Author Topic: IFBB Pro contest coming to Ireland - along with a pro qualifier  (Read 1677 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
IFBB Pro contest coming to Ireland - along with a pro qualifier
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:30:04 PM »

Pretty cool to see Brian and Tamer team up with the Musclecontest team to bring pro bodybuilding to Ireland... along
 with an IFBB Pro League qualifier

IFBB Pro Men's Bodybuilding 212lb and under - April 14, 2018
 including a Musclecontest Pro Qualifier in Limerick, Ireland

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: IFBB Pro contest coming to Ireland - along with a pro qualifier
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:48:34 PM »
pretty cool they are starting to do this in other countries
"

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 06:04:40 AM »
This is a nice surprise - but the all important thing (for me anyway) is the Pro lineup - wonder how soon before the contest that sort of thing is decided/announced..?
T

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 06:25:47 AM »
This is a nice surprise - but the all important thing (for me anyway) is the Pro lineup - wonder how soon before the contest that sort of thing is decided/announced..?

Be 1-3 of the top 212's contacted to do X shows a year and then the usual plethora of nobodies and local talent that can finally afford to fly to a show as it's only over the water...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
RON, I'm more interested in the fact that the IFBB Pro League under the "chairmanship" of Jim Manion is gaining a foothold outside of the USA.

So I assume that this contest may be the start of a number of IFBB Pro League events in Ireland.

Great to see that!

It's also good to see that Bob Chick will be hosting a few IFBB Pro League contests in Great Britain.

I also assume that these foreign events wlll be considered as "affiliates" to the IFBB Pro League  and some of these other IFBB International events held outside of the USA may be breaking away from the IFBB International which is under the supervision of Rafael  .... whose last name I have presently forgotten how to spell .... and possibly join up with the IFBB Pro League under the direction of Jim.

And it's also remotely possible that some of the present USA, IFBB Pro League contest  promoters may quit their ranks and loyalties and join up with the IFBB International group via Wayne Demilia's persuasion ... which I personally think would be a big mistake.

Please let me (or us) know who joins whom and what's up with what .. if you run across any information of this sort.

It appears that most GetBiggers could give a shit .... regarding the eventual outcome  of this situation, but those of us who have been or are  presently associated with either organization ... just might find it to be interesting.

And one last thought .... It is now my understanding that Arnold and Lorimor (spelling again?) will promote their world-wide events in association with both the IFBB Pro League and the IFBB  International group depending on which country on this planet the event is conducted within.

Does that mean that IFBB International pro card winners will be eligible to compete within the IFBB Pro Olympia?

That could turn out to be a major problem for both sides.

Have both sides officially agreed to this as of yet?

Thanks, Ron!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 08:52:11 AM »
but the all important thing (for me anyway) is the Pro lineup - wonder how soon before the contest that sort of thing is decided/announced..?

The official list usually comes out a week before the contest, but we usually get quite a few athletes announcing way before their schedules on what shows they want to compete in.

RON, I'm more interested in the fact that the IFBB Pro League under the "chairmanship" of Jim Manion is gaining a foothold outside of the USA.
So I assume that this may be the start of a number of IFBB Pro League events in Ireland. Great to see that! It's also good to see that Bob Chick will be hosting a few IFBB Pro League contests in Great Britain. I also assume that these foreign events wlll be considered as "affiliates" to the IFBB Pro League  and some of these other IFBB events held outside of the USA may be breaking away from the IFBB International which is under the supervision of Rafael  .... whose last name I have presently forgotten how to spell .... and possibly join up with the IFBB Pro League. And it's also remotely possible that some of the present USA, IFBB Pro League contest  promoters may quit their ranks and loyalties and join up with the IFBB International group via Wayne Demilia's persuasion. Please let me (or us) know who joins whom and what's up with what .. if you run across any information of this sort.
It appears that mose GetBiggers could have a shit regardless of situation, but those of us who have been or are  associated with either organization ... just might find it interesting. And one last thought .... It is now my understanding that Arnold and Lorimor (spelling again?) will promote their world-wide events in association with both the IFBB Pro League and the IFBB  International group depending on which place on this planet the event is conducted. Have both sides agreed to this?

Will try to update as much as I can, although I have been busy with family and work, not as much into going to many events. Yes, the Arnold Classic (which has 5 contests) has decided to split them into USA and Australia for IFBB Pro League and NPC, and Spain, South Africa and Brazil for IFBB International.  Not sure on all what is going on, as finding out day by day.  IFBB Pro League qualifiers may one day turn into NPC International, which sounds great, as so many competitors want to compete in them. And not sure what both sides have agreed on...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 09:03:58 AM »
Thanks, RON. That was one hell of a fast response! No more than 60 seconds  by my $6 time piece!

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 04:00:07 AM »
Juat what we need, another midget class