Author Topic: Strawman Vs. Coach is back  (Read 15244 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Strawman Vs. Coach is back
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2017, 04:44:28 PM »
Obviously it did. This is longest of your responses and I only said two words....lol

#MAGABITCH
Naw I just find it funny how stupid and short you are.  ;)
A

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »
Isn't StrawMan 240IsBack from the pre-election Trump hating days?  The guy who was run off the board for being so wrong so often about Trump?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »
Isn't StrawMan 240IsBack from the pre-election Trump hating days?  The guy who was run off the board for being so wrong so often about Trump?

240 didn't leave because of Trump winning.
X

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2017, 05:57:38 AM »
240 didn't leave because of Trump winning.

He "disappeared" a little before Trump crushed Killary.  Never faced the music or paid the piper.  Is StrawMan 2Fatty?

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2017, 05:59:17 AM »
strawman takes the cake for biggest getbig idiot, much worse than rangerwill or big black cock or doomer or any of the degenerate disgusting gays we've got ulrking in our midsts

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
Coach is a 60yr old baby starting these types of topics.
T

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »
Yup. And he melts so easy.  ;)
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »

Is was a training question to prove he knows nothing and proved by not being able to back his shit up.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
Both Coach and Strawman are iron warriors who engaged in a bloody battle of wit and strength.

It appears that there was no winner this time around. These  two Warriors will live to fight another day.
X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2017, 06:45:05 PM »

Is was a training question to prove he knows nothing and proved by not being able to back his shit up.

you started this thread because you were butt hurt that I call you a phony coach and a moron

still not quite sure why you care what I think but it's evident from reading this thread that many people share the same opinion

regarding your "training question" we've had this very same discussion at least a couple of times in the past

you posted a video of your kid squatting (and the video link didn't even work which is emblematic of almost everything that you do) and INVITED people to flame on.

you didn't even bother to mention that your kid was doing a box squat until someone called you on it

I merely made the claim that box squats are pretty much worthless for anything except powerlifting (remember you keep claiming you train this movement to improve athletic performance) and one rep box squats are idiotic, especially for teenagers.  One rep anything is almost worthless for anything and certainly not worth the risk of injury to an athlete who is lifting weights to improve his ability in a particular sport.

Rather than give you my opinion I gave you the detailed argument against box squats for sports training from an actual legitimate professional coach

If I recall correctly, instead of trying to address his arguments you just screamed something to the effect of "who cares what he thinks" which of course leads to the response of then why should anyone give a fuck what you think

As I said of the first page of this thread if you want to keep selling that bullshit it makes no difference to me.
Your unfortunate students will eventually figure out the truth for themselves

Q: What do you think of having athletes do box squats? What about bodybuilders?

A: I never use them. With athletes, you want the most bang for your buck, the highest return, because you only have eleven weeks on average to train them during their off-season. So the choice of exercises becomes really important.

The problem I have with box squats is that their application is limited to powerlifting. The reason being is the goal of powerlifting is to lift the highest amount of weight for the shortest amount of distance within the rules. Essentially in the box squat, your shins don't travel forward. Now I don't know of any sport where the shins don't travel forward for propulsion. So the mechanics of the box squat aren't found in sport.

Do you think all the Westside people are up in arms yet and have me on their hit list? But it's the Bruce Lee principle again: use what is useful and reject what is not. Box squats are the only thing in the Westside system I don't agree with. They only have applications for powerlifting.

Also, any sort of restricted movement pattern tends to change soft tissue integrity. One thing you'll find with people who do a lot of box squats is that they're abnormally tight in the piriformis muscle, for example. In sports where you have to change direction a lot, the box squat will actually decrease your power because you won't be able to use those muscles efficiently.

Finally, most of the athletes I have are highly paid. There's a risk when doing box squats of the athlete bouncing on the box due to lack of concentration. The trauma that can result on the sacral vertebraes could be tremendous. There are just better alternatives. If you're a powerlifter, they're great. If you're any other type of athlete, stay away from the box squat.

Now, as far as bodybuilding is concerned, you can inject box squats sparingly into the training process. They will hypertrophy the thighs and glutes. But bodybuilding isn't an athletic endeavor. Most bodybuilders can't walk and chew gum at the same time. They're not known for coordination!

https://www.t-nation.com/training/question-of-strength-35

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2017, 06:46:42 PM »
Both Coach and Strawman are iron warriors who engaged in a bloody battle of wit and strength.

It appears that there was no winner this time around. These  two Warriors will live to fight another day.

I have yet to see any sign of wit from Coach is Back or from his prior incarnations as JoeLoco or MrIntenseOne

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:36 PM »
you started this thread because you were butt hurt that I call you a phony coach and a moron

still not quite sure why you care what I think but it's evident from reading this thread that many people share the same opinion

regarding your "training question" we've had this very same discussion at least a couple of times in the past

you posted a video of your kid squatting (and the video link didn't even work which is emblematic of almost everything that you do) and INVITED people to flame on.

you didn't even bother to mention that your kid was doing a box squat until someone called you on it

I merely made the claim that box squats are pretty much worthless for anything except powerlifting (remember you keep claiming you train this movement to improve athletic performance) and one rep box squats are idiotic, especially for teenagers.  One rep anything is almost worthless for anything and certainly not worth the risk of injury to an athlete who is lifting weights to improve his ability in a particular sport.

