I'm just not a fan of his videos.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
Piew piew piew!!!

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 01:51:50 PM »
Savage Recon. Good value for the money.

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »
Piew piew piew!!!

I have a .22 air rifle.

I bought it to shoot rabbits, I went and got a rabbit in the crosshairs, and thought, fuck this, why would I want to kill this animal just going about its business, I put the gun away and went home, its still in the wardrobe.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 06:35:11 PM »
I have a .22 air rifle.

I bought it to shoot rabbits, I went and got a rabbit in the crosshairs, and thought, fuck this, why would I want to kill this animal just going about its business, I put the gun away and went home, its still in the wardrobe.
Protein?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 05:18:46 AM »
My carbine. Browning BLR in .243 Winchester. More powerful than an AR with just about no recoil and flat shooting.

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2017, 05:30:04 AM »
My carbine. Browning BLR in .243 Winchester. More powerful than an AR with just about no recoil and flat shooting.
what do you shoot with it?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2017, 05:33:03 AM »

Beautiful!  I love classic lever actions.   :)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2017, 06:50:31 AM »

More powerful than an AR? You do realize you can get an AR chambered in 458 Socom or 50 Beowulf right? Just because it's an AR doesn't mean it has to be 223/556

Simple Simon

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »
More powerful than an AR? You do realize you can get an AR chambered in 458 Socom or 50 Beowulf right? Just because it's an AR doesn't mean it has to be 223/556

stop talking about something you cannot by law own...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »

99% of the AR platform is chambered for the .223.  I know there are wild cat chamberings.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2017, 11:17:59 AM »

THIS!!!!!!!!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »
stop talking about something you cannot by law own...

You can own those calibers all day long wtf