Author Topic: Quotes from an old schmoe I know....  (Read 28231 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Quotes from an old schmoe I know....
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »
Let us forget about the so-called scientific community because they aren't interested in 19 inch muscular arms.

The Getbig community is typical of guys who lift weights. They already have belief systems that contain many errors and not much truth. They literally would not recognize the truth if it was presented to them.

The other problem which is not easy to overcome is going from an idea to the application of that method. I can post what to do but goodness me Getbiggers have no clue what to do. Do I have to spoon feed brilliant minds like Chaos? Seems so.

Well, I am not interested in being their personal trainer. Intelligent people can take an idea and apply it. I have even explained which particular exercises are effective. It is all there.

Then we have pseudo-intellects like that SF dick who won't try something because he doesn't have the vocabulary. Well, I don't have the time to do Hypertrophy 101.

The only other person on Getbig who has presented a method for hypertrophy is Pellius. It turns out that he does a method almost identical to mine but we disagree on frequency. 3 or 4 days seems to be ideal.

I've already stated 100 times that, even if the scientific community does not care about 19" arms, if you presented a sound theory with evidence, scientists would care. Scientists would generalize your results to other populations, despite it not being the same exact population. Yet, you keep harping on and using that as an excuse. The scientific community does not care about your hypertrophy hypothesis because you have not provided any data. Its quite simple. And, when pressed to present evidence, you continue to display the same logical fallacies over and over and over again. This is why you have not written any reputable papers or have been published in any peer-reviewed journals.

Anyone can explain anything. Big whoop. Your hypothesis means absolutely nothing.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2017, 03:52:18 PM »
Well, yes and no.

If you want to produce mediocre results with poor methodology and statistics, then sure, anyone can produce data; however, it will likely be replete with threats to internal and external validity, thereby making the research pretty pointless. No good scientist will take poor methodology and statistics seriously.

But, if you want to produce research with sound methodology and statistics, that takes skills and is often connected to years of studying.

It's a pipe dream. He wrote a hypertrophy article for Ironman in 2001. 16 years later and still nothing. What else do you think he has been working on in 16 years?  ??? ??? If it has not already happened, it most likely will not happen. Time will tell? I wonder where the last 16 years went.

If this hypothesis worked it would be shared throughout the bodybuilding community and Vince B would be famous in the fitness industry for his system that is able to achieve replicated results among numerous weight training individuals.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2017, 04:03:18 PM »
If this hypothesis worked it would be shared throughout the bodybuilding community and Vince B would be famous in the fitness industry for his system that is able to achieve replicated results among numerous weight training individuals.

Exactly. But it has not. Sooooooo.............
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »
I like doing thought experiments. Always fun and occasionally productive.

Okay, here is one. Suppose I am going to present a talk on making your muscles bigger. The assembled group of frustrated young bodybuilders really want to know what to do.

Not one of these guys has paid his dues and got significant results. Lifting weights isn't rocket science I am told. Well, how come these guys can't get big and do it quickly?

I look at the empty faces and wonder if they are even capable of comprehending then applying something new. I shake my head because I know I am wasting my time.

Bodybuilders as a group spend so much time in the gym that they are usually rather socially retarded. Most have no clue how to get a girlfriend.

So I ask the group if they would rather learn about how to be successful with women instead of getting bigger arms. To a man they elect Dating 101!

Yes, someone who has been around for many times their lifetime should surely know a thing or two about woman. Not everything because no one knows that much.

I tell them that it is more difficult to get rid of women than to get them. They cannot accept that statement. How is that possible?

How it goes is something like this. First of all you have to understand something well. When you have paid your dues through trial and error you know what works and what doesn't work.

The knowledge allows you to control people. You can even make them fall in love with you. Now I don't advocate that anyone do this in a reckless fashion because there is no need to hurt anyone.

But that is the truth. There is a formula. Those who have this knowledge can make selected women do exactly that. Naturally the selected women have to show an interest in the first place.

Okay, so let's get back to Bodybuilding 100. We lift weights in a progressive fashion and exert ourselves so how come we aren't growing? Why do people stay on plateaus? Why are there lonely people out there?

No one should be lonely in our society but countless thousands are. Countless thousands of people who lift weighs are staying the same.

How on earth can anyone save either group? The hapless Getbiggers who have neither large muscles or dates are a particularly wretched assembly. No one can help them.

Why is that? Well, they have absorbed so much crap on the internet and in gyms that they are now unable to accept anything new.

What does DJ believe from his experience lifting weights? He needs specific anabolic agents to make any gains but is unable to develop any significant size.

Would he recognize the truth if he saw it? He has no hope in hell of doing so. He defaults to his broscience. He concludes he hasn't got the genetics so he needs drugs.

How does DJ do on the dating scene? He posted that he sent out 100 messages to attractive women on Tinder and didn't receive even one reply. Light a candle for this bloke next time you are in a church!

