Author Topic: Mark Bell Power Cast 224 w/tommywishbone  (Read 11906 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Mark Bell Power Cast 224 w/tommywishbone
« on: September 30, 2017, 03:36:49 PM »
OK, it took a little convincing but the majority of my real life friends seem to think this Mark Bell Power Cast isn't too unwatchable. We shot the video about one month ago. I know it's OVER TWO HOURS long... just watch a little but here and there. Hopefully we discuss some topics that should be "educational" for powerlifters, bodybuilders and all athletes who wish to improve there performance.

Hopefully you will laugh a few times as well.

I'm big and strong and really old so I can take insults with the best of them. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you gentlemen. All the best, Tom Pheil aka tommywishbone.

PS. If that link is not posted properly, I would appreciate anyone making the correction.  
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Mark Bell Power Cast 224
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:44:46 PM »
OK, it took a little convincing but the majority of my real life friends seem to think this Mark Bell Power Cast isn't too unwatchable. We shot the video about one month ago. I know it's OVER TWO HOURS long... just watch a little but here and there. Hopefully we discuss some topics that should be "educational" for powerlifters, bodybuilders and all athletes who wish to improve there performance.

Hopefully you will laugh a few times as well.

I'm big and strong and really old so I can take insults with the best of them. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you gentlemen. All the best, Tom Pheil aka tommywishbone.

PS. If that link is not posted properly, I would appreciate anyone making the correction. 

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 03:45:27 PM »
"

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 03:55:03 PM »
Gentlemen, thank you.
a

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
I listen to all their podcasts. haven't got to that one yet but will get there soon. thanks tommy.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »
500 for 20 deadlift video, right now!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 04:28:35 PM »
Tom sent this over to me a couple of days ago to watch. Honestly, for me this is one of the best interviews I've seen. There should be a movie made about his stories. This is one of those must watch interviews. Knowledgeable would be an understatement.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »
I got about 20 minutes in, will watch more later.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
500 for 20 deadlift video, right now!

Hi C. Hope you've been well brother. You are not the first to make that request. It's coming... I promise you.

I have the Masters World Championships on November 4 in Las Vegas. I'll most likely wait until after that contest, but if Mark Bell wants me to do it earlier- then I will. Will 500 x 20 test me? Yes sir it will... but I've done it many times so I know I can do it.
a

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
Hi C. Hope you've been well brother. You are not the first to make that request. It's coming... I promise you.

I have the Masters World Championships on November 4 in Las Vegas. I'll most likely wait until after that contest, but if Mark Bell wants me to do it earlier- then I will. Will 500 x 20 test me? Yes sir it will... but I've done it many times so I know I can do it.

Damn beast dude. I haven't tried reps with 500. I assume I could about 10. :P
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Mark Bell Power Cast 224 w/tommywishbone
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »
My last deadlifting session before competition should be 650 x 3.  As long as my terrible cardio holds up 500 x 20 is not unreasonable in my experience.

Stay cool man. 
a

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
That was a nice introduction in the first couple of minutes, Tom  :)
I will listen to the whole podcast later during a walk.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 08:07:41 PM »
Great interview  Tom ,you are 10X more honest  , knowledgeable ,funnier ,nicer  than Shawn Ray , plus you don't mess with trannies , good job . 

PS:  fuck Shawn Ray

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 08:18:01 PM »
TOMMYW ..... I did not know that you were involved in Powerlifting.

I have only watched the first couple of minutes but intend to watch the entire 2 hours when I get some time, but here are a few questions for you since my powerlifting days are long gone .....and those good old days included the likes of Bill 'Peanuts' West, George Frenn, and Pat Casey's first 615 pound bench press when the lions roared when it was accomplished, and Bill Starr and many others.....

And I cannot fail to mention Steve Dussia.

And lots of the historical stuff and people (odd lifters, tennis balls wrapped behind the knees for heavy squats, etc.) most of which  I have long forgotten.

1. Did you know or had you ever met Bill Star? If you ever had the opportunity to discuss his powerlifting days with him, you'd have enough material to write a great book with a hell of a lot of unbelievable stories about his good old York days. Have you ever read his OLNY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE?

2. Ditto .... Mike Lambert .... Powerlifting USA.

3. And Gus of course.

Yada yada yada......

Thanks, TW.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 08:39:50 PM »
TOMMYW ..... I did not know that you were involved in Powerlifting.
I have only watched the first couple of minutes but intend to watch the entire 2 hours when I get some time, but here are a few questions for you since my powerlifting days are long gone .....and those good old days included the likes of Bill 'Peanuts' West, George Frenn, and Pat Casey's first 615 pound bench press when the lions roared when it was accomplished, and Bill Starr and many others.....

And I cannot fail to mention Steve Dussia.

And lots of the historical stuff and people (odd lifters, tennis balls wrapped behind the knees for heavy squats, etc.) most of which  I have long forgotten.

1. Did you know or had you ever met Bill Star? If you ever had the opportunity to discuss his powerlifting days with him, you'd have enough material to write a great book with a hell of a lot of unbelievable stories about his good old York days. Have you ever read his OLNY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE?

3. And Gus of course.

Yada yada yada......

Thanks, TW.

Gus as in Rethwich?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »
'1. Did you know or had you ever met Bill Star? If you ever had the opportunity to discuss his powerlifting days with him, you'd have enough material to write a great book with a hell of a lot of unbelievable stories about his good old York days. Have you ever read his OLNY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE?

3. And Gus of course."

Bill Star? Well, oddly enough I've never spoken with Bill. Do I know who he is? Hell yes. I have read his entire book. He is a real legend in strength sports.

Mike Lambert? Great guy. I was a subscriber to Powerlifting USA starting in 1981 and remained a subscriber for YEARS.

Gus Rethwisch?  Another powerlifting legend. All those great Budweiser Record Breaker meets in Hawaii. and a real nice cat. I see him each November in Las Vegas at the WBPADL World Championships.
a

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 12:39:08 AM »
Very cool.  Will definitely give this a listen.
Air Falcon

amoney1986

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 01:49:56 AM »
Tom I watched that whole youtube video a few days ago and loved it! Had no idea that was you even though I have read posts by you on here for years. Really enjoyed hearing about Golds Venice back in the day and some of your insight on anabolics.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 02:20:47 AM »
Great - will watch  8)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 03:47:48 AM »
I want more stories from Tommy. Get Ron to get me a getbig podcast and get tommy on there for stories of the shit nobody knows about with bodybuilding lol

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 05:37:34 AM »
Love watching Tommy!

Great insight and storytelling!
Q

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 05:40:53 AM »
Love watching Tommy!

Great insight and storytelling!

I haven't heard the whole podcast yet, but did he likes cats?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 05:41:45 AM »
I haven't heard the whole podcast yet, but did he likes cats?

Tommy ain't no Shawn Ray!
Q

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 05:50:21 AM »
Hey Tom....absolutely fantastic interview. Your stories took me back to our time working together at Golds Venice. A few things....I believe the tribulus supplement in video was called Mumia aka Mummy...lol. And the old schmoe that Chris talked about beating up-wrastling women who wore a dress shirt and slacks was Lloyd.  Remember him? He trained at near midnite. Would do 1 leg pistol kick squats and hoist a very heavy single dumbbell.  And yes...Old Dudley and his muscle anatomy shirt. If he started talking to me during my workout...it was almost impossible to get away.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 05:51:02 AM »
 Great stories brother. Was hoping some Tom Magee talk could have happened being strength and physique was discussed...as we both knew Magee. Anyway...great post brother. You look fantastic and you are still the same great guy.