Author Topic: Michelle Obama slams women who voted for Trump  (Read 2904 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Michelle Obama slams women who voted for Trump
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:58:52 PM »
Because only a woman can represent the political interests of other women.   ::)

Michelle Obama slams women who voted for Trump

Fox News

Former first lady Michelle Obama leveled harsh criticism Wednesday at women who voted for President Trump, suggesting they voted against their own interests.

“Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice,” Obama told the audience during a talk at a marketing conference in Boston, according to Boston.com.

She went on to suggest female voters for Trump were just going with the pack.

“It doesn’t say much about Hillary, and everybody’s trying to worry about what it means for Hillary and no, no, no what does this mean for us as women?” she asked, as reported by the Washington Times. “That we look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, ‘He’s better for me. His voice is more true to me.’ To me that just says, you don’t like your voice. You just like the thing you’re told to like.”

Obama, who campaigned for Clinton during the 2016 election, was speaking as a part of Inbound, a sales and marketing conference.

When talking directly about Trump, Obama took a different tone.

“We want him to be successful. He was elected,” she said, referring to her and former President Barack Obama’s hopes for the current president. “When you’ve been in that position, you have a different perspective.”

Her former president husband, though, has been stepping up his criticism of Trump lately, including taking to Facebook to blast the decision to roll back his DACA executive action for so-called "dreamers." 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/27/michelle-obama-slams-women-who-voted-for-trump.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Michelle Obama slams women who voted for Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
she's on point

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:26:34 AM »
Just like Obama made African-american lives a dream.. ::)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:10:18 AM »

“We want him to be successful. He was elected,” she said, referring to her and former President Barack Obama’s hopes for the current president. “When you’ve been in that position, you have a different perspective.”

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 06:14:59 AM »
STFU mooch

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 06:54:44 AM »
By her words, she implies women should just vote for any woman who runs.

She should realize HRC was just a horrible candidate, regardless of gender.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 11:30:49 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 11:36:33 AM »
I'm sure those bible thumping fundies in Alabama didn't vote for Roy Moore because they thought only another bible thumping idiot could accurately represent their point of view

They probably just liked his Howdy Doody outfit

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 12:05:33 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:07:09 PM »
What about all the women who supported her husband against HRC for the DNC nod?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »
'Bite Me': Pavlich Sounds Off on Michelle Obama's Criticism of Female Trump Voters

Former First Lady Michelle Obama said women who voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election went against their "own voice."

"What does it mean for us as women that we look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, 'That guy, he's better for me, his voice is more true to me,'" Obama said at the Inbound conference in Boston on Wednesday. "Well, to me that just says you don't like your voice. You like the thing you're told to like."

On "America's Newsroom," Katie Pavlich said the issue isn't that women disliked their voices, but that they disliked Clinton.

"It turns out that there are a lot of women around the country - particularly in the Midwest, where Hillary Clinton failed to campaign - that believe in economic prosperity, jobs, rather than identity politics," Pavlich said.

Katie Pavlich ✔ @KatiePavlich
Bite me, Michelle https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/913139448254275585
10:43 AM - Sep 27, 2017

Or how about when Michelle Obama voted for Barack over Hillary? Did she "vote against her own voice" by not voting for a woman? https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/913429950287446016
6:01 AM - Sep 28, 2017

She said if Obama wants to continue insulting women who didn't vote for Clinton, she can certainly do so, but it doesn't seem like a very wise choice with Democrats in disarray and in need of all the votes they can get.

Jessica Tarlov agreed that Obama's remark was not helpful for the Democratic Party, and she expects that soundbite to appear in many political ads in 2018 and 2020.

Watch more above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/28/katie-pavlich-slams-michelle-obama-comments-about-women-who-voted-trump

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 10:14:16 PM »
'Bite Me': Pavlich Sounds Off on Michelle Obama's Criticism of Female Trump Voters

Former First Lady Michelle Obama said women who voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election went against their "own voice."

"What does it mean for us as women that we look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, 'That guy, he's better for me, his voice is more true to me,'" Obama said at the Inbound conference in Boston on Wednesday. "Well, to me that just says you don't like your voice. You like the thing you're told to like."

On "America's Newsroom," Katie Pavlich said the issue isn't that women disliked their voices, but that they disliked Clinton.

