Author Topic: Bodybuilder Sam Standerwick found dead age 25  (Read 3643 times)

Simple Simon

Bodybuilder Sam Standerwick found dead age 25
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2001256244/bodybuilder-sam-standerwick-dies-in-his-sleep

Sam Standerwick, from Llanddulas in Conwy, north Wales, returned to his hotel following a night out with pals in Liverpool when he fell asleep and didn't wake up.

An inquest has now found that he died of heart failure - despite being a healthy young man - because of a 70% blockage in his coronary artery.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
Re: Bodybuilder found dead age 25
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »
Classy couple

Death probably smoking related     :-X

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »
Bad genetics, or constant gear/Pro-hormone abuse for many years.
Sad...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:41:48 AM »
Poor guy.
Unfortunately this tragedy wont serve of an example to most bb youngsters.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »
What happens when you mix rec drugs and gear...

Probably drank untold red bull's that night too.

All builds to a rather unpleasant picture.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »
freddy krueger strikes again

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 05:24:40 AM »
What happens when you mix rec drugs and gear...

Probably drank untold red bull's that night too.

All builds to a rather unpleasant picture.

Yep. SOmeone I know about a year back on a Saturday he took HGH first thing, then test, deca and tre. Then pre workout before the gym. Then hit the clubs with vodka redbull and cocaine amonst the things consumed. 4AM BANG! Heart attack, nearly died. Spent 4 days in Wexham Hospital now hes off everything and spends his time building model railways.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
Re: Bodybuilder Sam Standerwick found dead age 25
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:39:32 AM »
Yep. SOmeone I know about a year back on a Saturday he took HGH first thing, then test, deca and tre. Then pre workout before the gym. Then hit the clubs with vodka redbull and cocaine amonst the things consumed. 4AM BANG! Heart attack, nearly died. Spent 4 days in Wexham Hospital now hes off everything and spends his time building model railways.

People just dont get it...

When I worked the door Vodka/Redbull & Jagerbombs were hitting their peak...slammming in 10-15 caffeinated drinks in a few short hours, also laced with dehydrating alcohol is playing fuck with your internals.  The amount of water alone needed just to flush the kidneys is collosal!

400mg caffeine is the 'safe limit' each can of redbull has around 80mg IIRC, not exactly rocket science.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 08:07:24 AM »
Yeah...Probably had nuthin to do with steroids....

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 02:44:34 PM »
Yeah...Probably had nuthin to do with steroids....

Actually you are most likely correct. I would love to see the autopsy. To be 70% blocked at age 25 is extremely rare. Also, to say he died of heart failure is kinda dumb. Most people will not have a heart attack at 70% occlusion. Heart failure is usually something that presents itself with symptoms and is progressive over time.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
was he saved?
K

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 03:18:59 PM »
Actually you are most likely correct. I would love to see the autopsy. To be 70% blocked at age 25 is extremely rare. Also, to say he died of heart failure is kinda dumb. Most people will not have a heart attack at 70% occlusion. Heart failure is usually something that presents itself with symptoms and is progressive over time.

This is correct.

He could have had FHC type 2 (familial hypercholesterolemia) (genetic disorder) and had never realized it. The oxidized LDL levels would have just built up over his life, deposited in his coronary arteries, and he would have never known unless he had a CTA or a coronary angiogram/plasty.