Author Topic: Pro-life congressman reportedly asked girlfriend to get an abortion  (Read 2066 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
He's a friggin hypocrite if this is true.

Pro-life congressman reportedly asked girlfriend to get an abortion

Fox News

An anti-abortion congressman asked his mistress to have an abortion when he thought she might be pregnant, according to a report this week.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said it obtained text messages between  Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pa., and Shannon Edwards, the woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair.

In a Jan. 25 text message, Edwards said Murphy had "zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," according to the paper.

"I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced," Murphy's number replied, blaming his staff for his anti-abortion messages. "I told staff don't write any more."

Ultimately, Edwards was not pregnant.

Murphy's spokeswoman had no comment on the report.

The revelation came as the House on Tuesday approved Republican legislation that would make it a crime to perform an abortion after 20 weeks of fetal development. Murphy, who is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, was among the bill's co-sponsors.

The bill faces an uphill battle in the Senate, where Democrats have enough votes to kill the measure.

Murphy recently acknowledged his affair with Edwards, which became public as a result of her divorce proceedings.
He is serving his eighth term representing a district in southwestern Pennsylvania.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/03/pro-life-congressman-reportedly-asked-girlfriend-to-get-abortion.html

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Pro-life congressman reportedly asked girlfriend to get an abortion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »
I would be more surprised if these guys actually stuck to their word/so called beliefs at this point.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 03:47:28 PM »
He's a friggin hypocrite if this is true.

Pro-life congressman reportedly asked girlfriend to get an abortion

Fox News

An anti-abortion congressman asked his mistress to have an abortion when he thought she might be pregnant, according to a report this week.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said it obtained text messages between  Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pa., and Shannon Edwards, the woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair.

In a Jan. 25 text message, Edwards said Murphy had "zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," according to the paper.

"I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced," Murphy's number replied, blaming his staff for his anti-abortion messages. "I told staff don't write any more."

Ultimately, Edwards was not pregnant.

Murphy's spokeswoman had no comment on the report.

The revelation came as the House on Tuesday approved Republican legislation that would make it a crime to perform an abortion after 20 weeks of fetal development. Murphy, who is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, was among the bill's co-sponsors.

The bill faces an uphill battle in the Senate, where Democrats have enough votes to kill the measure.

Murphy recently acknowledged his affair with Edwards, which became public as a result of her divorce proceedings.
He is serving his eighth term representing a district in southwestern Pennsylvania.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/03/pro-life-congressman-reportedly-asked-girlfriend-to-get-abortion.html

LOL @ "if it's true"

what if it's not true?  Then I guess he's ONLY just an ADULTERER

I guess fundies are OK with that now since many of them voted for Adulterer in Chief Trumptard

Of course you know it's true

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »
I would be more surprised if these guys actually stuck to their word/so called beliefs at this point.

Tell me about it.  The swamp. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »

Republican Congressman on why deficits don't matter anymore (or at least at the moment)

"It's a great talking point when you have an administration that's Democrat-led," said Representative Mark Walker, Republican of North Carolina and the chairman of the Republican Study Committee, a group of about 150 conservative House members. "It's a little different now that Republicans have both houses and the administration."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/28/a-house-republican-explains-why-deficits-dont-matter-anymore.html

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »
His pro life stance only applies when he's telling you how to live your life.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »
LOL @ "if it's true"

what if it's not true?  Then I guess he's ONLY just an ADULTERER

I guess fundies are OK with that now since many of them voted for Adulterer in Chief Trumptard

Of course you know it's true

Actually, we're not this is why the GOP are a bunch RINO's

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:01:00 PM »
Actually, we're not this is why the GOP are a bunch RINO's

So your entire party is not actually Republican?

Is Trump a RINO as well?  Seems like he might be given him getting chummy with Schumer and Pelosi while shitting on his own party...but then his own party are all a bunch of RINOs so..??

I guess maybe you and Bum and that fat tub of lard Huckabee are the only real republicans left in the country

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »
So your entire party is not actually Republican?

Is Trump a RINO as well?  Seems like he might be given him getting chummy with Schumer and Pelosi while shitting on his own party...but then his own party are all a bunch of RINOs so..??

I guess maybe you and Bum and that fat tub of lard Huckabee are the only real republicans left in the country

Everything YOU seem usually isn't

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 05:39:11 PM »
Another typical politician, acts like a moral lighthouse and wants to impose his beliefs to all others and control their lives, except of course when an issue affects him directly.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »
Everything YOU seem usually isn't

I "seem"?

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 06:47:51 PM »
I "seem"?