Dating, bodybuilding, etc., same thing. Not so easy to be successful unless you have the right formula. Would you know it if you saw it? Sadly, NO.

So what is the point of my presenting anything here to the Flotsam? They don't have the appropriate vocabulary to comprehend basic physiology or psychology. No one can help them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »

Okay, here is one. Suppose I am going to present a talk on making your muscles bigger. The assembled group of frustrated young bodybuilders really want to know what to do.

Not one of these guys has paid his dues and got significant results. Lifting weights isn't rocket science I am told. Well, how come these guys can't get big and do it quickly?

I look at the empty faces and wonder if they are even capable of comprehending then applying something new. I shake my head because I know I am wasting my time.

Bodybuilders as a group spend so much time in the gym that they are usually rather socially retarded. Most have no clue how to get a girlfriend.

So I ask the group if they would rather learn about how to be successful with women instead of getting bigger arms. To a man they elect Dating 101!

Yes, someone who has been around for many times their lifetime should surely know a thing or two about woman. Not everything because no one knows that much.

I tell them that it is more difficult to get rid of women than to get them. They cannot accept that statement. How is that possible?

How it goes is something like this. First of all you have to understand something well. When you have paid your dues through trial and error you know what works and what doesn't work.

The knowledge allows you to control people. You can even make them fall in love with you. Now I don't advocate that anyone do this in a reckless fashion because there is no need to hurt anyone.

But that is the truth. There is a formula. Those who have this knowledge can make selected women do exactly that. Naturally the selected women have to show an interest in the first place.

Okay, so let's get back to Bodybuilding 100. We lift weights in a progressive fashion and exert ourselves so how come we aren't growing? Why do people stay on plateaus? Why are there lonely people out there?

No one should be lonely in our society but countless thousands are. Countless thousands of people who lift weighs are staying the same.

How on earth can anyone save either group? The hapless Getbiggers who have neither large muscles or dates are a particularly wretched assembly. No one can help them.

Why is that? Well, they have absorbed so much crap on the internet and in gyms that they are now unable to accept anything new.

What does DJ believe from his experience lifting weights? He needs specific anabolic agents to make any gains but is unable to develop any significant size.

Would he recognize the truth if he saw it? He has no hope in hell of doing so. He defaults to his broscience. He concludes he hasn't got the genetics so he needs drugs.

How does DJ do on the dating scene? He posted that he sent out 100 messages to attractive women on Tinder and didn't receive even one reply. Light a candle for this bloke next time you are in a church!

Dating, bodybuilding, etc., same thing. Not so easy to be successful unless you have the right formula. Would you know it if you saw it? Sadly, NO.

So what is the point of my presenting anything here to the Flotsam? They don't have the appropriate vocabulary to comprehend basic physiology or psychology. No one can help them.

I didn't read this overly long statement because it means nothing without solid evidence from randomized control trials.

Hope this helps.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »
I didn't read this overly long statement because it means nothing without solid evidence from randomized control trials.

Hope this helps.

QED!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2017, 04:24:36 PM »
QED!

Not without evidence. You have nothing. This is why your hypothesis is not breaking any new grounds in the scientific community. This is all in your head. Nothing more.
X

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2017, 04:32:07 PM »
Come on Vince, I have read through your wall of text and it's just hot air.

Spill the beans.
I still believe in you but this is borderline evasive mockery.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2017, 04:32:32 PM »
Not without evidence. You have nothing. This is why your hypothesis is not breaking any new grounds in the scientific community. This is all in your head. Nothing more.

You don't know it but you are a funny guy. A joke, really. Clinging to your arsenal of put downs.

Let me ask you two questions. Who have you beaten in bodybuilding competitions? The second question I already know the answer to.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »
You don't know it but you are a funny guy. A joke, really. Clinging to your arsenal of put downs.

Let me ask you two questions. Who have you beaten in bodybuilding competitions? The second question I already know the answer to.

I don't need to have beaten anyone in bodybuilding. All I have to do is reject your hypothesis.

Further, we all know you rigged the contest by picking your own judges haha lol. I mean, seriously, who picks their own judges, then is satisfied when they win? Talk about cheating.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2017, 04:34:38 PM »

Spill the beans.

I don't post hot air. You see, if you post that after all the trouble I went to then clearly you don't have the capacity to absorb anything close to Hypertrophy 200.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »

Spill the beans.

In the scientific community, it is "hot air" until the person making the claim presents evidence.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2017, 04:36:40 PM »
I don't need to have beaten anyone in bodybuilding. All I have to do is reject your hypothesis.

Further, we all know you rigged the contest by picking your own judges haha lol. I mean, seriously, who picks their own judges, then is satisfied when they win? Talk about cheating.

Sounds like a massive case of Sour Grapes. What a sad person you are. Online most of the day but not enjoying life or getting results.

Go to university instead of wasting time on the internet.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
In the scientific community, it is "hot air" until the person making the claim presents evidence.

Surely Getbig is not the scientific community. I have no obligation to present anything to them.

