Author Topic: Question about tax rates among other countries (non US)  (Read 607 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Question about tax rates among other countries (non US)
« on: October 19, 2017, 12:08:37 AM »
Was thinking about universal healthcare vs Americans system. I'm honestly still on the fence of which is better.

Initially I thought universal was better but then I did a little math. So assume the American tax rate is 30% and Canada's is 50%. You may think the Canadian system while more expensive you get more out of it. But if you figure the vast majority of American tax money is used for our massive alpha military. While Canada and eurotwink countries don't spend shit on military I assume.

So now I'm thinking that the US healthcare while heavily flawed may be better. What are your thoughts, would like to hear from Americans and non Americans.

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Question about tax rates among other countries (non US)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »
American healthcare blows others out of the water especially before Obamacare. Wait times are forever, taxes, food, cost of living are much higher in countries that support universal. They have to ration it out,etc.

Small story from Norway as an example. Wife used to live there for 8 years and visited there for the first time myself not too long ago. Was talking to a couple there and they told a story of how an older fellow (65ish) cut part of his finger but was smart enough to put it on ice to preserve it and bring it to the hospital to put it back on. They told him he didn't have much longer to live anyway so it was pointless to do that. Rationing out. That is how you are treated as an "older" person. Not like the guy was 90 (not that it is still ok).

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Question about tax rates among other countries (non US)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:59:51 AM »
American healthcare blows others out of the water especially before Obamacare. Wait times are forever, taxes, food, cost of living are much higher in countries that support universal. They have to ration it out,etc.

Small story from Norway as an example. Wife used to live there for 8 years and visited there for the first time myself not too long ago. Was talking to a couple there and they told a story of how an older fellow (65ish) cut part of his finger but was smart enough to put it on ice to preserve it and bring it to the hospital to put it back on. They told him he didn't have much longer to live anyway so it was pointless to do that. Rationing out. That is how you are treated as an "older" person. Not like the guy was 90 (not that it is still ok).

F#@%ing Nazis.