Author Topic: My two cents to stand or kneel by a man who served u.s.m.c.  (Read 12071 times)

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Re: My two cents to stand or kneel by a man who served u.s.m.c.
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 06:27:47 PM »
Protest all you want....but on your own time...

Whose time is it?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 06:31:42 PM »
Hopefully you're not suggesting the MalcomX would have wanted them to "stand" for the national anthem

here's another quote from MalcomX

I am suggesting that the black men have been "maneuvered" (by their own doing) into kneeling, just like with the "sit ins". They could stand with their fists in the air.

I have watched all of these, and he is correct. Especially the 1st and second one.

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »
who's time,,??   they are at "work".... period....  i surely cannot kneel and protest during the workday..... not sure many could.... play your game... make your big $$ chasing a little leather ball.... but air your complaints before  entering the stadium or after the game  ....... troll me all day... idc... Semper Fi..

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 06:46:29 PM »
I am suggesting that the black men have been "maneuvered" (by their own doing) into kneeling, just like with the "sit ins". They could stand with their fists in the air.
I have watched all of these, and he is correct. Especially the 1st and second one.

interesting perspective

Colin Kaepernick was maneuvered into kneeling by his own doing?

I don't understand how that works

It is an interesting point that you bring up

When Trump decided to pick this fight (something we all know he loves to do, especially when he thinks he can bully someone) there were only about 10 players kneeling

The next weekend there were ~ 200 or 250 so maybe Trump is the one who maneuvered them into kneeling

Do you think people who protest the kneeling would be any less riled up if they stood with their fists in the air and maybe wearing a black glove?

btw - the sit ins had nothing to do with just "sitting"

They could have sat in the park if it was just about sitting

They served a purpose and many of them were arrested and it was just because they happened to be sitting

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 06:50:45 PM »
I Have always believed in freedom of speech religion expression so on and so forth. America and what we do as a country has never been perfect our laws have been tested sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad it has worked against the minority THATS A FACT ... over many years back to Ellis island we as a country have opened our arms to all people race creed color and no not all have been treated fairly over the years myself I had family who came from Italy to Ellis island the stories my family told us of how they and many others were treated beaten spit on killed even but this was America and they made it work never once bad mouthing or turning there backs on the anthem....

black lives matter is what started all this and I agree some cops are out of control. but make a real stand if you want to make a point let the NFL players who EAT SLEEP AND MAKE MILLIONS PLAYING A GAME. Take your time and money go to the inner city start college funds through the schools to promote those who finish high school with a 3.0 GPA a part of a college fund..

All the NFL players who kneel march on congress push to have a bill passed to have cops use the rubber bullet guns they have and other means other than shoot first...

bottom line there have always been groups who have been treated badly killed and beaten through out history this is your country if you don't like whats going on work for change but get the fuck off your knees or get out...

Funny how people forget that other Americans have the right to peaceful protest.
Disrespect the flag? Get the fuck out of here. Hell, you can legally burn a flag, it is part of freedom.
Do I stand for the flag? Absolutely, but do others have the right not too? Yes. Freedom is awesome.
I don’t understand what losers are getting out of bitching about what others do within their legal rights. If you don’t like it, stop watching fucking NFL! That is the only “get out” that is involved.

Oh and P.S. my dad is a disabled Veteran so he is 1000 Times the man you are.  ;)
A

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 06:56:10 PM »
you're certainly entitled to your own opinion but that's all it is...your opinion

Here's a picture of WWII Vet John Middlemas kneeling in solidarity with the NFL players and he said "“Those kids have every right to protest.”

You see, everyone can have a different opinion in this country

It's part of what makes us a great country

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/25/ww2-veteran-97-kneels-in-support-protesting-athletes.html

They took advantage of an old man with dementia.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
The Black Lives Matter movement is based on a lie.

As is Antifa

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 07:12:54 PM »
pro sport fans are familys who eat meat drink beer n easily entertained,  this breed just keeps getting reborn, they have no other interests in life
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 07:23:03 PM »
They took advantage of an old man with dementia.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the kind of person to libel a WWII veteran by accusing him of this so you must have some proof of this claim that he has dementia and was taken advantage of

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 07:23:58 PM »
interesting perspective

Colin Kaepernick was maneuvered into kneeling by his own doing?

I don't understand how that works

It is an interesting point that you bring up

When Trump decided to pick this fight (something we all know he loves to do, especially when he thinks he can bully someone) there were only about 10 players kneeling

The next weekend there were ~ 200 or 250 so maybe Trump is the one who maneuvered them into kneeling

Do you think people who protest the kneeling would be any less riled up if they stood with their fists in the air and maybe wearing a black glove?

btw - the sit ins had nothing to do with just "sitting"

They could have sat in the park if it was just about sitting

They served a purpose and many of them were arrested and it was just because they happened to be sitting

Not Colin but the others. And Trump should have stayed out of it. Yet, he is doing what Obama was accused of doing.

At this point, people will be riled up either way. People got riled up when players had taken a knee before the anthem. But, if they stand and raised their fist, people cannot say that they are being disrespectful, because people used to do the Bellamy salute the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance.

