Author Topic: Strawman Vs. Coach is back  (Read 15246 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Strawman Vs. Coach is back
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
Seems Strawman likes to just not talk down to and shit on tradesmen (Construction, etc) but also what I do for a living, so much that he insists on using “Phony coach” to describe me. I was actually fine with that for the most part ignored him, until today when he gave the reason for it. It was because I use a box squat instead of a traditional squat (which he can’t explain why either) when training ATHLETES. So I thought I would just call him out publicly as part of a debate on not just the box squat but training athletes (philosophy and methodology) in general since I am just a teacher of “tire flipping”.

I will in fact, be also giving some of my responses TO HIM (Strawman) on YouTube as well. Let’s make one thing clear about our resident liberal village idiot, Strawman, he’s a coward. He will hide and although he will never reveal himself or anything about himself (someone did post a pic of him on a certain IG site, but I digress) he will continue to talk shit without backing any of it up. Just a disclaimer, I never claim to know everything and learn from anyone credible. I’ve been training athletes for 20 + years. I have 9 players currently in the NFL, 11 D1 college players and more going after the high school season ends.

Since Strawman seems to think he knows all. These training questions and answers can be anything related to...

Dealing with injuries

Program design

Strength & auxiliaries

Speed and change of direction

Conditioning (for sport not aesthetics)

Flexibility

Now, just to let Strawman understand. I give talks and coaching seminars on these very subjects not just at my facility but different schools and other training facilities. So without further ado, here is my first question to Strawman...

Strawman,  you recently gave your reason for call me a “phony coach” for performing box squats with my athletes. IN YOUR OWN WORDS can you give the reasons why you think you need to discredit myself while giving reason why the box squat is useless (I think that’s what you used)?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Strawman Vs. Coach is back
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »
Seriously, it's just the Internet.

We all bust each other's chops on here. Most here know not to take it too seriously.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 08:47:27 PM »
Seriously, it's just the Internet.

We all bust each other's chops on here. Most here know not to take it too seriously.

Strawman has a big mouth. This is between him and I. That commie needs to be called out for his bullshit. This is Bodybuilding, fitness and training site. This is about training on this board. If he’s going to demean hard working people for careers that don’t meet up to his pompous-ass standards he needs to be called out especially when he hides.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 08:50:46 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »
Strawman has a big mouth. This is between him and I. That commie needs to be called out for his bullshit. This is Bodybuilding, fitness and training site. This is about training on this board. If he’s going to demean hard working people for careers that don’t meet up to his pompous-ass standards he needs to be called out especially when he hides.

Bodybuilding, fitness and training rarely get discussed on getbig any more.

It's strange that you're letting him bother you this much that you had to make a thread about it.

Doesn't seem worthwhile, but to each their own.
X

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »
Wait... is Strawman the gay mexican guy that was just deported?
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 08:58:37 PM »

Commie?

Why so angry comrade?

When I need some tire flipping advice I'll let you know

It's hilarious (and actually pretty sad) that you're so worked up about what I think about you

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »
Commie?

Why so angry comrade?

When I need some tire flipping advice I'll let you know

It's hilarious (and actually pretty sad) that you're so worked up about what I think about you

I asked you a specific question, let’s get this show on the road, son

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 09:10:09 PM »
Wait... is Strawman the gay mexican guy that was just deported?

😂😂😂

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
X

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 09:14:25 PM »
I hear planting and pulling those Hillary yard signs is a good core workout.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 09:18:14 PM »
I hear planting and pulling those Hillary yard signs is a good core workout.

Mostly posterior chain through RDL’s. If he knew how to get down in the neutral spine position and was strong enough, he’d have no problem.....lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
I asked you a specific question, let’s get this show on the road, son

box squats have no benefit in terms of athletic performance
If you want to sell that bullshit to people I couldn't care less (they will figure out the truth for themselves eventually)
one rep box squats are of course idiotic

do I need to remind you that you invited people to "flame on"

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=568993.0

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 09:35:20 PM »
If you want to sell that bullshit to people I couldn't care less (they will figure out the truth for themselves eventually)

Seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence for box squats. I never did them. Box squats have benefits for athletic performance.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=box+squats+vs+regular+squats&safe=off&dcr=0&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEtv6z5_bWAhXBkZQKHa-dCLIQ_AUICSgA&biw=2034&bih=1035&dpr=1.25

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »

Before I bury you, managed to get through about 4-5 pages when I came across this....

