Author Topic: Question on bloodwork to get script for TRT  (Read 5458 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: question on bloodwork and getting a script for test.
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2017, 01:00:17 AM »
Did they do the echo or ekg or whatever tests Walter white suggested. Also has your fainting and dizziness subsided?

I've had 2 EKGs since getting out of the hospital. When I was in the hospital I was on the cardiac/telemetry unit for the first 2-3wks and hooked up to a portAble ECG 7 lead monitor. All were normal aside from when I came in with sinus tachycardia, which I've had twice before (that I know of, measured at least) with a 200-240 HR.

The blacking out when standing has been gone for a couple weeks now.. Maybe 3. Not sure what was causing that. Dunno if it was the pain meds or what, but I never had it when I was doing 1,000mg diacetylmorphine IV 6 times a day back in the day, which is way stronger than the pain meds I was on. Even at the max of 80mg oxycodone CR 2x a day and 30mg Oxycodone IR every 3hrs and 2mg diluadid iv every 2hrs I wasn't getting dizzy when standing. (With 800mg gabapentin 3x for neuropathy and 20mg baclofen 3x/day for my neck/back). .. I suppose it might've been the clonidine combined With the pain meds killing my BP

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2017, 01:14:33 AM »
but why all the fucking about, if you want to take test just take it, why keep pissing about at the docs for a $2 shot of test every two weeks

Sure, but there might be advantages with having a script even if you do additional steroids. Steroid tests at work, you might want to go on true hrt in the future so documented history makes it easier, you want to have a little test with you when you travel, you want to do periodic blood work or phlebotomies through a doc, if you end up in prison you can continue the trt while in etc.

Simple Simon

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2017, 01:19:11 AM »
Sure, but there might be advantages with having a script even if you do additional steroids. Steroid tests at work, you might want to go on true hrt in the future so documented history makes it easier, you want to have a little test with you when you travel, you want to do periodic blood work or phlebotomies through a doc etc.

If you are going to do additional steroids then having to keep going to the docs for blood tests isn't an advantage.

as for travel, test last long enough in your system to cover most holidays, you don't need to take it with you.
As for blood tests there are lots of places you can get that done without going to a doctor.

And not many employers test for steroids, most work tests are for rec drugs, and test would just show up as test on a drug test..

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2017, 01:48:36 AM »
i crashed my test levels on purpose at 21 so that i could get on trt and have optimal test levels for LYFE

;D ;D ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »
thats great advice. in fCt alot of good advice in this thread.
but.....
i need the prescription for job security before i run anything at all.

OK gotcha regarding the prescription. Interesting.

You may need to "doctor shop" a bit. Hey, if you're in California, shoot me a pm. I may have a doctor who can assist. All absolutely legit.
a

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »
I'm telling ya, all you need is a general practitioner. All of my scripts for HRT test rib pain from just regular GP doctors when I went in and told them I think my testosterone is low they ask why I say well I've been using anabolic since I was 17, I guess you could also say you have been using prohormones the legal ones and rattle off the typical side effects of having low testosterone. Zero sex drive zero motivation body fat gain muscle loss excetera excetera. And the doctor will send me to get my blood drawn and check total test and free test, metabolic panel, CBC, and lipid panel for the 1st time w a regular general practitioner doctor  and Hill ith any particular dr. After that they don't really bother testing for the other stuff like lipids and they just focus on what the testosterone levels are. They're rarely even test for estradiol or prescribe anti estrogens or aromatase Inhibitors such as nolvadex or aromasin, as they consider that "cosmetic" and don't affect quality of life which is the goal with hormone replacement therapy.

Anyways, long story short... all you need is a general practitioner doctor and he'll do blood work for testosterone and a lipid panel and write you a prescription on the spot well at least after he gets the results back and they're low enough to qualify for HRT. It's kind of up to him where the low number cuts off some doctors will write HRT scripts for guys under 450 nanograms some doctors won't write a script unless it's under 350 nanograms and some won't write a script unless it's under 300 nanograms. I'm "lucky" as mine is <100 "naturally" off gear(test), even 9months off gear its <100. If you test at 400ng/ml and the Dr won't write it, just go to a different doctor. Can't really call that "doctor shopping" since you're not getting prescriptions from multiple doctors. Now if you got a TRT script from one doctor, and then went and got another TRT script from a different doctor, THAT would be considered "Doctor shopping". Its really not as hard as some make it out to be. Neck, you can order your own blood work ( you don't need a doctor's prescription to order blood work. I did it for years for clients checking various things and just charge them double what my out-of-pocket cost was. Example, total testosterone test cost $45, I'd charge them $90. I'd get either zip code for home or work, print out the bloodwork PDF, give it to them and send them to the LabCorp most convenient for them nearest their home or work so they could even do the blood draw on their lunch break) and have your testosterone checked and have the results emailed to you in a PDF file so you can check what your testosterone levels are before you even go to the doctor. Its a small investment but at least you'll know what your levels are before you go in.

