Author Topic: RARE....Rory Leidelmeyer 1988 AAU Mr.America  (Read 3055 times)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
RARE....Rory Leidelmeyer 1988 AAU Mr.America
« on: October 08, 2017, 04:04:18 AM »
The night Rory won the Tall class at the 1988 AAU Mr.America in Tucson,Arizona. He lost the overall to a guy named Billy Norberg....who was the medium-tall class winner. It was a shaft job. Anyway...not many recall Rory's win that year. He mustve had his fill with the NPC by that point.Maybe Coach knows more about his move back to AAU. Anyway....he really peaked well for that show. This is all I could find.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Re: RARE....Rory Leidelmeyer 1988 AAU Mr.America
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:58:16 AM »
Cool! Rory was the inspiring figure to start of Bob Paris and i belive he keeps in great shape to this day!
MIRAGETROPIN

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 05:19:44 AM »
it's no disgrace losing to nordberg ::) ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 05:21:43 AM »
it's no disgrace losing to nordberg ::) ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
                   just kidding
F

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 05:22:17 AM »
OJ... Atleast he's out now.
MIRAGETROPIN

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 06:22:07 AM »
The night Rory won the Tall class at the 1988 AAU Mr.America in Tucson,Arizona. He lost the overall to a guy named Billy Norberg....who was the medium-tall class winner. It was a shaft job. Anyway...not many recall Rory's win that year. He mustve had his fill with the NPC by that point.Maybe Coach knows more about his move back to AAU. Anyway....he really peaked well for that show. This is all I could find.

What is the "Tall" class for bodybuilding?  5'9+?  ;D

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 06:49:33 AM »
Something alone those lines. Glad they took that silly shit away!
MIRAGETROPIN

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 07:01:35 AM »
Rory had enough with competing after that.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 11:31:47 PM »

Any idea what he weighed for that contest? He looked massive, yet had sunken cheeks.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:23:45 AM »
Bob Paris wrote very inspirational about Rory in Gorilla Suit. How he forced him to squat for 20 reps so he thought he would die and that he would have never got to the point he did without Rory.

He is suppostly one of those people that have stayed in shape all his life but please dig up some pics if you can find them.
MIRAGETROPIN

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »
I just happened to be in Tucson and went to the America, all I remember is that Norberg was ripped. I knew what would happen next and it did, that drove Rory out of competitive bodybuilding.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 07:50:29 AM »
All this bad luck for Rory, why was he on the receiving end of it?  I used to see him training w Serge Nubret and this other  dude all the time in the old Block's Gym.  I didn't interact with them but I don't remember any obviously assholish behavior.  Usually people who always seem to be losing out have some obvious explanation for it that isn't being mentioned.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »
Bob Paris wrote very inspirational about Rory in Gorilla Suit. How he forced him to squat for 20 reps so he thought he would die and that he would have never got to the point he did without Rory.

He is suppostly one of those people that have stayed in shape all his life but please dig up some pics if you can find them.
If you are talking about Rory staying in shape his entire life and wanting pics...just go to his instagram. He updates weekly with video and pics. He is in phenomenal shape still at 61. Huge and lean.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:49 PM »
If you are talking about Rory staying in shape his entire life and wanting pics...just go to his instagram. He updates weekly with video and pics. He is in phenomenal shape still at 61. Huge and lean.

Dayumm...  here's one for those of you too lazy to go look him up yourself.  I'll give him a pass for dyeing his hair because he looks so damn good and he still HAS hair so good for him.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 10:28:30 PM »
Dayumm...  here's one for those of you too lazy to go look him up yourself.  I'll give him a pass for dyeing his hair because he looks so damn good and he still HAS hair so good for him.

61 years old? wow- he's amazing

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 01:35:56 AM »
Flawless physique back then.. Tall too