Author Topic: Vince's Video Blogs - Discussion and Updates  (Read 161596 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Vince's Video Blogs - Discussion and Updates
« Reply #950 on: August 01, 2018, 06:15:58 AM »
The internet is a very rich source for ideas, concepts, protocols or whatever you want to call it, but I meet so many confused people as a result. It was really refreshing when Stan Efferding started his series of car rants with this one. I think we should get rid of too much details, so bingo on the bold part of your posting.

Good one - the bottom line is that no supplement, magic workout routine, etc will or can replace showing up consistently, doing the work, not half assing the workouts and bsing others about it.  I love people who spam social media with bs studies and science this and that yey still look like garbage.   

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #951 on: August 01, 2018, 06:23:33 AM »
Good one - the bottom line is that no supplement, magic workout routine, etc will or can replace showing up consistently, doing the work, not half assing the workouts and bsing others about it.  I love people who spam social media with bs studies and science this and that yey still look like garbage.   

Are you calling out Basile?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #952 on: August 01, 2018, 06:58:13 AM »

Basile lives in his own little bubble, and he believes he is a genius mechanical engineer and bodybuilder, no matter what we tell him  :-\

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #953 on: August 01, 2018, 07:03:25 AM »
Basile lives in his own little bubble, and he believes he is a genius mechanical engineer and bodybuilder, no matter what we tell him  :-\

<lame alert>A XXXL bubble in his case (sorry ;D )

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #954 on: August 01, 2018, 07:27:48 AM »
<lame alert>A XXXL bubble in his case (sorry ;D )

but DP.... it is impossible to lose weight when you are old! At least according to Basile!  :D  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #955 on: August 01, 2018, 07:39:02 AM »
but DP.... it is impossible to lose weight when you are old! At least according to Basile!  :D  ;D

Maybe he should try his own Bicep Supination Machine ™ as a last resort?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #956 on: August 01, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »

Basile is an enigma - seems like he was in shape for a brief time - but a mess most of the time

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #957 on: August 01, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »
For God's sake get a blood test some kind of Health assessment go on a juice and fruit diet whatever just do something we don't want to lose another get big icon to your health bro :'(

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #958 on: August 01, 2018, 09:12:50 AM »
For God's sake get a blood test some kind of Health assessment go on a juice and fruit diet whatever just do something we don't want to lose another get big icon to your health bro :'(

YES!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #959 on: August 01, 2018, 09:23:32 AM »
Yup - i wish him best of luck too - BUT - its not luck - its a daily discipline.  I hope mentally he is ready for this - the physical is easy part. 
He’s gotten by in life through half-doing things. He’s comfortable. Chances are, unless he has an epiphany, he will continue down that road. And why not? He gotten results. Most of us looking from the outside see these as mediocre. For him it maybe otherwise. He’ll say that he competed, and that he lost weight. And that was the goal. But, most people’s goals are to look the best that they can in stage. Or to put their best foot fwd in life. If you look at all evidence from over the years, this is apparently not his.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #960 on: August 01, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
YES!

Vince needs to just do daily HIIT for 30-60 min a clip early am.   Regardless of anything.   He can keto or do whatever nuevo diet scam of the day he wants - but bottom line is that he needs to sweat his ass off - literally - and stop eating.   Beef, eggs, steak - whatever- STOP FNG EATING.    You dont get obese by having a macro problem - its a calorie problem. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #961 on: August 01, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »

Vince needs to just do daily HIIT for 30-60 min a clip early am.   Regardless of anything.   He can keto or do whatever nuevo diet scam of the day he wants - but bottom line is that he needs to sweat his ass off - literally - and stop eating.   Beef, eggs, steak - whatever- STOP FNG EATING.    You dont get obese by having a macro problem - its a calorie problem. 

A couple of things about HIIT,
- The required intensity is gone when you perform it for longer than 20-30 minutes.
- Keto & HITT don't go well together, for the same intensity reason
- 1-2 sessions/week are OK, but when you're deep in a prep it messes with your recovery

It's not a matter of 'stop eating', that will fuck up your metabolism, but slowly lowering your calorie intake when needed.

Keep in mind, he's a bodybuilder, NOT a crossfitter, so I would suggest LISS cardio as much as possible. Only perform HIIT when nothing else works.

Heck, I'm wasting my time. Vince does whatever he wants to :D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #962 on: August 01, 2018, 10:16:21 AM »

He’s not going to do any of that, and if he did, he will half-step. It’s who he is. Do enough to barely get by. Doing anymore is a waste to him. So, it’s a waste of time offering up advice, or even criticizing him, unless one likes hearing themselves “talk”.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #963 on: August 01, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »
A couple of things about HIIT,
- The required intensity is gone when you perform it for longer than 20-30 minutes.
- Keto & HITT don't go well together, for the same intensity reason
- 1-2 sessions/week are OK, but when you're deep in a prep it messes with your recovery

It's not a matter of 'stop eating', that will fuck up your metabolism, but slowly lowering your calorie intake when needed.

Keep in mind, he's a bodybuilder, NOT a crossfitter, so I would suggest LISS cardio as much as possible. Only perform HIIT when nothing else works.

