Author Topic: My two cents to stand or kneel by a man who served u.s.m.c.  (Read 12079 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: My two cents to stand or kneel by a man who served u.s.m.c.
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2017, 08:23:44 PM »
There are some protests I agree with and some protests I don't agree with.

With that in mind, I can either conduct a counter-protest or I can just respect their constitutional rights.

However, I don't see a point of bitching and moaning about it on getbig.

I've had to protect KKK members during their rally, I've had to protect BLM members during their rally. I didn't agree with either group, but I respected their right to peacefully protest. That's part of what I like about our country.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:25 PM »
BLM for me.. being a career police officer, lost their credibility in 2 ways. One, they protested clearly justified shootings, almost to the point ANY deadly force used against a black person was considered police brutality. You just can't have a reasonable dialogue with people like that. 2. Some of the crowd used the protests that were initially peaceful, to take out their frustration on innocent businesses and property, making it about violence and property damage. I think at this point they are a lost cause. It's sad because there are examples where police have screwed up and need to be held accountable. There are instances where it seemed, some cops actions against minorities have been down played and consequences were little more than slaps on the wrists. We do need to talk about that.  There is room for improvement.. most cops I worked with are very open to bridging that gap, but when you start saying every shooting of a black man or woman is unjust, we just can't meet in the middle on that...

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2017, 11:51:27 PM »
BLM for me.. being a career police officer, lost their credibility in 2 ways. One, they protested clearly justified shootings, almost to the point ANY deadly force used against a black person was considered police brutality. You just can't have a reasonable dialogue with people like that. 2. Some of the crowd used the protests that were initially peaceful, to take out their frustration on innocent businesses and property, making it about violence and property damage. I think at this point they are a lost cause. It's sad because there are examples where police have screwed up and need to be held accountable. There are instances where it seemed, some cops actions against minorities have been down played and consequences were little more than slaps on the wrists. We do need to talk about that.  There is room for improvement.. most cops I worked with are very open to bridging that gap, but when you start saying every shooting of a black man or woman is unjust, we just can't meet in the middle on that...

I didn't know you were a cop.  Maybe I did but just forgot.  Thank you for doing a thankless job.

I don't think people realize how fast things happen and how little time you have to think when you are in a situation when you may need to use deadly force.

It's very easy to be a Monday morning quarterback but not so easy when you are in the line of fire and accountable for your decisions.  This is an excellent video on the subject and I think people should watch.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2017, 02:25:20 AM »
BLM for me.. being a career police officer, lost their credibility in 2 ways. One, they protested clearly justified shootings, almost to the point ANY deadly force used against a black person was considered police brutality. You just can't have a reasonable dialogue with people like that. 2. Some of the crowd used the protests that were initially peaceful, to take out their frustration on innocent businesses and property, making it about violence and property damage. I think at this point they are a lost cause. It's sad because there are examples where police have screwed up and need to be held accountable. There are instances where it seemed, some cops actions against minorities have been down played and consequences were little more than slaps on the wrists. We do need to talk about that.  There is room for improvement.. most cops I worked with are very open to bridging that gap, but when you start saying every shooting of a black man or woman is unjust, we just can't meet in the middle on that...

I don’t know where you worked, but I’ve had family and friends on the job in some pretty bad parts of NYC. From what I’ve seen, most cops there are perfectly happy not to get overly  involved as doing so only gets you in trouble via complaints from people looking to hit the ghetto lottery by winning a lawsuit against the city.

Sure, there are some bad cops but the reality is they are more likely to be set up than the other way around. And the idea that the police are the primary cause of the problems in the African American community is a joke.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 09:57:36 AM »
I don’t know where you worked, but I’ve had family and friends on the job in some pretty bad parts of NYC. From what I’ve seen, most cops there are perfectly happy not to get overly  involved as doing so only gets you in trouble via complaints from people looking to hit the ghetto lottery by winning a lawsuit against the city.

Sure, there are some bad cops but the reality is they are more likely to be set up than the other way around. And the idea that the police are the primary cause of the problems in the African American community is a joke.

I was in Austin Tx. I agree the concept that Cops are their biggest problem is false. But having spent 10 years in the Military policing and 24 years in the civilian world starting out as a rookie and retiring at the Commander rank I will be the first to say police departments and police in general have room for improvement and that is certainly worth discussing. But yes, in my opinion just based on my experience and talking to other officers from Departments around the country, most cops the vast majority are good cops trying to catch bad guys and serve their communities and hate bad cops more than the public does. We need to recalibrate our police unions who defend every cop almost no matter what, and we need to, when someone is identified through actions or words to not be suitable for the job, show them the door before we're watching them on CNN   

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 10:21:27 AM »
Based black man on "racist" cops.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »
If you’re going to make claims of racism in the police force. You’re going to have to explain why this racism doesn’t extend to Asians.

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/year-end-2016-enforcement-report.pdf

The race/ethnicity of known Robbery suspects is primarily Black (66.2%). Hispanic suspects account for an additional (27.2%) of the suspect population. White suspects account for (4.2%) of all Robbery suspects while Asian /Pacific Islanders accounted for (2.0%) of known Robbery suspects.