Author Topic: Quotes from an old schmoe I know....  (Read 27853 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Quotes from an old schmoe I know....
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:03 AM »
The only joke is your Hypertrophy hypothesis, which has never been published in a reputable science journal because no scientist would ever take it seriously.

Have you ever had an original idea in that thick head of yours? You are NOT an expert at anything so absolutely can't criticize what others have proposed.

Who did you beat in a bodybuilding contest?

Please list the champion bodybuilders who got a patent on a biceps machine and then built it. You haven't used this machine so have no idea how effective it is.

I am getting results at 75. I don't need to publish anything to know what works. If that is you in that photo I feel sorry for you. You don't belong on this site.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 02:09:11 AM »

Have you ever had an original idea in that thick head of yours? You are NOT an expert at anything so absolutely can't criticize what others have proposed.

Who did you beat in a bodybuilding contest?

Please list the champion bodybuilders who got a patent on a biceps machine and then built it. You haven't used this machine so have no idea how effective it is.

I am getting results at 75. I don't need to publish anything to know what works. If that is you in that photo I feel sorry for you. You don't belong on this site.

That is why your hypothesis will never be remembered and no one will ever care about it (other than you).

It will make ZERO difference in the fitness world. Your hypothesis will never improve anyone's physique. It's a failed hypothesis. It will never be taken seriously.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2017, 02:25:38 AM »
That is why your hypothesis will never be remembered and no one will ever care about it (other than you).

It will make ZERO difference in the fitness world. Your hypothesis will never improve anyone's physique. It's a failed hypothesis. It will never be taken seriously.

Who gives a shit what a nobody like you thinks? Go piss up a rope for goodness sake and stop posting here like you are some educated person.

I could care less if bodybuilders keep doing what they believe. That is the way it has always been. It takes individuals who think and can improvise who end up making a difference.

You are still a young guy who has no clue or desire to build his muscles. So what on earth do you know? Bugger all.

So please list your degrees and the universities you attended.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 02:35:07 AM »
Who gives a shit what a nobody like you thinks? Go piss up a rope for goodness sake and stop posting here like you are some educated person.

I could care less if bodybuilders keep doing what they believe. That is the way it has always been. It takes individuals who think and can improvise who end up making a difference.

You are still a young guy who has no clue or desire to build his muscles. So what on earth do you know? Bugger all.

So please list your degrees and the universities you attended.

But your hypothesis will never make a difference. Your hypothesis has made zero impact on the fitness world. What difference has your hypothesis made? You said individuals can make a difference. How have you and your hypothesis made a difference in the fitness world?
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 02:39:00 AM »
But your hypothesis will never make a difference. Your hypothesis has made zero impact on the fitness world. What difference has your hypothesis made? You said individuals can make a difference. How have you and your hypothesis made a difference in the fitness world?

You don't have a physique of note so what university did you attend?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 02:47:55 AM »

this is him

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2017, 02:51:06 AM »

I have NEVER studied fitness in school or anything related. Not once. I've never attended any classes related to nutrition or physiology, etc.

However, all that does not matter; I know that you're hypothesis has not made a difference in the fitness world because it has never been published in a reputable journal. Your hypothesis has made its way on getbig and Ironmag magazine and will go no further way. Your hypothesis will rarely, if ever be used by anyone in a gym, let alone a professional athlete.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2017, 03:16:30 AM »
I have NEVER studied fitness in school or anything related. Not once. I've never attended any classes related to nutrition or physiology, etc.

However, all that does not matter; I know that you're hypothesis has not made a difference in the fitness world because it has never been published in a reputable journal. Your hypothesis has made its way on getbig and Ironmag magazine and will go no further way. Your hypothesis will rarely, if ever be used by anyone in a gym, let alone a professional athlete.

Unbelievable crap from a schmoe wannabe. You didn't sound educated to me and now you confess you know only what you acquired from the internet. Broscience. You got nothing.

Why on earth you think you can debate with someone like me is one of the wonders of the internet. The dopes literally don't have a clue about how ignorant they truly are.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2017, 03:23:53 AM »
Unbelievable crap from a schmoe wannabe. You didn't sound educated to me and now you confess you know only what you acquired from the internet. Broscience. You got nothing.

Why on earth you think you can debate with someone like me is one of the wonders of the internet. The dopes literally don't have a clue about how ignorant they truly are.

I did not have to study anything fitness-related in college to know that your hypothesis is bunk.

