Author Topic: Spoke to a White Liberal Getbigger about Trump.  (Read 1395 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Spoke to a White Liberal Getbigger about Trump.
« on: October 25, 2017, 02:12:36 PM »
I know I'm taking a risk posting this thread here, but I figured I would do it just this one time - I can promise I will not post more than one post like this per month.  ;D

The "liberal" and "tolerant" Getbigger told me that he considers Trump to be an embarrassment.  What a strange person - here's someone who has never had a Black friend in his life, embarrassed that Trump is crude or "racist" or whatever.  ::)  He did not say racist, but if I had pressed him for more reasons why he disliked Trump, I would bet money that it would have come out.

It's just strange to me that the people who claim to be the most tolerant are, in reality, nothing of the sort - they are just the opposite of tolerant, really.

It reminds me of that comment from George W. Bush recently, where he trashed Trump.  Here is a man who started a war that resulted in the deaths of something like 500,000 or a million people, and he has the nerve to bash Trump?  Have these people never heard of a mirror?

What annoys me so much about these people is that they are pushing a demographic model that they live nowhere near.  So in the end, they are pushing for a demographic model that they effectively want nothing to do with, then calling everyone racist who simply wish to live in the same lily-White and safe areas that they live in.  They call others "racist", while doing nothing whatsoever that would discern them from the people they are trashing.

It's nice to finally see some push-back to political correctness - if it wasn't Trump, it would have been someone else.

What I love about Getbig is that, ultimately, it is honest here.  There is no pretend go along to get along BS happening here.  People don't pretend they like other people, and people don't pretend everything is roses.  You don't have rafts of people claiming to like diversity while doing the exact opposite.  Take universities for example - they claim to be "tolerant", yet discriminate against 90% of the population based on cognitive ability right from the onset.  ::)  It's sort of ironic, but Getbig allows anyone to post here - providing that they have thick enough skin or can develop it.  I respect that, and that's why I always return.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Spoke to a White Liberal Getbigger about Trump.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 02:18:59 PM »
Looks like I was late to the trigger:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=638165.0

This is why I love Getbig.  White liberals are perfectly welcome here, but they have to be expected to be able to debate their positions.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
I can’t even have a conversation with a liberal,it would drive me nuts.Yes they are exactly like you say promoting racial equality,black lives matter etc...as they don’t now nor ever will live near them.Like I always say liberals are al for second chances and rehabilitation until it happens to them.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 02:54:06 PM »
Looks like you have to use your steel forged muscles to lay down the law!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 03:00:14 PM »
Its impossible to say if Trump is racist or not.

I disagree with people when they say that Trump is racist. I also disagree with those who say that Trump is not racist.

We simply do not know Trumps internal working model regarding race--we don't know his inner world.

Of course, one can have stereotypes and prejudices, without it necessarily manifesting in actual discrimination (behavior).

Its rather pointless to use the word "racism" because it really tells us nothing about the relationship between prejudice (affective-emotions), stereotypes (cognitions--thoughts) and discrimination (behavior). That is a much more propelling conversation. Racism can exist on any of those three levels. Ben Shapiro stated that he really doesn't care about someone's inner world regarding race (prejudice and stereotypes); he only cares about behavior (discrimination). So, according to Ben Shapiro, one can be racist on an affective and cognitive level without it necessarily manifesting in behavior. I am much more interested in how people navigate those three dynamics rather than just saying "Someone is racist."
X

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »
I know I'm taking a risk posting this thread here, but I figured I would do it just this one time - I can promise I will not post more than one post like this per month.  ;D

The "liberal" and "tolerant" Getbigger told me that he considers Trump to be an embarrassment.  What a strange person - here's someone who has never had a Black friend in his life, embarrassed that Trump is crude or "racist" or whatever.  ::)  He did not say racist, but if I had pressed him for more reasons why he disliked Trump, I would bet money that it would have come out.

It's just strange to me that the people who claim to be the most tolerant are, in reality, nothing of the sort - they are just the opposite of tolerant, really.

It reminds me of that comment from George W. Bush recently, where he trashed Trump.  Here is a man who started a war that resulted in the deaths of something like 500,000 or a million people, and he has the nerve to bash Trump?  Have these people never heard of a mirror?

What annoys me so much about these people is that they are pushing a demographic model that they live nowhere near.  So in the end, they are pushing for a demographic model that they effectively want nothing to do with, then calling everyone racist who simply wish to live in the same lily-White and safe areas that they live in.  They call others "racist", while doing nothing whatsoever that would discern them from the people they are trashing.

It's nice to finally see some push-back to political correctness - if it wasn't Trump, it would have been someone else.

What I love about Getbig is that, ultimately, it is honest here.  There is no pretend go along to get along BS happening here.  People don't pretend they like other people, and people don't pretend everything is roses.  You don't have rafts of people claiming to like diversity while doing the exact opposite.  Take universities for example - they claim to be "tolerant", yet discriminate against 90% of the population based on cognitive ability right from the onset.  ::)  It's sort of ironic, but Getbig allows anyone to post here - providing that they have thick enough skin or can develop it.  I respect that, and that's why I always return.

It is not incumbent on liberals or anyone else for that matter to tolerate intolerance and bigotry.  Nice try on the false equivalency.

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 03:40:53 PM »
The best is when liberals go on and on about how great public schools are and then the second they get a little money they jam their kids into the first private school they can find.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »
The best is when liberals go on and on about how great public schools are and then the second they get a little money they jam their kids into the first private school they can find.

Wealthy liberals see themselves as gods chosen and abhor the common wo/man - it's all "ewww, just go away peasant".
Same goes for conservacucks - similar crowd, different name.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »
Wealthy liberals see themselves as gods chosen and abhor the common wo/man - it's all "ewww, just go away peasant".
Same goes for conservacucks - similar crowd, different name.

lol