"It turns out that there are a lot of women around the country - particularly in the Midwest, where Hillary Clinton failed to campaign - that believe in economic prosperity, jobs, rather than identity politics," Pavlich said.

Bite me, Michelle https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/913139448254275585
10:43 AM - Sep 27, 2017

Or how about when Michelle Obama voted for Barack over Hillary? Did she "vote against her own voice" by not voting for a woman? https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/913429950287446016
6:01 AM - Sep 28, 2017

She said if Obama wants to continue insulting women who didn't vote for Clinton, she can certainly do so, but it doesn't seem like a very wise choice with Democrats in disarray and in need of all the votes they can get.

Jessica Tarlov agreed that Obama's remark was not helpful for the Democratic Party, and she expects that soundbite to appear in many political ads in 2018 and 2020.

Watch more above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/28/katie-pavlich-slams-michelle-obama-comments-about-women-who-voted-trump

read your whole post looking for the other view.. didn't surface

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »

Why? Most know liberals and liberal rags lie.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 10:58:53 PM »
Why? Most know liberals and liberal rags lie.

I'm intrigued. You're obviously an idiot about politics, and yet you are oblivious to this fact...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 05:44:18 AM »
Michelle Obama: ‘People Don’t Trust Politics’ Because GOP Is ‘All Men, All White’
Breitbart ^ | October 3, 2017 | Pam Key
Posted on 10/4/2017, 8:27:42 AM by C19fan

Tuesday at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women, former first lady Michelle Obama said when she attended the State of the Union address she would notice the Republican side was “all men, all white,” and that was why she argued many people of color “don’t trust politics.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »

What other view? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
Michelle Obama: ‘People Don’t Trust Politics’ Because GOP Is ‘All Men, All White’
Breitbart ^ | October 3, 2017 | Pam Key
Posted on 10/4/2017, 8:27:42 AM by C19fan

Tuesday at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women, former first lady Michelle Obama said when she attended the State of the Union address she would notice the Republican side was “all men, all white,” and that was why she argued many people of color “don’t trust politics.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

She and Hillary Clinton need to stay away from microphones. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »
She and Hillary Clinton need to stay away from microphones. 
No they are making it easier for Trump.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 10:46:23 AM »
RNC chairwoman rips Michelle Obama for 'false' claim GOP is 'all men, all white'
Brooke Singman By Brooke Singman, Fox News

The chairwoman of the Republican National Committee blasted former first lady Michelle Obama on Thursday for her suggestion that Republicans are essentially “all men, all white.”

“It’s unfortunate Michelle Obama would disregard the contributions of conservative women and people of all backgrounds with one sweeping, false accusation,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel told Fox News on Thursday.

The former first lady spoke at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women on Tuesday and said it was important to have different types of people to gather different perspectives, saying “we should be working actively to mix it up.”

Obama recalled visiting Congress for State of the Union addresses, and drew a stark contrast between the two sides of the aisle. 

“What you can see is this real dichotomy—on one side of the room, it’s a feeling of color,” Obama said. “On one side of the room, it’s literally gray and white. Literally, that’s the color palette on one side of the room.”

She continued, “On the other side of the room, there are yellows and blues and whites and greens. Physically, there’s a difference in color, in the tone. … Because one side—all men, all white. On the other side – some women, some people of color.”

Obama pointed to that scene and said, “No wonder people don’t trust politics.”

Not only is the head of the RNC a woman, but dozens of women and minorities are Republican members of Congress, including Rep. Mia Love of Utah and Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina.

In the 115th Congress, there are 14 minority Republicans in the House and four in the Senate. There are currently 24 Republican congresswomen and five female Republican senators.

The Obama comments came after the former first lady also angered Republicans by criticizing women who voted for President Trump

“Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice,” Obama told the audience during a talk at a marketing conference last month in Boston, according to Boston.com.

She was taking a swipe at a large swath of the population -- according to exit polls, 41 percent of women voted for Trump in November.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/05/rnc-chairwoman-rips-michelle-obama-for-false-claim-gop-is-all-men-all-white.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »
Dems doing what they do....putting people into blocks to control for votes...by rook or crook or guilt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 07:07:04 PM »
Michelle Obama’s condescending and disgracefully out of touch advice to job-seeking women
Liz Peek By Liz Peek, Fox News

Isn’t Michelle Obama adorable? She actually thinks she is a typical woman in the United States, and that she can speak for all of us.