All reputable ideas are published in peer-reviewed journals. Yours is not. I don't need to know anything else. Your hypothesis would not stand up to scientific rigor. It would be demolished. This is why you don't have the guts to get it published in a reputable journal because you know your hypothesis wouldn't stand up to scrutiny. So, you hide behind getbig in order to justify an unsupported hypothesis that would get demolished in the "real world."
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 03:59:46 AM »
I did not have to study anything fitness-related in college to know that your hypothesis is bunk.

All reputable ideas are published in peer-reviewed journals. Yours is not. I don't need to know anything else. Your hypothesis would not stand up to scientific rigor. It would be demolished. This is why you don't have the guts to get it published in a reputable journal because you know your hypothesis wouldn't stand up to scrutiny. So, you hide behind getbig in order to justify an unsupported hypothesis that would get demolished in the "real world."

Listen to this punk. What do the scientists know about maximum hypertrophy? Very little because it is not a subject worthy of science....or so they believe. The bodybuilding magazines, some books, plus the internet are all we have re hypertrophy and muscles. So don't bring up crap like reputable journals. What are your qualifications to make your statements carry any weight? You don't have any otherwise you would have posted them.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2017, 04:04:24 AM »
Vince, did you ever cross paths with Doug Hepburn back in the day? I find his methods are (still) among the most effective , albeit simple for sustainable, long term strength building. Did body builders like yourself pay much attention to strength athletes like Doug for training tips back then or not so much?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2017, 04:17:17 AM »
Vince, did you ever cross paths with Doug Hepburn back in the day? I find his methods are (still) among the most effective , albeit simple for sustainable, long term strength building. Did body builders like yourself pay much attention to strength athletes like Doug for training tips back then or not so much?

I have a story about Doug that I wrote online. Probably lost on Ironage and here in the stories. Both lost because of who knows why.

I knew Doug and he trained me for two weeks back in 1969. We used his home exercise device that he invented and had made. He had

a larger version of that machine. The protocol he devised was 20 sets of biceps curls for 5 reps supersetted with 20 sets of triceps French presses overhead.

The machine I used had resistance only in the positive movement. I gained half an inch on my upper arms in those two weeks which was amazing back then.

I stopped going over to use that machine because he loaned it out to someone else as he was trying to sell them. I abandoned those protocols believing they were excessive.

In retrospect Doug was closer than I was to a method for hypertrophy. Doug was highly intelligent and talented. He also sang at night clubs in Vancouver and he was a writer. I caught up with him in

1980 and have a photo somewhere. Smart guy. He figured out both how to get stronger and bigger. He was the world champion heavyweight weight lifter

in 1953. Was the first guy to bench press over 500 pounds. Doug ended up alone which is pretty sad for someone who pioneered so much in

the Iron game.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »

Listen to this punk. What do the scientists know about maximum hypertrophy? Very little because it is not a subject worthy of science....or so they believe. The bodybuilding magazines, some books, plus the internet are all we have re hypertrophy and muscles. So don't bring up crap like reputable journals. What are your qualifications to make your statements carry any weight? You don't have any otherwise you would have posted them.

Youve already used the whole, "maximum hypertrophy is very little worthy of science." How many more times are you going to use this lame excuse? Ive already explained to you that even if maximum hypertrophy is not worthy of science, it would still be considered a breakthrough in science if you produced a theory of maximum hypertrophy. Even if it didn't directly affect scientific studies, scientists would still be interested in your results and try to generalize it to other populations, e.g., how to increase muscle mass of someone who has a neurodegenerative disorder. So, for the 100th time, scientists use theories all the time that are not directly associated with the populations they study because they try to generalize the results to a larger audience. Plus, its quite obvious that a theory of maximum hypertrophy would have great benefits to boxers, football players, etc, etc, etc.

So, we come back to the reason why you will not present your hypothesis to the larger scientific community. Because you know it will not stand up to scientific rigor. You know it will be immediately destroyed by real scientists. Because you know you have ZERO credible evidence regarding your theory. All-in-all, I do not need a degree to know that you have not presented your hypothesis to the larger scientific community, and, therefore, there is ZERO credibility regarding your hypothesis.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »
Bump for a link to Vince B's hypothesis in full print.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »

haha, oh, this will be interesting. Vince will post a link to his Iron Mag article!! haha lol
X

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2017, 03:29:25 PM »

haha, oh, this will be interesting. Vince will post a link to his Iron Mag article!! haha lol

either way guaranteed  it will be long winded, only focus on arm development ignoring the rest of the body and will be in all blue fonts.

oh and have reference's to the following

-everyone except  Basile is stupid
-challenge everyone to step from out behind the keyboard
-the pullover and deadlift injury
-only need no more than 1gm of protein per day
-flotsam and jetsam

what it won't say is...
-how Vince although still in good shape for many years after his last comp as well as being in good shape for an average 70 something,  he has not been under 18% bodyfat since 1975
-how nobody other than Vince has ever been experimented on for his theory
-his denial about ever being wrong
-
-
"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »
"

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2017, 03:47:37 PM »
is this the article

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/max-muscle-tension/

Goodness I hope not. Not even a hypothesis in that. A ton of questions, no answers and surely no studies done to support his one claim that DOMS = muscle growth.
Groundbreaking indeed! :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
Goodness I hope not. Not even a hypothesis in that. A ton of questions, no answers and surely no studies done to support his one claim that DOMS = muscle growth.