“LOL

I hope you're not his spelling coach

no shit it's not a youtube video and I never said it was

I said you were too stupid to even know how to embed a youtube video much less create one

I squat at the end of my workout (after leg extensions and leg press) and these days don't go above 275-315 but it's not some bullshit 1 rep box squat with 4 spotters

It's full squats for 10-15 reps

btw - why did you post this in the first place”

Why in the fuck would you squat last? Hahaha

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 09:41:24 PM »
Before I bury you, managed to get through about 4-5 pages when I came across this....

“LOL

I hope you're not his spelling coach

no shit it's not a youtube video and I never said it was

I said you were too stupid to even know how to embed a youtube video much less create one

I squat at the end of my workout (after leg extensions and leg press) and these days don't go above 275-315 but it's not some bullshit 1 rep box squat with 4 spotters

It's full squats for 10-15 reps

btw - why did you post this in the first place”

Why in the fuck would you squat last? Hahaha

I squat last because I'm warmed up and don't need to go over 275-315

the only revision is that I stopped doing leg extensions in the beginning of the workout

I do that at the end if at all

like I said before if you want to sell bullshit to people I really don't care (they will figure it out for themselves eventually)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 09:52:14 PM »

1. Not everyone can do a regular squat properly.

2. The box squat when done properly serves several purposes.

1. Teaches proper mechanics to the traditional squat which we do at my school and those with us that go to other schools.

2. Most people are quad dominant using mostly close stance squats. The box squat using a wide stance (foot print of the rack) allows more recruitment of the hamstring and posterior chain. Off the line explosiveness comes from the posterior chain rather than the “quads”. Also, a stronger posterior chain, especially hamstring strength makes for healthier knees because the hamstring is a flexor to the knee.

3. We don’t go Max Effort every week. During most of the off season we do. Establishing a true 1RM in any mainlift sets up for the rest of the week since we work mostly in percentages depending on the sport. In season we switch to prilepins chart

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 09:54:38 PM »
1. Not everyone can do a regular squat properly.

2. The box squat when done properly serves several purposes.

1. Teaches proper mechanics to the traditional squat which we do at my school and those with us that go to other schools.

2. Most people are quad dominant using mostly close stance squats. The box squat using a wide stance (foot print of the rack) allows more recruitment of the hamstring and posterior chain. Off the line explosiveness comes from the posterior chain rather than the “quads”. Also, a stronger posterior chain, especially hamstring strength makes for healthier knees because the hamstring is a flexor to the knee.

3. We don’t go Max Effort every week. During most of the off season we do. Establishing a true 1RM in any mainlift sets up for the rest of the week since we work mostly in percentages depending on the sport. In season we switch to prilepins chart

it's nice that you think I care

really

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »
I squat last because I'm warmed up and don't need to go over 275-315

the only revision is that I stopped doing leg extensions in the beginning of the workout

I do that at the end if at all

like I said before if you want to sell bullshit to people I really don't care (they will figure it out for themselves eventually)

You’re training  Bodybuilding, I’m training athletes....it’s not even REMOTELY the same. Do you actually think I would box squat a bodybuilder? All training isn’t the same... damn

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »
it's nice that you think I care

really

Bbbbuuttt you said it was useless.... refute what I posted

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 10:00:53 PM »
You’re training  Bodybuilding, I’m training athletes....it’s not even REMOTELY the same. Do you actually think I would box squat a bodybuilder? All training isn’t the same... damn

have you ever considered the option that you could not care what I think?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 10:03:40 PM »
have you ever considered the option that you could not care what I think?

Not yet. You have a big mouth and so far proven you’re clueless on just about everything...... especially training.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 10:10:18 PM »
Not yet. You have a big mouth and so far proven you’re clueless on just about everything...... especially training.

you should try to expand your mind to include that concept

I'm trying to help you

this is one of my Platinum Member Life Coaching Secrets

don't tell anyone else

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »
you should try to expand your mind to include that concept

I'm trying to help you

this is one of my Platinum Member Life Coaching Secrets

don't tell anyone else

I want to thank you in contributing to the making of a complete ass of yourself and discrediting any of your thoughts about training.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 10:26:09 PM »
Why bother coach? Why do you care what he thinks?

How can you have time for this, arguing on some obscure webforum. Dont you have a business to run?

An nfl athlete coach dont have time for that. I just dont understand.

This meltdown must be a major victory for strawman, so why post this emotional stuff?

I dont mean any disrespect (this time around) just wondering why you seem so insecure with this post.