Author Topic: Melvin Anthony - He was a great bodybuilder at one time  (Read 4697 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Melvin Anthony - He was a great bodybuilder at one time
« on: October 01, 2017, 01:44:00 AM »

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: There actually was a time when Melvin Anthony was a great bber.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 02:32:48 AM »
wow... hard to believe it was 18yrs ago when i first met him. remember seeing that dudes lats pop straight out of his shirt horizontally like he had breadloafs under his armpits, and him telling me "why arnt you competing? you gotta get onstage. i started when i was 13 (or 15?). you gotta get onstage baby". i was surprised he actually struck up a conversation with me, some 17yr old bodybuilder kid lol

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 02:36:44 AM »
wow... hard to believe it was 18yrs ago when i first met him. remember seeing that dudes lats pop straight out of his shirt horizontally like he had breadloafs under his armpits, and him telling me "why arnt you competing? you gotta get onstage. i started when i was 13 (or 15?). you gotta get onstage baby". i was surprised he actually struck up a conversation with me, some 17yr old bodybuilder kid lol

Why even mention Melvin? We should make this thread about you.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 03:50:33 AM »
Nobody cares about YOU

This thread is about Melvin Anthony... not YOU

My post was about Melvin. #1 Noticing his last popping out further than I'd ever seen.#2 him actually taking time to strike up a conversation with a fan, instead of ignoring me like Garret Downing, a supposedly nice guy.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:13:52 AM »
No shit sherlock!!!!! There were no bb mags in hawai in the 90's? You just now found out about his?
Melvin was great.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 04:50:19 AM »
true. ESF made a post about Melvin. Royalty and Be There (as usual) made posts about ESF. ???

"you need some Aromasin? your estrogen seems a little high and a little bitch is coming out. let me know. i'll hook you up."

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 04:55:30 AM »
My post was about Melvin. #1 Noticing his last popping out further than I'd ever seen.#2 him actually taking time to strike up a conversation with a fan, instead of ignoring me like Garret Downing, a supposedly nice guy.
Garrett was always mentally pre-occupied with the wet muskrat on his head.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 05:00:24 AM »
Wet Muskrat  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 05:06:22 AM »
Wet Muskrat  ;D
Well that is what his hair looked like, a wet muskrat.

Upside, he was one of the few veterans that took to bodybuilding. I think he also was a proto-William Bonac. He had that thick look, with round full muscles, except he didn't have Bonac's conditioning.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 05:11:55 AM »
Well that is what his hair looked like, a wet muskrat.

Upside, he was one of the few veterans that took to bodybuilding. I think he also was a proto-William Bonac. He had that thick look, with round full muscles, except he didn't have Bonac's conditioning.

My speculation:

I think with Bonac, being that he is shorter and more compact... he knows that he will look thick as hell even if he loses a little bit of muscle on a militant pre-contest diet. He diets without fear.

Downing was probably cheating on his diet because he was afraid that he was losing size

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 05:33:37 AM »

My speculation:

I think with Bonac, being that he is shorter and more compact... he knows that he will look thick as hell even if he loses a little bit of muscle on a militant pre-contest diet. He diets without fear.

Downing was probably cheating on his diet because he was afraid that he was losing size
Possibly. Would have been great to see Downing and Tevita Aholelei compete against each other as Pros due to the controversy at the 1999 USAs. Which was the same year and contest that Melvin won. I think he looked his best at that contest.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 07:27:43 AM »
Hi ESFITNESS aka Joon. We all know it's you

The real ESFITNESS was meme worthy. Very quotable. You however = boring

haha jeesus christ. i dont keep up on this shit. i really dont. i have no idea who the fuck joon is. ive been on getbig for 5 or 6 years now and i honesly dont pay attention to that shit at all. these members with multiple accounts pretending to be different people is pathetic. im not part of your fantasy world. just stick to the point is all im asking.

i dont care about esf either. some of his posts were classics but he's a drug addicted ex con you got to take that into account when reading anytbing he says. the small group of people that obsess over him are more annoying than he ever was.  i mean you guys are obsessed with him. you follow him around from post to post ruining every thread and anyone who chimes in is immediatedly accused of being a gimmick. there is no reasoning with you guys. this thread is a perfect example of what im talking about.

for the record melvin. anthony still sucks.

p.s. i dont take kindly to disrespect.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
Possibly. Would have been great to see Downing and Tevita Aholelei compete against each other as Pros due to the controversy at the 1999 USAs. Which was the same year and contest that Melvin won. I think he looked his best at that contest.