The peer-reviewed process is not a perfect system, but its the closest thing we have to oversee the validity of a hypothesis--team of researchers review every article to see if its publishable quality. With Ironmag, there is nothing like that. Yet, Vince thinks this is an effective way to demonstrate his hypothesis. It's quite sad.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2017, 03:53:22 PM »
The peer-reviewed process is not a perfect system, but its the closest thing we have to oversee the validity of a hypothesis--team of researchers review every article to see if its publishable quality. With Ironmag, there is nothing like that. Yet, Vince thinks this is an effective way to demonstrate his hypothesis. It's quite sad.
And in the article written he claims to have stolen the idea from Doug Hepburn.  :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2017, 08:07:35 PM »

Since when are you the authority on what constitutes a method for hypertrophy? What are your qualifications? Zero. Okay, please post here a peer reviewed theory or method for maximum hypertrophy.

I know my method works. Where are your results? What is your theory or method for hypertrophy?

It really is pathetic that some wannabes figure they are smart if they can criticize others but have absolutely no knowledge themselves.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2017, 08:09:25 PM »

Let me be concise and as direct as possible. You really are a f*#kwit.  ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2017, 08:16:16 PM »
Let me be concise and as direct as possible. You really are a f*#kwit.  ::)
I agree, but I'm not the one claiming to have a theory of hypertrophy  (stolen from Doug Hepburn) and an article with a hundred questions and no answers. That article was an absolutely horrible written waste of space and time and we are all dumber for having read it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2017, 08:19:07 PM »
Since when are you the authority on what constitutes a method for hypertrophy? What are your qualifications? Zero. Okay, please post here a peer reviewed theory or method for maximum hypertrophy.

I am not an expert on methods of hypertrophy. I don't have any qualifications regarding fitness, nutrition, or training, etc. In the same way that I don't have to be a medical doctor to reject a claim by a medical doctor that he can cure cancer, if he does not provide evidence. Either the person has evidence or they do not.

Further, I don't have to provide any peer-reviewed theory of hypertrophy. All I have to do is ask you to provide good evidence of YOUR hypothesis. Other people's opinions are irrelevant to your claims. You made the claim--the burden is on you to provide evidence for your hypertrophy theory. Other hypotheses/and or theories, have ZERO to do with your claims.

I know my method works. Where are your results? What is your theory or method for hypertrophy?

Anecdotal evidence is a weak form of evidence, and that is the only form of evidence you have. Thus, you do not know if your methods work.

I don't have results, nor do I have a hypothesis of hypertrophy. But, I don't need to have a hypothesis and/or theory of hypertrophy. All I need to do is reject your hypothesis based on the lack of evidence.

It really is pathetic that some wannabes figure they are smart if they can criticize others but have absolutely no knowledge themselves.

I don't have to have knowledge of hypertrophy. You didn't produce any evidence that would require me to have any knowledge of hypertrophy in order to examine your claims.
X

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2017, 08:21:16 PM »
I have a story about Doug that I wrote online. Probably lost on Ironage and here in the stories. Both lost because of who knows why.

I knew Doug and he trained me for two weeks back in 1969. We used his home exercise device that he invented and had made. He had

a larger version of that machine. The protocol he devised was 20 sets of biceps curls for 5 reps supersetted with 20 sets of triceps French presses overhead.

The machine I used had resistance only in the positive movement. I gained half an inch on my upper arms in those two weeks which was amazing back then.

I stopped going over to use that machine because he loaned it out to someone else as he was trying to sell them. I abandoned those protocols believing they were excessive.

In retrospect Doug was closer than I was to a method for hypertrophy. Doug was highly intelligent and talented. He also sang at night clubs in Vancouver and he was a writer. I caught up with him in

1980 and have a photo somewhere. Smart guy. He figured out both how to get stronger and bigger. He was the world champion heavyweight weight lifter

in 1953. Was the first guy to bench press over 500 pounds. Doug ended up alone which is pretty sad for someone who pioneered so much in

the Iron game.

Vince can you elaborate on how that worked please,