Author Topic: Michael Moore's Anti-Trump Broadway Show MASSIVE FAILURE!!  (Read 1277 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Michael Moore's Anti-Trump Broadway Show MASSIVE FAILURE!!
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
While not at all presidential I must point out that the Sloppy Michael Moore Show on Broadway was a TOTAL BOMB and was forced to close. Sad!
5:19 PM - Oct 28, 2017
 42,523 42,523 Replies   22,588 22,588 Retweets   98,104 98,104 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

President Donald Trump took on one his most vocal celebrity critics Saturday in a message posted to his Twitter account, calling filmmaker Michael Moore’s anti-Trump summer Broadway show a “total bomb” that was “forced to close.”
“While not at all presidential I must point out that the Sloppy Michael Moore Show on Broadway was a TOTAL BOMB and was forced to close. Sad!” Trump tweeted Saturday evening about Moore’s show.

Trump was, of course, referring to Moore’s Broadway show The Terms of My Surrender, a play in which the filmmaker took aim at Trump and his policies and often brought out celebrity guests to help bash the president. The play opened in late summer and ran for twelve weeks at New York City’s Belasco Theater.

According to industry box office tracking at BroadwayWorld.com, Moore’s show grossed a total of $4.2 million during its run, or less than half of what it had the potential to make. Through its final seven weeks, the show managed to gross over 40 percent of its potential earnings just once, according to the site.

The show was also mostly panned by critics, with one Los Angeles Times reviewer calling it a “support group for disheartened Democrats,” and one in which Moore casts himself both as a “victim of the right” and a “champion of all mankind.”

Moore fired back at the president Saturday in a series of tweets, explaining that the show had always been intended to play as a limited engagement and saying at least one senior member of Trump’s White House was a fan of the filmmaker’s.

“You must have my smash hit of a Broadway show confused with your presidency- which IS a total bomb and WILL indeed close early. NOT SAD,” Moore wrote in the first of eleven messages.

Moore also suggested that Trump was using the play as his “latest distraction” from his “crimes,” and called the president a “loser.”

“For now, at least, I know I still have one fan in the White House (thx for your unwavering support Jared!)” he concluded his tweets.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Michael Moore's Anti-Trump Broadway Show MASSIVE FAILURE!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »
I had a good hearty laugh over that tweet.  8)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »
Never heard of it
was it "forced to close" or is Trump just lying again?
Why is Trump even talking about it
Seems pathetic given that he's POTUS and should have more important things to do
I can't recall Obama ever tweeting about Dinesh D'Souzas stupid movie about him

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 10:57:53 AM »
Even on a slow Sunday it's always great to fall back on yet another Michael Moore FAIL story to help keep the juices flowing.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 11:00:21 AM »

Hates Evil Capitalism, lives in a bad ass mansion right on the lake.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 11:00:50 AM »
Even on a slow Sunday it's always great to fall back on yet another Michael Moore FAIL story to help keep the juices flowing.

that's weird

have you ever considered trying to raise your personal standards rather than trying to make yourself feel better by dwelling on other peoples perceived failures?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 11:05:50 AM »
that's weird

have you ever considered trying to raise your personal standards rather than trying to make yourself feel better by dwelling on other peoples perceived failures?

I do just fine.

Still have my health. Still have the ability to train.

Enjoy logging on here and having interesting discussions with yourself and others.

I just despise everything that man stands for.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »
"While not at all presidential....." lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 11:12:05 AM »
Fat Michael Moore cake sugar and food - is a complete mess and failure.  No one takes him serious other than the check out at the buffet line

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »
Never heard of it
was it "forced to close" or is Trump just lying again?
Why is Trump even talking about it
Seems pathetic given that he's POTUS and should have more important things to do
I can't recall Obama ever tweeting about Dinesh D'Souzas stupid movie about him

It was planned 12 weeks, it ran 12 weeks. Trump lied...yaaaaaaawn... what's new?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »
Donald Trump is a fucking idiot if he thinks that this will distract from Manafort being tossed into the slammer.  Michael Moore's show was a limited engagement which ran for 12 weeks.  Yes it could have earned more...if it ran longer than 12 weeks.  ::)  Placed was packed every night.  Honestly, Trump needs to quit taking the bait

A

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »
More bs to take the focus off the trump train wreck.