Actually, I met Tevita at the same show I met Gartet and Recital was actually pretty cool didn't talk to him as long as Melvin though. Later on I heard about Tevita being an asshole who none of the promoters or writers liked.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 07:32:56 AM »
haha jeesus christ. i dont keep up on this shit. i really dont. i have no idea who the fuck joon is. ive been on getbig for 5 or 6 years now and i honesly dont pay attention to that shit at all. these members with multiple accounts pretending to be different people is pathetic. im not part of your fantasy world. just stick to the point is all im asking.

i dont care about esf either. some of his posts were classics but he's a drug addicted ex con you got to take that into account when reading anytbing he says. the small group of people that obsess over him are more annoying than he ever was.  i mean you guys are obsessed with him. you follow him around from post to post ruining every thread and anyone who chimes in is immediatedly accused of being a gimmick. there is no reasoning with you guys. this thread is a perfect example of what im talking about.

for the record melvin. anthony still sucks.

p.s. i dont take kindly to disrespect.

Actually, I've been clean since April 14, 2016
nope just pointing out the obvious i have to set this straight . you guys start in with your bullshit about esf every time. its old. be there has derailed so many threads with his obsession over the man. now this is ridiculous....
1. esf makes a post about melvin,
2. you make a post about esf.
3. youre the only person making the thread about esf.

oh and for the record i always thought Melvin Anthony sucked.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 07:46:49 AM »
Actually, I met Tevita at the same show I met Gartet and Recital was actually pretty cool didn't talk to him as long as Melvin though. Later on I heard about Tevita being an asshole who none of the promoters or writers liked.
He broke his trophy. And that set the stage for him to be blackballed. And he probably did have a bad a Attitude as well.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 07:48:58 AM »
I thought I was the only one who noticed this

For as long as I have been on getbig, there has always been people who have an insane endurance for having the same conversation, over and over on here.

So no, you're not.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »
polisher gonna polish...

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 10:55:15 AM »

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
Re: Melvin Anthony - He was a great bodybuilder at one time
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 11:50:25 AM »
He was a great dancer at one time. I don't know about the bbing part.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 11:51:54 AM »
Jeez. ESF was talking about Melvin - the other posts are deleted that were talking about ESF.  Use a different thread for that, and stop hijacking each one.

Regarding Melvin, he was at one time, one of the best posers in the posing routine in bodybuilding.  Instead of just slow boring music, he made the routines impressive and we all looked forward to watching them.  While he was not a mass monster, he was quite symmetrical, with pretty good conditioning.  Never the less, the mass monsters did overshadow him during his time.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 11:58:47 AM »
i wonder if he's allowed to lift weights in the central mississippi correctional facility

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »
Jeez. ESF was talking about Melvin - the other posts are deleted that were talking about ESF.  Use a different thread for that, and stop hijacking each one.

Regarding Melvin, he was at one time, one of the best posers in the posing routine in bodybuilding.  Instead of just slow boring music, he made the routines impressive and we all looked forward to watching them.  While he was not a mass monster, he was quite symmetrical, with pretty good conditioning.  Never the less, the mass monsters did overshadow him during his time.

Yay! Some guys that are just absolutely obsessed with "Joon" and think everyone is a Joon gimmick and ruin every thread they're on. I mean, FFS, ESF has posted youtube vids of himself. And, unlike the long gone Joon, ESF is actually entertaining.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »
Yay! Some guys that are just absolutely obsessed with "Joon" and think everyone is a Joon gimmick and ruin every thread they're on. I mean, FFS, ESF has posted youtube vids of himself. And, unlike the long gone Joon, ESF is actually entertaining.

Do you actually believe that Melvin Anthony was telling ESFITNESS: "baby you gotta get onstage! You gotta get on stage baby!"

Did you see the ESFITNESS youtube crap? There is No way in hell that Melvin Anthony would ever urgently insist bodybuilding competition to that goofball.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 04:54:13 PM »
Met Melvin Anthony years back when he did a photoshoot at Victor Martinez's gym. Steve Blechman came by to keep an eye on his investment, as it was the time Melvin was with MD.

Melvin was very sweet. Complimented me on my shoes prior to changing into my workout gear. He even had clear nail polish on, which led me to believe he was a man that kept up an impeccable appearance at all times.

"1"

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »
As someone who speaks about myself on here all day and daily, I enjoy the posts of ESFitness.  ;D

That said, any stories of myself are accurate, and can generally be verified.  On that note - I first saw Melvin Anthony in person at the 2007 Arnold Classic.  He was virtually the first bodybuilder I ever saw in person and I thought "He looks smaller than I thought."  Little did I know that within 20 weeks of being the 5th best bodybuilder on the planet, he was smaller and softer than ever.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but only once I saw the photos posted did I realize he had gone from 5'8 and 230 in contest condition to 5'8 and 230 at 25% body fat, since the 2006 Mr. Olympia.  You would think one would have to work hard to make such a decline, but presumably he just went off-cycle and stopped training.

Then later in the year, he placed 6th at the Mr. Olympia and he looked night and day different than he did at the Arnold.  When I asked him "What's your prediction?  6th?"  He said "4th."  I was like wow...confident guy.  :o