Michelle says she has no interest in running for president, trying to shatter what Hillary Clinton called the “highest and hardest glass ceiling,” but she might consider bursting out of that elitist, condescending Beltway Bubble. 

Speaking recently at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women, Obama pushed women to speak up for themselves in the workplace. “Don’t waste your seat at the table,” she said. “If you are scared to use your voice, then you’ve got to get up and give it to someone who isn’t afraid to use the spot.”

Such good advice, coming from someone whose idea of hardship was graduating from Princeton University and Harvard Law School, and whose husband has always been there to provide for her.

To most women, Michelle Obama seems to have enjoyed a dream life. Married to a political supernova, spending eight years in the White House (which she once described as having “prisonlike elements”), moving on to a life of luxury and power; she has no idea how the real world functions. Her advice could get a lot of women fired.

In other words, she thinks women who voted for Trump did as they were told. And yet, isn’t that what Michelle is doing? Telling women what to think and what to say?

In 2014 she told the White House Working Families Summit how she once applied for a job at the University of Chicago Medical Center with her newborn baby in tow, and on the spot demanded flexible hours so that she could care for her growing family. She told her prospective employer, "If you want me to do the job, you've got to pay me to do the job and you've got to give me flexibility."

Doesn’t that sound like a terrific negotiating premise? I can’t do the job unless you bend the rules for me, possibly alienating my co-workers? Come on. Most women (or men) insisting on such special treatment would be shown the door.

“That was one of the first times I demanded flexibility,” Michelle says proudly about that early interview, as she exhorts others to follow her lead. For many of us who have juggled the demands of motherhood and work, the advice doesn’t ring true. It is the rare young job applicant, male or female, who can lay down demands, and women embarking on motherhood are typically more anxious than most to appear committed to their job. They need to be, as employers are understandably anxious about the competing demands on their time.

As a result, many of us put off having families until we were far enough along in our careers to negotiate some flexibility and consideration.

At the time that Michelle made that bold demand, her husband was a state senator in Illinois, and preparing to run for the U.S. Senate. He had earlier been a high-profile community organizer in Chicago, earning significant visibility within the city’s black community. Michelle initially worked at a top Chicago law firm; at the time she references she was being recruited to build the medical group’s community relations with Chicago’s South Side, where her husband had paved the way for her.

As the Washington Post revealed in 2008, Michelle Obama worked to redirect health care in the impoverished neighborhoods surrounding the hospital to local clinics, freeing up the Medical Center to care for patients with insurance who could pay more for the hospital’s care. The initiative was controversial; critics claimed the undertaking boosted the non-profit’s hospital’s bottom line at the expense of its commitment to the surrounding neighborhoods. To boost her efforts, she hired David Axlerod’s PR firm. Michelle Obama was perfectly positioned to manage this nexus of politics and business, helped by her husband’s status as a rising star in Chicago’s minority firmament. Hence, she had an excellent platform from which to demand special consideration.

She was paid well over $100,000 early on, which jumped to more than $300,000 when she became a Vice President, the year after her husband became a U.S. Senator. One of the earmarks the freshman senator petitioned for was a million dollar request for the UC Medical Center, which was never granted. Michelle had a strong wind at her back, named Barack.

Michelle has other advice these days – indeed, she is becoming the Edgar Bergen of our times, throwing her “voice” into the mouths of American women. Like the famed puppet master speaking for Charlie McCarthy, Michelle is spewing dictates, including recently telling women at an event in Boston “As far as I’m concerned, any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice in a way. . . . We look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, ‘That guy. He’s better for me. His voice is more true to me.’ Well, to me that just says you don’t like your voice. You like the thing we’re told to like.”

In other words, she thinks women who voted for Trump did as they were told. And yet, isn’t that what Michelle is doing? Telling women what to think and what to say?

I’m confident that, just like men, women will decide for themselves what they believe and who to vote for.  And they don’t need to be lectured by Michelle Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/11/michelle-obama-s-condescending-and-disgracefully-out-touch-advice-to-job-seeking-women.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
Seeing as though she never worked a day in her life and is a land whale - of course she is out of touch

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 08:53:44 PM »
She call Harvey Weinstein a great man. ::)