Simple Simon

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2017, 12:52:02 AM »
I'm telling ya, all you need is a general practitioner. All of my scripts for HRT test rib pain from just regular GP doctors when I went in and told them I think my testosterone is low they ask why I say well I've been using anabolic since I was 17, I guess you could also say you have been using prohormones the legal ones and rattle off the typical side effects of having low testosterone. Zero sex drive zero motivation body fat gain muscle loss excetera excetera. And the doctor will send me to get my blood drawn and check total test and free test, metabolic panel, CBC, and lipid panel for the 1st time w a regular general practitioner doctor  and Hill ith any particular dr. After that they don't really bother testing for the other stuff like lipids and they just focus on what the testosterone levels are. They're rarely even test for estradiol or prescribe anti estrogens or aromatase Inhibitors such as nolvadex or aromasin, as they consider that "cosmetic" and don't affect quality of life which is the goal with hormone replacement therapy.

Anyways, long story short... all you need is a general practitioner doctor and he'll do blood work for testosterone and a lipid panel and write you a prescription on the spot well at least after he gets the results back and they're low enough to qualify for HRT. It's kind of up to him where the low number cuts off some doctors will write HRT scripts for guys under 450 nanograms some doctors won't write a script unless it's under 350 nanograms and some won't write a script unless it's under 300 nanograms. I'm "lucky" as mine is <100 "naturally" off gear(test), even 9months off gear its <100. If you test at 400ng/ml and the Dr won't write it, just go to a different doctor. Can't really call that "doctor shopping" since you're not getting prescriptions from multiple doctors. Now if you got a TRT script from one doctor, and then went and got another TRT script from a different doctor, THAT would be considered "Doctor shopping". Its really not as hard as some make it out to be. Neck, you can order your own blood work ( you don't need a doctor's prescription to order blood work. I did it for years for clients checking various things and just charge them double what my out-of-pocket cost was. Example, total testosterone test cost $45, I'd charge them $90. I'd get either zip code for home or work, print out the bloodwork PDF, give it to them and send them to the LabCorp most convenient for them nearest their home or work so they could even do the blood draw on their lunch break) and have your testosterone checked and have the results emailed to you in a PDF file so you can check what your testosterone levels are before you even go to the doctor. Its a small investment but at least you'll know what your levels are before you go in.

so are you on prescribed HRT or not?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2017, 12:55:18 AM »
A doctor isn't going to get you test if you don't need it, too many side effects. Recovering slower? That is called life, and growing old. I'm only in my 30's and the gym is harder and I already got 1 back surgery under my belt for punishment for lifting heavy and maybe bad form.
Not giving a fuck sounds like you might have depression, IMO you're seeing the wrong type of doctor.

Anything you would recommend or avoid from personal experience from having a back injury? Also in my mid 30's.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2017, 07:56:07 AM »
Anything you would recommend or avoid from personal experience from having a back injury? Also in my mid 30's.
Yeah, don’t be a stupid ass and lift heavy or ego lift. Competition is bad in the gym, if your not getting pay for it. Ie professional athlete.

Things I learn by getting back surgery.
-back surgery is painful as fuck.
-doctor shaved my back and ass for low back surgery.
-anesthesia fucks you up, and you won't take a poop for a couple days.
-I couldn’t pee laying and seating to save my life, in the hospital I had to walk with help to the bathroom to take a piss. I refused to let them stick a tube in my dick.
-plan on being in the hospital for 2-3 days
-dilaidid is a hell of a drug, it had me semi-hallucinating and more creative I wrote 2 songs in my head
-norco makes you itch like a mofo
-recovery is worst then the surgery.
-codeine sucks, i don't know how people take it for fun.
-my wound got infected so I'm had to see wound care people and was on antibiotics for weeks
-I learn I have issues asking people for help
-don’t try and go back to the gym early, I did and I cost me 2 weeks or intense pain.

so all in all if you can avoid back surgery, avoid it by all means. It does work though. I feel a million times better
A