Rather than give you my opinion I gave you the detailed argument against box squats for sports training from an actual legitimate professional coach

If I recall correctly, instead of trying to address his arguments you just screamed something to the effect of "who cares what he thinks" which of course leads to the response of then why should anyone give a fuck what you think

As I said of the first page of this thread if you want to keep selling that bullshit it makes no difference to me.

thanks man, glad to see youre kicking ass!

you've missed a great deal here on getbig.

Two of our strongest anti-obama, pro-repub voices now support amnesty.
Most of the repubs in the 2016 mix also support amnesty.

Obama's taking heat for wanting to push amnesty alone via exec order, as repubs want their name on it too.  I think the word "hispandering", coined here by 333386/soul crusher, describes it best.

Ted Cruz 2016 is one of the only true conservative voices left.  HOWEVER, after cantor lost his primary on a single issue election (amnesty) to a total unknown with barely any money, repubs are now in a panic about where to stand on the issue.

The (lolzer) repubs on getbig supporting amnesty are now working to backpedal, just as their repub bosses do the same.   Rick perry screaming that obama isn't doing enough to help thousands of children weaponized into flooding our border is emblematicof it all... is that the word I'm looking for?  lol...

everything is mixed up.  Repubs are the new libs.  Crying about collateral damage from drone strikes.  In 2003, they wanted to turn the place into a parking lot.  nowadays, obama hits a terror camp and kills the pizza guy and theyre ready to impeach.

Speaking of impeach, issa has turned pussycat and won't come at obama for the birther stuff, F&F, irs, benghazi, or anything else.  RINOs on getbig as suddenly against it too, because they only do what FOX tells them to think.

Libs are still libs, they suck, but staying quiet has actually served them well lately.  Repubs are too busy defending liberal ideals to realize they're whitewashing the fence while Tom Sawyer spends their allowance...

Emblematic?  That's a big word.  Only one other poster (240 is back) has ever spontaneously used that word on Getbig.  What a coincidence that you and 240 are the only ones to ever use that word.  

Rob, why don't you bring back your old account?  It would be much more fun to see 240 arguing with coach.

:D  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2017, 09:06:07 PM »
Emblematic?  That's a big word.  Only one other poster (240 is back) has ever spontaneously used that word on Getbig.  What a coincidence that you and 240 are the only ones to ever use that word.  

Rob, why don't you bring back your old account?  It would be much more fun to see 240 arguing with coach.

And same posting style!
X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2017, 09:24:59 PM »

And same posting style!

LOL

I know for a fact that I'm not 240 or the guy you're referring to

I only have one account and no one posts except me

none of my friends in real life have any awareness of this board or my online persona (I wouldn't even bother trying to explain it)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »

LOL

I only have one account and no one posts except

none of my friends in real life have any awareness of this board or my online persona (I wouldn't even bother trying to explain it)

So what do you tell your friends your mom you do all day at work in her basement?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »

LOL

Rob, just bring back 240.  Trust me, it will go over well.   :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2017, 09:38:54 PM »

There ya go again, just because Poliquin writes an article you think he’s the “guru” and I’m supposed just back off and concede “ooohh, well, if it’s Poliquin it must right” seek him out and bring him here. We would have nice respectful debate. He would give his I would give mine. I just happen to disagree with him. I gave most of reasons in a previous post within this thread. I still say you don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground about training.

Let me add to my previous post on here (if I haven’t already) when I’m training a power athlete, that athletes vert, standing broad jump, first step, etc does not come from strong “quads” it comes from a strong posterior chain (look it up, I ain’t explaining it again) if I’m squatting wide (as wide as the footprint on my squat racks) and squatting to parallel depth or below, I’m recruiting more posterior chain, add in auxiliaries with GHR, Reverse hyper, RDL (uni and bi lateral) along with a unilateral exercise I’m not only increasing his power exponentially but protecting his knees, hips and low back at the same time, they’re all connected moron in a single kinetic chain. Similar to a pause squat, if I’m using a box squat with a 3-0-1 tempo for example, that’s a shit ton of power coming out of the hole.

Look at a linemen’s stance. Look how he comes off the line.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2017, 09:39:43 PM »
Rob, just bring back 240.  Trust me, it will go over well.   :D

this is going to end in tears for you

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »

LOL

You just have your head completely up your ass when it comes to training

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2017, 09:48:43 PM »
You just have your head completely up your ass when it comes to training

I don't give a shit what anyone wants to invest their time in doing

for you the proof is in the pudding

if one rep box squats translate into superior performance you will get the last laugh

agreed?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »

So what do you tell your friends your mom you do all day at work in her basement?

my mother lives in Texas and doesn't have a basement

I live in San Jose California

you must be thinking about yourself or someone you know

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
I don't give a shit what anyone wants to invest their time in doing

for you the proof is in the pudding

if one rep box squats translate into superior performance you will get the last laugh

agreed?

Yes,  I will because I completely understand the basis from top to bottom of why I put my Systems together the way I do. All of our main lifts are done on percentages.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2017, 10:06:44 PM »
Yes,  I will because I completely understand the basis from top to bottom of why I put my Systems together the way I do. All of our main lifts are done on percentages.

like I said

agreed?

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »
like I said

agreed?

lol this idiot

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2017, 10:14:50 PM »

It appears that there was no winner this time around. These  two Warriors will live to fight another day.

^^^^^^^
Love this stuff!