You can't be that dense to what Malcolm was saying. He was saying that it was form of weakness. Which it is.
The success was what? Yes, many were arrested for staging sit ins of white establishments that wouldn't serve them.
Here is the full quote:
Rather than to force our way into someone else's restaurant or public place that they have established, we should get our own. Once we have our own, we're respected for the fact that we can create our own. That's equality right there.

Also, read the paragraph above the one you posted (from Malcolm X's 1964 speech The Ballot or The Bullet), it gives more context to what you posted

Malcolm was ahead of his time. In regards to the second part of the quote I posted, he has echoed what many before him have said. Even Thomas Sowell has said this now.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »
just curious, when did we agree that kneeling was disrespectful?
I must have missed that vote

I don't see any problem with peaceful, non-violent political protest.
Some people might find it uncomfortable or distasteful just as others might find KKK marches or the Westborough Baptist Church distasteful.  Same way they might find pro-life or pro-choice distasteful
That's actually a protected right in this country and actually part of what the flag represents.

290 Protesters were arrested in Russia over the weekend

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/europe/russia-protest-navalny-putin/index.html
Good post

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 09:55:15 PM »
Miami Dolphins Offensive Line Coach Records Himself Doing Lines Of Coke!

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshh3kXDWv0vj6vdIWp9

Wtf??!!!

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 07:19:40 AM »
who's time,,??   they are at "work".... period....  i surely cannot kneel and protest during the workday..... not sure many could.... play your game... make your big $$ chasing a little leather ball.... but air your complaints before  entering the stadium or after the game  ....... troll me all day... idc... Semper Fi..

Welcome to North Korea

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 07:21:16 AM »
ooooooh rah devil dog leather neck brother
p

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 07:28:05 AM »
Blacklivesmatter is how the left keeps the hebrews still enslaved, by endocrination.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 07:29:54 AM »
We could debate this until the day we die
1. everyone has a right to protest no one is taking that away from them
2. there is a time and place they chose to make themselves look relevant; where was the protest when black gang members are killing there own every day..they didn't kneel then.
3. respect the nation you live in and make a living in there are other ways to protest.
4. we all have a reason to take a knee jews blacks Asians whites every nationality we are a mix pot of people but we don't kneel we use our voices we take action for change.
p

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 07:31:31 AM »

Funny how people forget that other Americans have the right to peaceful protest.
Disrespect the flag? Get the fuck out of here. Hell, you can legally burn a flag, it is part of freedom.
Do I stand for the flag? Absolutely, but do others have the right not too? Yes. Freedom is awesome.
I don’t understand what losers are getting out of bitching about what others do within their legal rights. If you don’t like it, stop watching fucking NFL! That is the only “get out” that is involved.

Oh and P.S. my dad is a disabled Veteran so he is 1000 Times the man you are.  ;)
Why are you bitching about what others do within their legal rights?

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 07:44:06 AM »
its a discussion points of view no bitching, thoughts expressions we all have them if you have anything intelligent to say then say it
p

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »

So, to sum all of this up:

1) Everyone has a constitutional right to protest.
2) People are going to bitch and moan when they don't agree with the protests of the other side, even if its a peaceful protest.
3) People will continue to protest areas of life where they feel needs reform.
4) We should move on.
X

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
And just to prove what I meant about relevant kapernick started the whole thing his career about over and he knew it, where was he a few years back when he was at his peak no kneeling then wasn't going to jeopardize his career he started this shit when he was on his way out..................... ............... yea he cares
p

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 07:52:32 AM »
Football is the easiest of all the major sports to not watch. It has the shortest season and the most consolidated schedule. The on-field product is mediocre at best. The televised presentation is a drawn out mess  that stretches a one hour game into a four hour ordeal. Going to one of these games is a giant pain in the ass and once you get there you get raped at every turn: ticket prices, concessions and parking.

This kneeling deal is just the cherry on top of a shit Sundae on Sunday.

Find something else to do. It’s not that hard if you try.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 08:09:46 AM »
Football is the easiest of all the major sports to not watch. It has the shortest season and the most consolidated schedule. The on-field product is mediocre at best. The televised presentation is a drawn out mess  that stretches a one hour game into a four hour ordeal. Going to one of these games is a giant pain in the ass and once you get there you get raped at every turn: ticket prices, concessions and parking.

This kneeling deal is just the cherry on top of a shit Sundae on Sunday.

Find something else to do. It’s not that hard if you try.

Amen TL.  Sports is a waste of money and your precious time.  I cannot imagine spending all weekend in front of tv watching/supporting these spoiled rich brats playing a game.  You sports freaks here need to wake the fuck up... you are being used.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
Go to a museum or zoo or for a hike, instead of watching football.
X

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 08:43:37 AM »
when are they going to protest the brew on brew violence that plagues late night chicken shops?

This is the stupidest argument ever. When deshaun kills tyrone he ends up in jail, they're more than enough metrics to back that up. Secondly cops should be held to a higher standard