Author Topic: is Arnold Schwarzenegger the most important person of our generation?  (Read 1795 times)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Arnold became the most iconic person of bodybuilding to ever step foot on stage. The most wellpaid actor of all time. And also a respected politician with very much influence in the world. Is he the most important person of our time?
MIRAGETROPIN

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: is Arnold Schwarzenegger the most important person of our generation?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 07:55:55 AM »
Depends what you mean by important. Famous/known? He might be the most famous person in the World. Or was atleast. The newer generations probably are pretty clueless. Bieber is probably more known for the 00- generation and forward...

His impact in the World was mostly just in the fitness industry.

A person like Bill Gates or something like that is probably more important in terms of making an impact.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »
He was definitely on his way to something greater than state governorship, but immediately after that TPTB cut him loose... it happened practically overnight.  Interesting figure, but his big mistake was busting a nut in that Mexican thing.  

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 07:58:34 AM »
His life’s achievements will be made to look worthless in comparison to what Vincent goodrum will have achieved when he reaches Arnold’s age

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 08:01:21 AM »
Tell me another person to make it in 3 totally diffrent endaviours? It's very cool.
MIRAGETROPIN

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 08:24:38 AM »
Surely not the most important person of our generation. That would require him having a massive globAl impact for the greater good of mankind. I cannot think of one thing in his accomplishments to date that has had this effect.
   Arnold Schwarzenegger could possibly be the most driven to succeed in our generation however. His drive to be the best in every endeavor he took and fulfilling that goal is very telling. His impact on the fitness industry is where he left the biggest mark in terms of a global impact.
   As for being a respected politician, that's debatable. His celebrity status is how he got into politics, it's also what gives him weight in his political speeches to date. His leadership as governor of California was pretty dismal. Instead of bringing the state out of its crisis he helped to put it on track for decades of further regulatory controles choking business and driving industry out of California instead of into it. To be fair California was so far gone by the time Arnold took office that he had a uphill shit river to paddle to fix. He certainly changed during this time and has since become a liberal idiot climate change advocate. His movie career is all but gone, yes he still makes money from it, yet no movie since the 90s has really made any global interest or impact. Hence Arnold constantly referencing the "Ill be back" phrase.
   No he is far from being the most important figure of our time.
h

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »
No, but there will never be a bigger action star.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 08:50:57 AM »
Tell me another person to make it in 3 totally diffrent endaviours? It's very cool.

Vince Goodrum.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »
Vince Goodrum.

Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO:

1) business mogul
2) expert trainer/nutrionist
3) social media tycoon
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 09:12:06 AM »
He was definitely on his way to something greater than state governorship, but immediately after that TPTB cut him loose... it happened practically overnight.  Interesting figure, but his big mistake was busting a nut in that Mexican thing.  
His son from another woman will be Arnold's redemption. He will have more drive to prove himself than his half brothers. His a son of Hispanic immigrant, whose father is an Austrian immigrant, and the greatest bodybuilder of all time. This kid has so many paths that he could take, and be a leader in every path.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »
He'll be remembered certainly after others have faded, but someone like Ronald Reagan is absolutely far more important. I'd be willing to give him second most important actor/statesman of the 20th century. Then it's a drop to Jesse Ventura.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »
He'll be remembered certainly after others have faded, but someone like Ronald Reagan is absolutely far more important. I'd be willing to give him second most important actor/statesman of the 20th century. Then it's a drop to Jesse Ventura.

schwarzenegger wasn't a statesman in the 20th century and the Rock and other actors planning to run this century may be more effective than a.s. was. Clint Eastwood though, like Reagan, was an effective actor/stateman in the 20th century.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 09:59:13 AM »
Trump has eclipsed Arnold at being successful across multiple endeavours.

Real estate, books (who cares if ghost written, you think AS wrote any of his own?), TV, and politics.

Arnold peaked as Governor, DJT peaked as President.

No one outside of the tiny world of bodybuilding cares a jot that Arnold is the most iconic bodybuilder who will ever live.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
schwarzenegger wasn't a statesman in the 20th century and the Rock and other actors planning to run this century may be more effective than a.s. was. Clint Eastwood though, like Reagan, was an effective actor/stateman in the 20th century.

Alright, then change it to "Our Generation", rather than 20th century, assuming most of Getbig is aged 25 - 45 or so.

Edit -

Trump has eclipsed Arnold at being successful across multiple endeavours.

Real estate, books (who cares if ghost written, you think AS wrote any of his own?), TV, and politics.

Arnold peaked as Governor, DJT peaked as President.

No one outside of the tiny world of bodybuilding cares a jot that Arnold is the most iconic bodybuilder who will ever live.

Strong case, and one that I'm inclined to agree with.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 10:05:27 AM »
Not really.
The only thing he has done was to entertain and get rich, which albeit being a LOT compared to other folks, created no global impact that would seem important.
Nonetheless the boybuilding he and his crew represented back then was pretty cool.

Regarding the Rock - Arnold shits all over him.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 10:16:37 AM »
I would say one of the greatest of all time
Not the greatest
But one of the greatest

To think he came to the USA all by himself hardly speaking English and how hard he worked to get where he is

Incredible drive and vision
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »
u have zero clue about anything
To say the rock is greater is beyond stupid
U really do live in outer space don’t u
Are u a spaceman?
w

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 10:20:08 AM »
He Ruined his legacy, he is now an irreverent jealous beta cuckold obsessed with Trump.
He is nothing more than and old broken ugly who can only hookup with pigs.
K

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »

The point is that a.s. was a great bodybuilder and movie star but, even by his own admission, was not a good governor of California.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 11:45:16 AM »
He Ruined his legacy, he is now an irreverent jealous beta cuckold obsessed with Trump.
He is nothing more than and old broken ugly who can only hookup with pigs.

I don't think he ruined his legacy, but definitely tarnished it.  He probably still could have a different woman every night if he wanted to.  Just think of all the dime pieces he had before he met Skelator.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 11:53:39 AM »
Still one of the greatest men of our time. It's a very cool acomplishment.
MIRAGETROPIN

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO:

3) social media TYC00N

I had no idea you were such a racist.  Very disappointing.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »
I don't think he ruined his legacy, but definitely tarnished it.  He probably still could have a different woman every night if he wanted to.  Just think of all the dime pieces he had before he met Skelator.

that was 25 years ago maybe more, I am talking now.
K

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »
Believe it or not , Most people remember Arnold for Terminator and his I'll be back line.  And that's it.

People don't even know what MrOympia is or if is the most important bodybuilding show.

Like someone said, people under age 30 don't have a clue who Arnold is ( main reason Why all his movies have failed since he left politics)

Miley Cirus,the Kardashians ,Justin B, Lady Gaga, The Rock, and even Madonna (59) have more following in curren generation than Arnold just to name a few

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
Dwayne Johnson ( the Rock ) will surpass Arnold in movies ( if he hasn't already) and will land a nomination at the Oscars ( in less than 10 years from now  ) something Arnold never has done ......

You heard it here first.