Author Topic: Mark Bell Power Cast 224 w/tommywishbone  (Read 11903 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Mark Bell Power Cast 224 w/tommywishbone
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 06:12:03 AM »
Tommy ain't no Shawn Ray!

Then he MUST be an "OK" guy

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 06:43:03 AM »
Great video Tommy.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 08:27:29 AM »
Hey Tom....absolutely fantastic interview. Your stories took me back to our time working together at Golds Venice. A few things....I believe the tribulus supplement in video was called Mumia aka Mummy...lol. And the old schmoe that Chris talked about beating up-wrastling women who wore a dress shirt and slacks was Lloyd.  Remember him? He trained at near midnite. Would do 1 leg pistol kick squats and hoist a very heavy single dumbbell.  And yes...Old Dudley and his muscle anatomy shirt. If he started talking to me during my workout...it was almost impossible to get away.

You know if he's still there or if he moved to Palm Springs? Was he a lawyer & his slacks looked like high-waters?(white dress shirt, black slacks) Was he married to some " Morticia" looking woman?...... Sounds exactly like one of our members. Since 2009 or so he'd been sued by like 3 house-keepers because he (and/or his wife) would pop out of his bedroom either naked or wearing black leather S&M outfits while they were cleaning/working. Caught the dude laying on the floor in between the power racks laying in the fetal position sucking on a water bottle like it was a baby bottle. lol

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
COACH, Yes!

Thanks for the response, Tw!

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »
You know if he's still there or if he moved to Palm Springs? Was he a lawyer & his slacks looked like high-waters?(white dress shirt, black slacks) Was he married to some " Morticia" looking woman?...... Sounds exactly like one of our members. Since 2009 or so he'd been sued by like 3 house-keepers because he (and/or his wife) would pop out of his bedroom either naked or wearing black leather S&M outfits while they were cleaning/working. Caught the dude laying on the floor in between the power racks laying in the fetal position sucking on a water bottle like it was a baby bottle. lol
Wow...crazy. I have no idea if he is still at Golds. He wore tan brown slacks in those days and a heavily starched faded whitw dress shirt. Your story of him sound insane. If not the same guy I mention...then another clone of Lloyd.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 12:11:23 PM »
Just watched about 10 minutes. I am definitely going to watch the full video. Wanna here all the stories from our legend Tommywishbone.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 12:52:33 PM »
An avid listener rather than watcher of the Power Cast but I watched the first 10mins or so of this one the other day when I saw it was Getbig legend Tommy Wishbone. Great episode Tommy, man you must have some tales to tell. Had no idea you trained at ST, looked like a great facility and the new place seems to be shaping up nicely.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »
About halfway through. Good stuff. I’ve listened to a handful of Mark Bell’s podcast, so it’s pretty cool hearing a getbigger on there. When your neck is wider than your ears, you know you’re the real deal.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 11:56:55 AM »
Finished the video last night while having a stogie. Good stuff, tons of funny stories.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 12:01:01 PM »
great work

I am appreciative and supportive of original and interesting material within the bodybuilding community

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 12:20:05 PM »
good stuff Tommy...good video

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2017, 07:45:37 AM »
Great podcast Tommy. Really enjoyed it

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 07:48:56 AM »
It's impossible to get mad on this guy, even when he fires bullets at you, still a cool cat

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »
Really good interview. I highly recommend listening to this. Well done Tommywishbone.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 04:29:04 AM »
me listening to the podcast:

cool stories, was fun to watch  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 06:29:17 AM »
I super enjoyed the 10 minutes where Tommy went full peel in the gym.

I do have to say that I have laughed for years at many of Tommy's comments on GB, but in this interview I was shocked how articulate,  knowledgeable and charismatic he is (in addition to being funny).

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »
Some guys like to hunt.

Some guys like to play softball.

My man Tom just prefers to be jacked and strong.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 08:37:00 AM »
I wonder if the schmoe who liked getting roughed up posts on Getbig  ???

Alright it was me and the money is under the lamp!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »
It's impossible to get mad on this guy, even when he fires bullets at you, still a cool cat

Yeah...about that...

Involvement in drug-selling or a prostitution ring, or anything involving consenting activity between adults, I can handle, but I can't condone - what was it? - assault with a deadly weapon?  I was like FFS, just when my respect for Tommy was getting higher and higher.  At least he seems to be beyond that, and regrets what he did.  I hope the people he assaulted were scumbags, but that wasn't mentioned in the podcast.  I can't condone violence or abuse.  The rest of the stories were cool.

Getbig's NelsonMuntz listening to the podcast:

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »
Yeah...about that...

Involvement in drug-selling or a prostitution ring, or anything involving consenting activity between adults, I can handle, but I can't condone - what was it? - assault with a deadly weapon?  I was like FFS, just when my respect for Tommy was getting higher and higher.  At least he seems to be beyond that, and regrets what he did.  I hope the people he assaulted were scumbags, but that wasn't mentioned in the podcast.  I can't condone violence or abuse.  The rest of the stories were cool.

At least he isn't trying to to sugarcoat his past. Listening to the interview, It's obvious (and understandable) that it's hard for him to speak about certain details, but at least he isn't avoiding the whole thing about his criminal past.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
At least he isn't trying to to sugarcoat his past. Listening to the interview, It's obvious (and understandable) that it's hard for him to speak about certain details, but at least he isn't avoiding the whole thing about his criminal past.

Agreed.  Given what is done is done and in the past, the least he could do is come clean about everything.  So good on him for that.  It just made me sad that he ever did that, but oh well.

This is how I felt listening to Tom on the podcast - I am the Black child in the back:

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 08:57:48 PM »
You cats are pretty fucking cool!

Sincere thanks for all the cool replies. I mean that.

Matt, if I could undo some of my past, brother I assure you I would.  What's done is done. I can't fix it. Do I ever look over my shoulder? Not for a long time, but for a long time I did. Stay cool. All the best with your training.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
Meant to watch in thirds or halves or something, but ended up watching the whole thing a few days back.  I loved it.

(And in defense of Tom, the charges he mentioned don't reflect the reality of it as badly as some of you may think, not even close.  No doubt he is the very cool guy he appears to be, and by all accounts he has always been.)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2017, 09:47:51 AM »
Done watching - great stuff!
You really were a part of the scene back then... this explains your, quite healthy, enthusiasm.  8)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2017, 07:20:02 AM »
You cats are pretty fucking cool!

Sincere thanks for all the cool replies. I mean that.

Matt, if I could undo some of my past, brother I assure you I would.  What's done is done. I can't fix it. Do I ever look over my shoulder? Not for a long time, but for a long time I did. Stay cool. All the best with your training.

Thanks for the reply, Tom!  :)

I have to say, I really enjoyed the podcast/tomcast, and you have a great deal of knowledge.  I was a little saddened at the violence in your history, but hopefully you were only violent towards scumbags who deserved it.  ;D

Also, that is crazy strength for any age.  What is your lifetime best total?