Why on earth would I help these nasty people?

If someone approaches me who has respect and the capacity to learn then we might proceed. Otherwise, you guys can find your own methods. Good luck.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
Sounds like a massive case of Sour Grapes. What a sad person you are. Online most of the day but not enjoying life or getting results.

Go to university instead of wasting time on the internet.

lol. Yet, you do not deny picking your own judges. Did you know you were going to win? lol. I enjoy life. With the advent of technology, one can post from anywhere.

You have no idea if I attended university. And, if I did attend university and took a research methodology course, I know for a fact that professors who publish in peer-reviewed journals present evidence to support their hypotheses. Professors would not allow any student to make a claim without supporting evidence, especially one that makes a claim about human functioning.

Hope this helps.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2017, 04:41:43 PM »
Surely Getbig is not the scientific community. I have no obligation to present anything to them.

Why on earth would I help these nasty people?

If someone approaches me who has respect and the capacity to learn then we might proceed. Otherwise, you guys can find your own methods. Good luck.

If you do not have evidence to present, then you cannot call your hypothesis a "theory." Unacceptable in the scientific community.

Further, you have presented your hypothesis elsewhere (Iron Mag and other forums). No matter where you present it, it still lacks solid evidence. You have not provided evidence to your hypothesis through any medium (Iron Mag, getbig, or any other forum).

When pressed, you run away because you know your hypothesis is all fluff.
X

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »

instead of babbling how everyone on here is stupid except you which is total bullsjit and a farce, put your money where your motuh is and post what I suggested

you talk about your theory and have so for years yet not once have you tested it on anyone here to prove yourself

even you doing it on yourself has not shown anything because you train arms for a couple of weeks, get bored/injured/lazy from from working out once a week, then you give up, then you come back on months later, make yet again another claim  for the ypteenth time how you are going to get your arms up to 18 inches so you repeat the action I just stated in this paragraph

you are as bad as arthur jones who blabbed about people only needing 20-30 minutes of brief hard training yet he was too fucking lazy to do it himself the last couple of decades of his life, same deal with Mentzer

everyone has these "theories" yet none of them even train hard if at all and tend to look like my asshole before I wioed after taking a watery dump
"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2017, 04:49:24 PM »
instead of babbling how everyone on here is stupid except you which is total bullsjit and a farce, put your money where your motuh is and post what I suggested

you talk about your theory and have so for years yet not once have you tested it on anyone here to prove yourself

even you doing it on yourself has not shown anything because you train arms for a couple of weeks, get bored/injured/lazy from from working out once a week, then you give up, then you come back on months later, make yet again another claim  for the ypteenth time how you are going to get your arms up to 18 inches so you repeat the action I just stated in this paragraph

you are as bad as arthur jones who blabbed about people only needing 20-30 minutes of brief hard training yet he was too fucking lazy to do it himself the last couple of decades of his life, same deal with Mentzer

everyone has these "theories" yet none of them even train hard if at all and tend to look like my asshole before I wioed after taking a watery dump

Nice try 'Nelson'. I dare say I look better than either Mike or Arthur when they were old. Oops, Mike never made it to 50. I do as I preach. Things going along fine. Arms getting larger and stronger. Even at my age.

I will show 'em. Just wait and see.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2017, 04:52:10 PM »
Yet, still no evidence.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2017, 05:00:07 PM »
Ok, Getbiggers, watch this. Lee knows what to do.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2017, 05:05:40 PM »
Vince, present your theory in a few choice bulletpoints.  I have reached a plateau in my arm hypertrophy and I'm looking for a "plateau buster" .. this theory of yours might be the ticket

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »
Vince, present your theory in a few choice bulletpoints.  I have reached a plateau in my arm hypertrophy and I'm looking for a "plateau buster" .. this theory of yours might be the ticket

It's not a "theory." Its a hypothesis. Lets not do injustice to the scientific community by labeling this a "theory." Just sayin'.

X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »
It's not a "theory." Its a hypothesis. Lets not do injustice to the scientific community by labeling this a "theory." Just sayin'.

You display an anal retentive personality!

I am way beyond any hypothesis. Hope this helps.

Arms almost 18 inches now. Feels good, too. I'll show 'em Getbiggers!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2017, 05:29:56 PM »
You display an anal retentive personality!

I am way beyond any hypothesis. Hope this helps.

Arms almost 18 inches now. Feels good, too. I'll show 'em Getbiggers!

No, you aren't. A "theory" becomes a theory when it has substantial evidence to back its claim.

You do not have that.

It's still a "hypothesis." Nothing more. Hope this helps.
X

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
I have read this thread in total and have come to the following conclusion.

Vince is full of shit. He's like the old bloke in the corner who is telling you he's got the stock market figured out and can make you millions. But when you get closer to here his theory you realise that all he's managed to do is shit himself.

At this point my reaction is the same. Just walk away, shake your head and think "sucks to get old and senile".