Author Topic: new golds gym opened near me  (Read 2144 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
new golds gym opened near me
« on: October 10, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
brand new golds gym about 8 minutes from my house. joined about 6 months ago, 20 a month, 0 down. went yesterday for the first time. very nice, outdoor pool, jazzui, beautiful locker room.
brand new equipment. very nice, the only problem so far is the young punks working out. all Asians, cell phones out, taking selfies as they bench 135. but I just put on my music and they stay out of my way.

I always tell people if they have a chance to join a new gym, do it. smells like a new car inside. ::) ::) ::)

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: new golds gym opened near me
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 05:51:15 PM »
take some pics of the gym

what city?

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:31 PM »
It ain't over.
Air Falcon

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:09:52 PM »
its in garden grove. I joined the golds gym in Fullerton a few years ago, and it seem like they use the same package. dumbbells up to 125, straight bars up to 120. three bench's, two incline, all of the hammer strength machines.
but the cardio equipment is state of the art, brand new. but for me its just the newness of the place. beautiful tile work in the locker room, big lockers, nice bathroom, and a outdoor pool that will be done in a few week

I'm leaving a UFC GYM that I love, but its a little far in traffic. GOLDS will be much closer for me.

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:44:28 PM »
All box gyms are nice imo, the only difference is what time you go.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:44 PM »
take some pics of the gym

what city?

2x take some pics brah.

You afe lucky judochoke to has such great gyms in the area.
I thought golds gym was having a hard time as a gymchain at the moment, are they?
How they can run a business with $ 20 a month membershipfee stil amazes me. How it this possible?

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 03:10:05 AM »
Tried to train at the one in Dubai a few weeks back when passing through for work, absolute crap full of brand new hoist equipment which is crap IMO and they wanted some ridiculous fee. Ended up leaving, just trained in the hotel. Anyone who thinks Dubai is a great place needs to get around more, plenty of modern buildings, no personality and I'm aware of the seedy underbelly, but its got nothing on the other great cities of the world. Arab shithole.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 03:14:22 AM »
Tried to train at the one in Dubai a few weeks back when passing through for work, absolute crap full of brand new hoist equipment which is crap IMO and they wanted some ridiculous fee. Ended up leaving, just trained in the hotel. Anyone who thinks Dubai is a great place needs to get around more, plenty of modern buildings, no personality and I'm aware of the seedy underbelly, but its got nothing on the other great cities of the world. Arab shithole.

did you nail any hot arab sluts?

zedzedeleven

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 03:58:05 AM »
Prefer old gyms with history. Faint smell of sweat, old but properly maintained equipment, serious clients and experienced owners. Realistic fees, no music no aircon no skinny dudes no fat bitches, puke bucket by the squat cage and at least two (well designed) Smith machines. And that creepy bastard in the mauve track suit that was in there all day every day but never seemed to break sweat, get rid of him as well. Vince Gironda had it about right, loved the look of some of his equipment, especially the plain wooden benches worn smooth with age and marinated with sweat.

Simple Simon

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 04:09:18 AM »

No Arabs in Dubai, its full of Indians.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 04:45:24 AM »

I always tell people if they have a chance to join a new gym, do it. smells like a new car inside. ::) ::) ::)

Unless you've conquered your smelly nutsack issues, that new car smell will be gone by now.
Y

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 05:32:45 AM »

Derrick Rigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
Gold's is making a comeback in the Houston area over the past 5-8 years. Now, they have some locations in small suburbs. Only been to one of them in north Houston when I had long hair. Got a lot of crap for being bber with long hair and a beard

How times have changed.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »
Gold's is making a comeback in the Houston area over the past 5-8 years. Now, they have some locations in small suburbs. Only been to one of them in north Houston when I had long hair. Got a lot of crap for being bber with long hair and a beard

How times have changed.

golds gymd in texas in general

El Paso Golds is pretty legit.  close to the boarder, some military/gov peeps, crazy latinas etc etc

Austin Texas gold is downtown Austin so more clean/modern streamline

the golds in college station (TEXAS A&M) WAS legit - solid ass platforms, weights, smoothies, college bros, military peeps etc

golds downtown seattle was quiet and small  same with golds downtown phoenix (now called EOS)

footnote (golds downtown Austin, phoenix and seattle) were nice gyms and awesome bathrooms/showers meant for the downtown professional but the gyms were weak in terms of getting swole etc etc

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »
I like gyms with BodyMasters equipment or new precor shit

Hammer strength is nice but everywhere - bodymasters is top notch

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 12:42:45 PM »
I like gyms with BodyMasters equipment or new precor shit

Hammer strength is nice but everywhere - bodymasters is top notch
I just cannot get used to the angle on the smith machine, I like the ones that are straight up and down
p

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »
I just cannot get used to the angle on the smith machine, I like the ones that are straight up and down

I hate ge angled ones as well

I work at a large ass warehouse and do inventory , we sell commercial gym equipment on the east coast , mainly a lot of precor since they are out of NC

Nautilus has some nice plate loaded shit but it’s expensive and you don’t see it much

macgyver

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »
I was thinking of joining the Anaheim location  :o

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »

How times have changed.

I trained at Golds Dallas in June great facility and at Venice in April, that's why Dubai was such a disappointment, they need to ensure franchisees support their global reputation was surprised as other USA chains like cheesecake are represented pretty well in comparison there, typical arab owners don't need the money and you can see that in the way its run.