Heck, I'm wasting my time. Vince does whatever he wants to :D

Yeah - i see so much good advice in this thread - hopefully he takes it to heart and does it.   Doing the slow ass waddle on the treadmill for a half hour aint gonna cut it. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #964 on: August 01, 2018, 10:54:36 AM »
Yeah - i see so much good advice in this thread - hopefully he takes it to heart and does it.   Doing the slow ass waddle on the treadmill for a half hour aint gonna cut it.

That's fucking boring. During my last prep I walked every day outside for an hour with a podcast or whatever on my phone. You burn less fat compared to HIIT, but you also burn less glycogen, so it's more muscle sparing. This is esp important for natural athletes, but again, I would advise no one to do a show without PEDs ;)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #965 on: August 01, 2018, 10:58:37 AM »
That's fucking boring. During my last prep I walked every day outside for an hour with a podcast or whatever on my phone. You burn less fat compared to HIIT, but you also burn less glycogen, so it's more muscle sparing. This is esp important for natural athletes, but again, I would advise no one to do a show without PEDs ;)
Glycogen means nothing until the day of the show.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #966 on: August 01, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »
Glycogen means nothing until the day of the show.

Well, once you're really depleted it messes with your strength and recovery, so muscle loss is the price, plus you feel even more shitty all the time :-X :-X I would always opt for LISS unless you're behind schedule.

Even Arash Rahbar, who was a big fan of HIIT, switched back to LISS cardio. His Q&A's are worthwhile to listen to.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #967 on: August 01, 2018, 11:10:57 AM »
Again, where are you coming up with less strength and recovery? I did a full prep on keto without one carb up, yes in the first 7-10 days, you are week and lethargic, after that not only did my strength get better, my recovery did as well. Was I flat, sure, but 3 days prior to the show my coach loaded me up and filled out perfectly. And yes Vince I would recommend steady state cardio, fasted in the am and post workout, in your target heart range, I wouldn't even start prep unless you have a heart rate monitor.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #968 on: August 01, 2018, 11:20:05 AM »
The internet is a very rich source for ideas, concepts, protocols or whatever you want to call it, but I meet so many confused people as a result. It was really refreshing when Stan Efferding started his series of car rants with this one. I think we should get rid of too much details, so bingo on the bold part of your posting.

Lol could not make it past the product placement. How is that for lack of determination?!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #969 on: August 01, 2018, 11:21:49 AM »
Again, where are you coming up with less strength and recovery? I did a full prep on keto without one carb up, yes in the first 7-10 days, you are week and lethargic, after that not only did my strength get better, my recovery did as well. Was I flat, sure, but 3 days prior to the show my coach loaded me up and filled out perfectly. And yes Vince I would recommend steady state cardio, fasted in the am and post workout, in your target heart range, I wouldn't even start prep unless you have a heart rate monitor.

To answer your question, I simply kept a daily log, so also what kind of cardio I did, my strength, how I felt, etc.

You know, not everyone is just different in terms of response, but the outcome (i.e. your progress, recovery, etc) is a product of so many variables. All of us need to find a way that works for us(!), that's one of the interesting parts of prepping or an off-season.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #970 on: August 01, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
To answer your question, I simply kept a daily log, so also what kind of cardio I did, my strength, how I felt, etc.

You know, not everyone is just different in terms of response, but the outcome (i.e. your progress, recovery, etc) is a product of so many variables. All of us need to find a way that works for us(!), that's one of the interesting parts of prepping or an off-season.
I agree, but in this situation this guy needs an extreme fat loss diet, in my opinion carnivore is his best choice for this, if we are talking about someone who is at 12% offseason bodyfat starting prep, then I would maybe recommend a carb cycle diet, slowly bring him down, hell you can prep people without having to do any cardio if it's not really necessary John Meadows does is all the time. But in this specific instance, Vince is not at the greatest starting point and needs to pull out all the stops straight out the gate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #971 on: August 01, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »
I agree, but in this situation this guy needs an extreme fat loss diet, in my opinion carnivore is his best choice for this, if we are talking about someone who is at 12% offseason bodyfat starting prep, then I would maybe recommend a carb cycle diet, slowly bring him down, hell you can prep people without having to do any cardio if it's not really necessary John Meadows does is all the time. But in this specific instance, Vince is not at the greatest starting point and needs to pull out all the stops straight out the gate.

I agree - just being honest - Vince looks like he needs - no kidding - to lose about 65-70 lbs.   a 12-16 week diet to stage in that time frame to me seems like a fantasy.   

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #972 on: August 01, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »
Eat clean all week other than a cheat meal on Wed. and a moderate cheat day on Sun. and you`ll be golden.

Do this all of the time.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #973 on: August 01, 2018, 11:39:40 AM »
Lol could not make it past the product placement. How is that for lack of determination?!

ADHD is a bitch

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #974 on: August 01, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »

'An extreme fat loss diet' often results in losing lean body mass. Not that I expect that Vince would ever take advice from any of us, but someone like him should take at least 6-9 months and lose 1-2 pounds/week.

Yeah, I really like John's approach. I've listened to every video, podcast and interview with him, and there's an interesting case study in my bookmarks: https://www.elitefts.com/education/contest-prep-dieting-and-training-modifications-from-21-to-11-weeks-out/