Arguing with the mentally challenged, shame on you.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »
How many politicians do we have to find out legislate one thing while doing another before we tell them to go fu$k themselves?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 04:32:17 AM »
Good riddance you POS.  Abortion in cases like this is murder. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
Good riddance you POS.  Abortion in cases like this is murder. 
Just good business sense.. like bankruptcies

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
How many politicians do we have to find out legislate one thing while doing another before we tell them to go fu$k themselves?

Yes -- just like how many cops do one thing to the public & another thing for other cops
The whole system is corrupt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »
Good riddance. 

Congressman Caught In Abortion Hypocrisy To Resign

House Speaker Paul Ryan announced Rep. Tim Murphy’s resignation Thursday.
10/05/2017

Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.) plans to resign from Congress following the revelation this week that he’d urged a woman he was having an affair with to have an abortion.

The office of House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Thursday announced Murphy’s resignation, which will go into effect Oct. 21.

“It was Dr. Murphy’s decision to move on to the next chapter of his life, and I support it,” Ryan said in a statement. “We thank him for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer.”

Murphy had initially said he would retire at the end of his term and take “personal time” in the coming weeks to “seek healing.”

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday that a woman who’d had an affair with Murphy called him out for his publicly pro-life views in a text message after he asked her to have an abortion during an “unfounded pregnancy scare.”

“You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Shannon Edwards texted Murphy in January, according to the Post-Gazette.

The Post-Gazette report was published the day Murphy cast a vote in favor of a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

Murphy admitted to having an affair with a “personal friend” in September.

“This is nobody’s fault but my own, and I offer no excuses,” Murphy said then in a statement. “To the extent that there should be any blame in this matter, it falls solely upon me.”

Meredith Kelly, the communications director for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said Democrats would “be closely tracking” Murphy’s district.

“While the circumstances surrounding Representative Murphy’s resignation are uniquely disturbing and hypocritical, he will certainly not be the last House Republican to have an involuntary and embarrassing end to their career this election cycle,” she said in a statement. “Pennsylvania’s 18th Congressional District is a reliable Republican stronghold, but the grassroots energy behind Democrats has proven powerful this year, and we will be closely tracking this district and special election.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tim-murphy-resigns_us_59d692a5e4b046f5ad970525

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
Good riddance. 

Congressman Caught In Abortion Hypocrisy To Resign

House Speaker Paul Ryan announced Rep. Tim Murphy’s resignation Thursday.
10/05/2017

Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.) plans to resign from Congress following the revelation this week that he’d urged a woman he was having an affair with to have an abortion.

The office of House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Thursday announced Murphy’s resignation, which will go into effect Oct. 21.

“It was Dr. Murphy’s decision to move on to the next chapter of his life, and I support it,” Ryan said in a statement. “We thank him for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer.”

Murphy had initially said he would retire at the end of his term and take “personal time” in the coming weeks to “seek healing.”

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday that a woman who’d had an affair with Murphy called him out for his publicly pro-life views in a text message after he asked her to have an abortion during an “unfounded pregnancy scare.”

“You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Shannon Edwards texted Murphy in January, according to the Post-Gazette.

The Post-Gazette report was published the day Murphy cast a vote in favor of a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

Murphy admitted to having an affair with a “personal friend” in September.

“This is nobody’s fault but my own, and I offer no excuses,” Murphy said then in a statement. “To the extent that there should be any blame in this matter, it falls solely upon me.”

Meredith Kelly, the communications director for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said Democrats would “be closely tracking” Murphy’s district.

“While the circumstances surrounding Representative Murphy’s resignation are uniquely disturbing and hypocritical, he will certainly not be the last House Republican to have an involuntary and embarrassing end to their career this election cycle,” she said in a statement. “Pennsylvania’s 18th Congressional District is a reliable Republican stronghold, but the grassroots energy behind Democrats has proven powerful this year, and we will be closely tracking this district and special election.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tim-murphy-resigns_us_59d692a5e4b046f5ad970525

"Seek healing"...
Typical politician BS... How many other hypocrites like him in Congress?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »
"Seek healing"...
Typical politician BS... How many other hypocrites like him in Congress?

Plenty.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
Plenty.

concur. Have a friend with a daughter with Lupus. Has the misfortune of living in Oklahoma where the republicans don't think she has the right to cannabis oil so they will have to move to Colorado to alleviate her pain. Not unlikely that some of the government in Oklahoma smoke weed and vote to keep it illegal, Bastards   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 08:14:23 PM »
concur. Have a friend with a daughter with Lupus. Has the misfortune of living in Oklahoma where the republicans don't think she has the right to cannabis oil so they will have to move to Colorado to alleviate her pain. Not unlikely that some of the government in Oklahoma smoke weed and vote to keep it illegal, Bastards   

Wouldn't surprise me.