Author Topic: Phil Hernon - Videos on Training and Diet - Great info!  (Read 9730 times)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
Phil Hernon - Videos on Training and Diet - Great info!
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:24:43 AM »
I know many hate the man...for whatever stupid reason they have. Internet gossip...second hand info....whatever. But I have spent quite a lot of time watching his short rants and informative youtube videos and I gotta say...Phil has some of the best info and insight into training and diet on the web.

Opened up my eyes to a ton of stuff that I have implemented into my own training and have gotten incredible results fron a lot of it. And this is after my 34 years of training. So instead of just bagging on the guy and listening to haters...try to just watch his videos. Even the ones that annoy you...just keep moving on until you get to the good stuff. I will start with a good one in which Phil talks about his daily 1 set per bodypart high rep to failure full body workouts. Very good honest info from one of the best. And no...I am not Phil.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Phil Hernons youtube videos
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »
2 cents...he needs to chill with the Melontan II

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 08:30:47 AM »
He no longer looks crazy tan like that. He just finished 40 rounds of radiation for prostate cancer and still looks in phenominal shape at a lean and muscular 202lbs. Check out his recent facebook posts. Phil is a really good dude...who made some mistakes as we all do. But a really good guy.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »
He no longer looks crazy tan like that. He just finished 40 rounds of radiation for prostate cancer and still looks in phenominal shape at a lean and muscular 202lbs. Check out his recent facebook posts. Phil is a really good dude...who made some mistakes as we all do. But a really good guy.

Hi Phil  ;D

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 08:36:45 AM »

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »
he's got some weird theory about bosu ball training now.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 01:15:19 PM »
he's got some weird theory about bosu ball training now.
Yes he does. My old training partner works out in the same gym as Phil in Florida. Hernon does 90% of his training lifts on the Bosu Ball. Not for balance agility training as most idiots do....but for the natural GH release that comes from training in a unstable environment. But yes...Phil does train that way and for many months now. As well as only using resistance bands instead of weights.  And he still looks incredible.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 01:24:25 PM »
Yes he does. My old training partner works out in the same gym as Phil in Florida. Hernon does 90% of his training lifts on the Bosu Ball. Not for balance agility training as most idiots do....but for the natural GH release that comes from training in a unstable environment. But yes...Phil does train that way and for many months now. As well as only using resistance bands instead of weights.  And he still looks incredible.

In other words he looks great because he stays active and his genetics haven't changed from when he was a pro bodybuilder.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »
In other words he looks great because he stays active and his genetics haven't changed from when he was a pro bodybuilder.
Yes....you could say that. Would be the case for most like him.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 02:21:31 PM »

Holly shit x10...looks black and weird looking
real men= no rubbers

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 02:27:40 PM »
his 3 day per week training program is the best ever imo.

the 1 set every day thing I tried but got joint pain.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 04:02:43 PM »
his 3 day per week training program is the best ever imo.

the 1 set every day thing I tried but got joint pain.
From what I know...Phil cycles each training days intensity. 1 day all out failure.  Then 1 or 2 days of no failure. So as to avoid such. And always 15-30 reps.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 12:09:29 PM »
Used to (personal) train with a guy who went to high school with Phil or college , idk somewhere out in Cali

But he would talk about Phil a lot and I remember him always mentioning Phil would carry around a gallon of milk constantly ,

Wtf kind of shit is is that ? I just don’t trust anyone who would do such a thing , good lord

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 12:20:38 PM »
Very odd looking person

Dens228

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 07:14:14 AM »
From what I know...Phil cycles each training days intensity. 1 day all out failure.  Then 1 or 2 days of no failure. So as to avoid such. And always 15-30 reps.

So Phil,
What's your financial involvement with X-3 now that you're pimping training with bands?

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 07:31:59 AM »
So Phil,
What's your financial involvement with X-3 now that you're pimping training with bands?
oh boy...another conspiracy theorist. Go make yourself a tinfoil hat.

Dens228

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 08:17:21 AM »
oh boy...another conspiracy theorist. Go make yourself a tinfoil hat.

How is the fact that you come up with new "next best things" and push them to your followers a conspiracy theory?
It's guerrilla marketing at it's finest.
It's inquiring minds want to know, not conspiring minds..........lol

darkeyes

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 08:28:20 AM »
Used to (personal) train with a guy who went to high school with Phil or college , idk somewhere out in Cali

But he would talk about Phil a lot and I remember him always mentioning Phil would carry around a gallon of milk constantly ,

Wtf kind of shit is is that ? I just don’t trust anyone who would do such a thing , good lord
maybe he knew something we don't. seriously who walks around with a gallon of milk :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
Looks like somebody from an island where the bananas are full of melatonin and aa-ss.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »
How is the fact that you come up with new "next best things" and push them to your followers a conspiracy theory?
It's guerrilla marketing at it's finest.
It's inquiring minds want to know, not conspiring minds..........lol
Do you really believe that I am Phil Hernon? I am not...sorry to burst your bubble.

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 02:50:06 PM »
maybe he knew something we don't. seriously who walks around with a gallon of milk :-\

.. Many years ago I remember seeing Chuck Sipes at several west coast bodybuilding contests where he was a judge  .. He always had a quart of milk with him

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »
.. Many years ago I remember seeing Chuck Sipes at several west coast bodybuilding contests where he was a judge  .. He always had a quart of milk with him

Cheap protein n kcals.

Roughly 3500kcals in a gallon. There were many weeks last yr when coming off that ankle injury I'd drink 6-7gal a week.

Dens228

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 05:18:36 PM »
Do you really believe that I am Phil Hernon? I am not...sorry to burst your bubble.

At the very least you're a "Hernion" then.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 09:02:24 PM »
At the very least you're a "Hernion" then.
A HERNION? Thats some funny shit.

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 10:26:58 PM »
Some of the exercises he promotes I feel strongly for, underhand grip shoulder-width pull-ups and the dumbbell bent-over rows for upper back are great for me.